Their Tainted Cup Win - Perfect Irony?

Punpun

How much has this contributed to keeping Neic the Brave in a job? Would like to hear peoples thoughts on this.

He's constantly banging on about it in every presser, I wouldn't have thought it could possibly hold so much leverage but I can't see what else could possibly be keeping him in a job, bar him being in possession of Lawwells scuds.

Is he clinging on through that? Has he managed to have the perfect excuse fall into his lap by scraping past a 2nd tier team on penalties?

If Kingsley didn't hit a dud of a pen, would they have canned him there and would it have even made a difference in how their season's gone?

If it is their pishy treble thats kept him on so long, its genuinely the greatest flavour of irony going. With the amount of lobbying that lot did to get it played and the way they pretended like it holds any meaning whatsoever, just for it to keep the man they hate the most in a job is just beautiful.

When they talk about his 8 wins out of the last 22, do last season’s Scottish cup ties (Aberdeen & Hearts) get that ncluded in this stat?

He would have been sacked in October / November time if he never had that SC final to play at the end of last month.

It’s pretty apparent he was always going to get the chance to win the tainted treble, by which point they were already half way into this season and the damage was done.

They are now stuck in limbo with a manager who has well and truly lost the plot.

The greed for last seasons treble has ended up having a hugely negative impact in what they were touting as the most important domestic season in their rancid clubs history.

You’ve got to love it. Undone by their own arrogance and greed.

The more realistic ones among that mob are finally acknowledging that they've wasted 9 years hoovering up worthless one-horse race trophies when they should have already established themselves as a respected feature on the European stage. They had 9 long years to do so, and have failed miserably on a colossal scale. Instead, they have a reputation as whipping boys in European competition, from 1- 13 hammerings from PSG, to 2 - 8 thumpings from lowly Sparta Prague. They are a joke club.

The more realistic ones among that mob are finally acknowledging that they've wasted 9 years hoovering up worthless one-horse race trophies when they should have already established themselves as a respected feature on the European stage. They had 9 long years to do so, and have failed miserably on a colossal scale. Instead, they have a reputation as whipping boys in European competition, from 1- 13 hammerings from PSG, to 2 - 8 thumpings from lowly Sparta Prague. They are a joke club.

This. The rest mean nothing, they only wanted 10 and they thought that they just had to turn up to get it.

Saint Brenda came in at the wrong time for them, made them more professional but never done anything in Europe. All the while picking up tainted titles against a recovering Rangers. Bet they wish they had waited and had him now and not the bawbag they have now!!

This. The rest mean nothing, they only wanted 10 and they thought that they just had to turn up to get it.

Saint Brenda came in at the wrong time for them, made them more professional but never done anything in Europe. All the while picking up tainted titles against a recovering Rangers. Bet they wish they had waited and had him now and not the bawbag they have now!!

All those free hits at the Champions League and Europa League and they've blown it. Gerrard has advanced more in 3 years in Europe than they have in 9, and with less financial resources.

They will hate Brendan Rodgers even more so if that is at all possible when they realise they had a top manager in place and couldn’t keep hold of him,giving TLB the job was absolutely scandalous and the Fat Japanese has still to face the wrath of Celtic hordes how relieved must he be they aren’t in the ground and that a lot of them will likely not return either.

“We just won a treble last month” has to be my favourite sentence of the season so far

B-D
And what a treble, LC,won with an offside goal.

Championship awarded with 9 games left to play.

A Scottish cup penalty shoot out win against a second tier team that was weakened by demotion due to Septics manipulation of the Spfl .

Glorious eh .

Last edited:
It was an incredible treble.
League Cup - played off park and awarded an offside goal.
League - awarded via a zoom call, lost vote and a rousing speech.
Scottish Cup - season extended, rules amended, Gordon won two medals and could only beat a lower league team on penalties.
A treble never to be repeated but worthy of keeping their manager in a job for hopefully another treble of seasons.
They have always been good vice winners. Long may it continue.

