Their PR machine is incredible...

1. It is crucial, utterly crucial that 'ra whole sellik support' aren't punished - closing stands would be cruel and wrong. It was Juan Ghuy. Now, does anyone recall same mindset when we sang naughty songs?
2. It is crucial that each piece of trouble is treated on its own and NOT seen as 14 incidents...that is unfair too. Mmm.
3. "The cash disparity means CL is unfair on ra hoops....but doesn't hold true for the SPL where ra hoops are unbeatable super heroes".
4. Their new defender is going to Everton after 5 games for £10m.

It is astonishing. Really....hats off.

5/ Not forgetting the digs in at Neymar lack of class
6/ Not forgetting the usual off the scale praising of the wondeful fans and best ever, atmosphere by whoever they can find...this time the PSG owner.
7/ they were the bestest, bestest team interviews ever we have played so was the result really that bad???
8/ oh and the obligatory get a negative story with any-and i do mean ANY- tenuous connection to Rangers.
There would be a 9 but the Lisbon Liars are all getting a tad old and sadly ill, and it would look a bit wrong now.

It is "the Lawell bingo card" after every CL humping.

It's getting to the bottom of the barrel now though, I mean wheeling out some clown who has broken their ankle after we "hurled" abuse at her and her daughter!

I'll bet not one person in the vicinity gave a hoot about them.

Someone should point out the following turnovers
Celtic v PSG
Celtic v Aberdeen

I suspect that there is a bigger gap between them and every other club in Scotland (bar us) than all the European elite clubs and them.

I would expect some story to leaked tonight/tomorrow , to ensure the spotlight moves fully away from their performance and off field antics . And there is something to discuss in the media over the weekend,phone ins etc .

Yeh i too heard Gollum at pains to get the authorities to confirm that they would take the supporters attack as a unique event. I very nearly crashed the car when i heard it! My God you can imagine him tracking them down, head bowed, all compliant like.....please pplease sirs...

One thing i do admire about Celtic FC (and that is the only thing) is their co-ordinated and consistent Public Relations. It is not only strategic but it is scarily tactical.

Within the MSM they have anchormen in every news corner. Within social media they are kings, even if i drop something remotely controversial on twitter (btw i have like a handful of followers only) some Celtic minded scum pings back almost immediately with a bite back.

We have seen them in action now since 2012, they are like an army of ants online and look at the formula just how they swing into action from twitter right through to full on news hour segments on all channels.

From social media noise from the likes of The Clumpany etc to a phoney war correspondent Alex Thomson its a formula that stands them well. Check out the Tom English threads for the generic engagement model.

So where is ours? What does Traynor do? are they so old and dyed in the wool media traditionalists that they are playing in the wrong stratosphere? Yes, i generally think so.

Its not about having a quality website or media content, its a multi-headed beast that synchronises and reacts with agility when there is the slightest threat on the mother ship.

Time to get into this century Rangers.

I would expect some story to leaked tonight/tomorrow , to ensure the spotlight moves fully away from their performance and off field antics . And there is something to discuss in the media over the weekend,phone ins etc .
If we get a 50/50 decision go our way at Thistle that will be a cue for meltdown for at least 3 days. Especially if it results in a winning goal. You can just imagine it now.

Last edited:
Yeh i too heard Gollum at pains to get the authorities to confirm that they would take the supporters attack as a unique event. I very nearly crashed the car when i heard it! My God you can imagine him tracking them down, head bowed, all compliant like.....please pplease sirs...

One thing i do admire about Celtic FC (and that is the only thing) is their co-ordinated and consistent Public Relations. It is not only strategic but it is scarily tactical.

Within the MSM they have anchormen in every news corner. Within social media they are kings, even if i drop something remotely controversial on twitter (btw i have like a handful of followers only) some Celtic minded scum pings back almost immediately with a bite back.

We have seen them in action now since 2012, they are like an army of ants online and look at the formula just how they swing into action from twitter right through to full on news hour segments on all channels.

From social media noise from the likes of The Clumpany etc to a phoney war correspondent Alex Thomson its a formula that stands them well. Check out the Tom English threads for the generic engagement model.

So where is ours? What does Traynor do? are they so old and dyed in the wool media traditionalists that they are playing in the wrong stratosphere? Yes, i generally think so.

Its not about having a quality website or media content, its a multi-headed beast that synchronises and reacts with agility when there is the slightest threat on the mother ship.

Time to get into this century Rangers.

If anybody has'nt, watch the series the Thick of it, this is the type of PR/Spin that Dr Death brought up here from the Westminster bubble, Celtic as you have said seem streets ahead and are able to almost deflect with impunity damaging news.

