Their game tonight

Something to do with the Valencia badge,I think..?
k9ewra.jpg

Who’s in front of there badge?

The thing that struck me was how surprised the folk on Radio Scotland sounded at how easily Valencia brushed Celtic aside.

They kept banging on about how this was a shock due to Celtic's brilliant form since the return from the winter break.

Lets break down that form shall we.

Before last night they had played 7 and won 7 since the break beating;

Airdrie
St Mirren
Hamilton
Hibs
St Johnstone x3

Thats as easy a run of games they could have asked for considering the standing or form of those teams.

It's as if they honestly expected the poets to run over Valencia.

Madness.
They’ve had 7/8 home games after the Winter break against poor opposition. They think they are world beaters again. A few away games and hopefully we will close the gap on them.

Their insistence on playing the ball out will be their downfall. They think they are Barcelona however they aren't and can't be as Barcelona have a tie in with UNICEF which they can't and never will.

Valencia have class footballers all over the pitch. It's not particularly easy to play the way they did unless you have players who are comfortable on either side, can kill a ball stone dead from any angle, calm under pressure and clinical in the final third. Unfortunately we don't possess many of these footballers for pretty obvious reasons. Hopefully we can start producing our own because we won't be buying them any time soon.

Valencia looked quite good last night and didn't really need to break sweat or get out of 2nd gear to beat them. Reckon there is a good chance that Valencia could take them apart back in Spain.

Celtic in the end just resorted to their normal trying to assault the opposition players.

Something to do with the Valencia badge,I think..?
k9ewra.jpg
The Valencia badge has a black bat on it, let's make a moronic banner and fly a big Spanish republic flag, it might scare them....didnae work...they humped us silly....it's not fair....where's Clare Whyte?

The "playing out from the back" philosophy they have is so fanciful against superior opposition when you consider the fact they have messers Boyata and Simunovic as their CB pairing.

They look like world beaters with it against every other team in the SPL because the opposition all panic, and essentially bottle it, as soon as they kick off.

Us, Hibs and Hearts have all exploited their weaknesses fairly easily this season - why can't the others at least "try" too as well?

At 6/4 Valencia were just too good a bet last night. Wish I had bigger balls as I only had a tenner on it but it's still nice to take a few bob off the bookies courtesy of the the mhanks taking a doing. In Europe they are the gift that keeps on giving.

It's great seeing them brought down from their delusions of grandeur but also sets the level of SPFL football in stark relief

Saw the goals on STV, Raman said at the first goal their defence stopped looking for an offside - wrongly !:D

They were expecting Scottish officials to flag on the basis of intent. Yes the Spaniards were really thinking about being offside before they cynically weren't.

A Scottish official would have spotted that, and if not, they would have been cited by the independent Compliance Officer who would have decided herself after being told to.

Valencia were soundly beaten by Juventus at home. Maybe Celtic thought all they had to do was play like Juve...

You see how flawed this logic is?

Back