Lennon was kept on to let him win a tainted treble

The GB mob were rioting 2 weeks in a row and their behaviour also kept Lennon in a job as Lieswell and Desmond decided mob rule would not force them to sack Lennon

So in a perverse way the GB riots have also contributed to their situation

Since the riots started they have dropped 11 points

Hope their rabid fans who are staring at losing 10IAR realise their actions affected the players and consequently results

Let that fact set in ya mhanky tramps

And what a treble, LC,won with an offside goal.

Championship awarded with 9 games left to play.

A Scottish cup penalty shoot out win against a second tier team that was weakened by demotion due to their manipulation of the Spfl .

Glorious eh .

When you put it like that it really was a bloody tainted treble

How much has this contributed to keeping Neic the Brave in a job? Would like to hear peoples thoughts on this.

He's constantly banging on about it in every presser, I wouldn't have thought it could possibly hold so much leverage but I can't see what else could possibly be keeping him in a job, bar him being in possession of Lawwells scuds.

Is he clinging on through that? Has he managed to have the perfect excuse fall into his lap by scraping past a 2nd tier team on penalties?

If Kingsley didn't hit a dud of a pen, would they have canned him there and would it have even made a difference in how their season's gone?

If it is their pishy treble thats kept him on so long, its genuinely the greatest flavour of irony going. With the amount of lobbying that lot did to get it played and the way they pretended like it holds any meaning whatsoever, just for it to keep the man they hate the most in a job is just beautiful.
I was out having a meal that night and had my phone on checking their results. Normally I want them fùcked at every opportunity but that night I had mixed emotions. When they eventually won my sadness lasted seconds. She asked me if I was gutted and I replied nah, it keeps him in a job. B-D

Don’t forget “We where the better team at Ibrox”,with 3 shots on targets .
to be fair, that's not just lemon it's their entire fanbase. In 30 years they'll be talking about that 25 minutes at Ibrox in the same breath as the Lisbon liars.

Then to top that, they claimed their quadruple treble as a 'world's first', only to be publicly called out by Lincoln Red Imps.

Did ye? Aye.

They then countered that argument by saying UEFA didn't recognise LRI as a pro outfit when they won it. So they take UEFA's word for gospel but when they and the rest of the sane world document that Rangers didn't 'die' they are all wrong and corrupt.

Couldn't give these tramps a red neck with a blow torch.

No chance mate, they got damn lucky due to Murray's shitehousery.
At best they won 4 air all while we were forced elsewhere to start again.
C.unts the lot of them

Scott Brown's embarrassing last stand, celebrating wildly against a championship side in a cup final being played in the wrong season.
Against a goalkeeper who collected a winners and a vice winners medal.
A Scottish Cup competition with an asterisk after it.
A Pub Quiz question for the next fifty years.
Yes, Scott Brown’s embarrassing last stand.

It's irrelevant mate.. it's the 10 that matters for them.

Personally I am delighted he is still here. I want him, brown and Liewell to forever be the men who were at the helm when they fucked the 10*. Lennons legacy is gone! What he has done as a player or a manager no longer matters. This season will be what he is remembered for forever more and I hope it eats away at him till the day he dies!

They’ll probably go for a big PR push. “The year we won blah blah blah...” to try to compete for headlines at the end of the season.

It almost certainly kept him in the job. Would have looked foolish if they had sacked him after all their glorified backslapping treble trebles or whatever the feck it was.

Don’t it matters not. Whats to come will end him and them.....let them have this little crumb lol they are back where they belong
I cringe for him I mean mate, everyone knows it's tainted beyond belief and he's purring about it as if he's just emulated Man Utd 1999.

Scott Brown's embarrassing last stand, celebrating wildly against a championship side in a cup final being played in the wrong season.
And sums him up perfectly. Snarling in the faces of Championship opposition at the end of a final that should never have been played. Opposition who had a player that could get both a winners and losers medal from the same game, and one who was playing for the team that put his old team out in the previous round. "Captain" Broon ladies and gentlemen, and still they lapped it up.

Celtic don't do irony. Any misfortunes that have, or are about to come, are just a small percentage of what they actually deserve. I only hope it is just the start of a very slippery slope for them.

In summary : %^*& them.

Back