1. It is crucial, utterly crucial that 'ra whole sellik support' aren't punished - closing stands would be cruel and wrong. It was Juan Ghuy. Now, does anyone recall same mindset when we sang naughty songs?
2. It is crucial that each piece of trouble is treated on its own and NOT seen as 14 incidents...that is unfair too. Mmm.
3. "The cash disparity means CL is unfair on ra hoops....but doesn't hold true for the SPL where ra hoops are unbeatable super heroes".
4. Their new defender is going to Everton after 5 games for £10m.

It is astonishing. Really....hats off.
Jackets off and sleeves rolled up and lets get right into them

If anybody has'nt, watch the series the Thick of it, this is the type of PR/Spin that Dr Death brought up here from the Westminster bubble, Celtic as you have said seem streets ahead and are able to almost deflect with impunity damaging news.
Our PR is sadly lacking,should have been a priority for improvement.

Would it be a stretch of the imagination to wonder if the brown envelope plays a large part in their PR success?

Our PR is sadly lacking,should have been a priority for improvement.

They have many supporters in the media, we have very few.
We tend to give our honest view, they skew their view to get Celtic in a good light.
We can only beat them on the park.

Listening to the opening drivel on Clyde here, just because I wanted to see if they handed out anymore damage limitation for the Mankies.

They didn't disappont. Wee daftheid, Mark Wilson, tells us PSG gave the best performance of any away team he's ever seen ! Just incredible, could do no wrong...no team will stand a chance against them this season in the Champions League...:D

Utter, utter mince. PSG are going to be good going forwards but there are better in Europe this season, nevermind HISTORY !! :rolleyes:

Then you have the softer but just as regular "How great would you say the celtc fans are?" type questions before the game to bemused foreign players.

The main issue is that there are fanatical celtc fans in every part of the press who have no professionalism and like most mentally challengeds can't avoid making the club they support the key driver for everything they do in a job. That is what is comes down to more than Liewell or anyone else at celtc having some sort of masterplan. Just good old fashioned rabid celtc fan bastards in the press.

It really is amazing just how much that mob fall for that shit.

They lap up stuff like "Oh the atmosphere is amazing...these fans are brilliant...it's the best I've ever experienced blah,blah. blah" after being skelped by said opponent who clearly weren't fazed or intimidated at all.

Facts are this. Since 2013/14 they've only won 3 out 14 home games in the group/knockout stages. If that was us I'd be more worried about our shitty home form. Instead this mob are crowing about the PSG President giving them an ego wank in the press.

I'm embarrassed for them after reading some of the pish I've read today

If this was Rangers the usual suspects would be demanding a stadium closure and highlighting the past record

Celtic have a serious hooigan problem with their support and have had for years that's ignored by the Scottish media but not by UEFA

The Ira songs getting sung the other night have not merited a peep anywhere in our press neither did their past behaviour with Neymar who was pelted with drinks cups and other missiles on his last visit to the theatre of shame last season

A club like no other .... yip with a media like no other too

Head of the Irish fa and chief IRA chiormaster / UEFA delegate John Delaney will be frantically working his sectarian socks off ensuring the piggery remains open

Compare and contrast if it were the Rangers ....

Just thinking if Ralston is worth millions after 1 champions league game where he was roasted in a 5-0 doing what price Gary McSwegan would reach nowadays for scoring against Marseille ( using the dembele calculator)

Scottish press .... I'm embarrassed for the lot of you

Take the Neymar situation.

Spotty oik spent 90 minutes trying to boot Neymar, gets caught abusing him on camera and then is somehow the victim when Neymar refuses to give him the time of day at the end or swap shirts with him.

All that crap about "you can't buy class, Ralston is more of a man than him, Neymar is a brat"

Then when it's discovered Neymar had already promised Dalglish's wife the shirt for his charity does he get an apology ? Does he %^*&. The papers instead give it "at least he's saw sense, he's doing it to make up for the Ralston situation etc.."

It's total bollocks.

It really is amazing just how much that mob fall for that shit.

They lap up stuff like "Oh the atmosphere is amazing...these fans are brilliant...it's the best I've ever experienced blah,blah. blah" after being skelped by said opponent who clearly weren't fazed or intimidated at all.

Facts are this. Since 2013/14 they've only won 3 out 14 home games in the group/knockout stages. If that was us I'd be more worried about our shitty home form. Instead this mob are crowing about the PSG President giving them an ego wank in the press.
Who was the player that said "Oh yeah, I played in Glasgow in XXXX year and it was the best I've ever heard".

Turns out it was Ibrox. :cool: Oops.

When your team is 3-0 down, its going on 8 and you have 3 1/2 % possesion cheering them on doesn't make for atmosphere it makes you look like a fanny.

Who was the player that said "Oh yeah, I played in Glasgow in XXXX year and it was the best I've ever heard".

Turns out it was Ibrox. :cool: Oops.

Zoran Mamic.

Dinamo Zagreb manager Zoran Mamic got his Old Firm clubs mixed up ahead of the Europa League clash with Celtic at Parkhead on Thursday night.
At his press conference at Celtic Park, the Croatian waxed lyrical about previously playing at the stadium, saying, via an interpreter: 'I played here 15 /16 years ago.
'I remember that game well.
'I have save said before I don't remember a better atmosphere in my career than at Celtic Park.
'It is a huge privilege to play against Celtic with such a great team and we will do our best.'

However, Mamic has never played at Celtic Park but was an unused substitute when Bayern Leverkusen played the Hoops' traditional rivals Rangers at Ibrox when the two sides drew 1-1 in a UEFA Cup tie in 1998.
Afterwards, he admitted his error to Press Association, saying: 'It was a mistake, it was Rangers.'
Mamic will hope this trip to Glasgow is unforgettable.
His side thrashed Astra 5-1 in their Group D opener while Ronny Deila's team drew 2-2 draw with Red Bull Salzburg in Austria.
The Scottish champions struggled in the early part of the season, effectively being knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers twice

This all started when Cardinal Winning changed the curriculum in RC schools to promote the importance to the catholic religion of taking over the press and judiciary as that is where all the real power and opinion forming is held. He instructed head masters to push pupils towards studying politics, law and journalism and forego the science type subjects.
Interesting, another reason they want to keep their own schools, typical Jesuit philosophy.
We are up against a tough enemy, hopefully the lack of priests joining up these days will be to their disadvantage.

Kieran Ralston? Something like that...he's 19 year old youth player.

The bbc gossip column said that Everton are interested in Ralston after his performance against Neymar. I don't know if I was watching the same game as everyone else but Neymar ripped him a new arsehole in that game scoring 1 goal and setting up another. If they are suggesting that this performance was good by Ralston and he's now worth £10m then they really are crazy.

Practice makes perfect. The liars get more accomplished with every lie and they have a willing media ready to promote their propaganda as and when required.
We need a professional PR set up and need to get rid of the muppets attempting our PR that fail miserably at every turn.
It might cost to buy a few friends in the media..........but needs must

one of the things that gets me is the front page of the record actually seems to be applauding violence. how else can you interperet calling the guy who punched the pitch invader a hero?

They get most of the 'PR' without needing to try. Tim fans in the media don't feel the need to hide it, and are Partisan loonballs like Guidi, Keevins, Ewing Graeme etc whilst any bears are shit scared to show any sign, perhaps as they know they're marginalised.

They can openly lie about us use sectarian terms against us and when we complain they either circle the wagons or just ignore us, yet they take a tweet out of context and use it to bury someone capable of calling them out for what they are. The club should have stood firmly behind Chris, like they do for their own. I think he would have put a few of them back in their box by now like he did with the corduroy crusader on live TV.

They get most of the 'PR' without needing to try. Tim fans in the media don't feel the need to hide it, and are Partisan loonballs like Guidi, Keevins, Ewing Graeme etc whilst any bears are shit scared to show any sign, perhaps as they know they're marginalised.
Quite right, Tagsbear. It isn't that difficult to get favourable PR stuff out and about when nearly all the people that it is fed through receive it with enthusiasm. You mentioned three names, followed by an etc. Suspect that those included under etc would be numerous. Apart from the bloke Jack, who writes for the Evening Times, I genuinely can't think of any journalist who is sympathetic to Rangers. It is this lack of balance that will always give Celtic a huge advantage on PR.

Back page of the Express today. " Same old Neymar, always cheating. " Where do you start with stuff like this ?

All Rangers need to do is employ someone to gather evidence of the lies and double standards at play. Collate it and present it for the world to see. Why they dont do this is anyone's guess. It leaves us vulnerable and exposed to further attacks.

Perhaps Club 1872 might like to take this on. Im sure a book on the subject would more than pay for itself providing its done professionally.

Was PMSL when I heard Gollum coming out with that verbal diarrhoea about how he contacted UEFA and how other charges would not be brought into the equation.

Are we really to believe that UEFA would discuss such things with this nonentity?

Did ya see the bheasts tweets under his ? They were absolutely raging ,calling him a grass, the enemy within, then questioning why he didn't ask UEFA about Rangers when the lego eater was last at Ibrox Obsessed mhutants

As others have pointed out, most of their PR/media relations operation is carried out by so-called 'journalists' and 'reporters'. Lawwell hardly has to lift a finger.

There was a time I felt anger over the bias we have to face but it's really just a symptom of declining standards throughout the country.

The Scottish media is a lost cause. The print press is on life support anyway.

The club should be bypassing the traditional outlets making full use of modern media.

Why hasn't it done this?

It still seems to be running scared of the political/cultural factor.

It will be something we sing tonight.

We've never been good at boxing clever and you can guarantee with a night time KO some will drink too much and sing something the mhedia can swiftly shift all the focus on to.

An open goal for Tom Irish and co.

Back