Theo Snelders

Lordwatp

Am I right in saying he used to only play in what used to be joggers it's an argument I have at work. I can only remember him in joggers playing but I was a young whippersnapper back then.

I know he wore a keeper top and gloves too lol I could only remember him playing in joggers though it that I'm confused about if he played in shorts atall.

didnt only play in joggers or GK padded trews (was more of a fan of the 3/4 length variety in the 90's) , played plenty of time in regular kit

Am I right in saying he used to only play in what used to be joggers it's an argument I have at work. I can only remember him in joggers playing but I was a young whippersnapper back then.

Playing for us he only ever seemed to, I don’t recall him ever doing so at Aberdeen.

Snelders wore shorts in the 88 league final against us.
Goram wore joggies a few times, he also wore big knee supports.
I can remember Chris woods wearing tracky bottoms at Ibrox against St Mirren on a snowy day Haha.

Snelders wore shorts in the 88 league final against us.
Goram wore joggies a few times, he also wore big knee supports.
I can remember Chris woods wearing tracky bottoms at Ibrox against St Mirren on a snowy day Haha.
Lol

Just going by google images it seems he only wore joggies when playing for us.

25phijc.jpg

A great keeper. imo.

S**t out of playing an OF at the last minute meaning a clearly injured Goram had to play instead. Sure we lost 1-0 or 2-0.

Snelders was a fraud for us. An absolute fraud. If Smith had bothered getting a decent back up GK at the time it may have kept Goram on his toes enough to keep some semblance and professionalism in the 10IAR season.

S**t out of playing an OF at the last minute meaning a clearly injured Goram had to play instead. Sure we lost 1-0 or 2-0.

Snelders was a fraud for us. An absolute fraud. If Smith had bothered getting a decent back up GK at the time it may have kept Goram on his toes enough to keep some semblance and professionalism in the 10IAR season.

Didnt the same happen when he was called up for the Holland team, got dead nervous and shat it?

In his Aberdeen pomp he was better than Alan McGregor. McCoist broke his jaw, I think, and he was never the same after that.

Snelders was a good keeper mate, but better than McGregor, not for me.
They were/are actually quite similar. Both very good shot stoppers. Snelders was just more consistent, at least before his injury. McGregor is only consistent at not being consistent. He had a very good season last year yet still lost 3 or 4 terrible goals.

In his Aberdeen pomp he was better than Alan McGregor. McCoist broke his jaw, I think, and he was never the same after that.
He did, in a game at Pittodrie. The game should never have been players due to the weather.

Snelders couldn't cope with the passback law either.

Last edited:
He always wore joggers because he shat himself when he was listed to play against the Tims

Theo’s a sh1te bag, was the cry as he did this for the sheep as well

McGregor lost 2 awful goals against killie, another he should probably have done better at in same game, he should have saved Darren McGregor's header at Ibrox and he was to blame for Motherwell's injury time equaliser at fir park, the guy was about two yards out when he side footed the corner in FFS. Aberdeen's first when they knocked us out the cup went right through him as did Edouard's at Paekhead.

That being said he still had a good season. But the cult of personality he has built up seems to make people just ignore all of these. I do like him.

Niemi was the back up in the 10IAR season. Smith signed him that year. He never really got a sniff though, despite Goram’s form being a bit ropey in the run in.

He got a few games under Advocaat but he never seemed to trust him after the 5-1 Celtic defeat. Probably a bit harsh as he couldn’t have done much about it from memory. He was never going to displace a fit Klos though when he came in.

Niemi was the back up in the 10IAR season. Smith signed him that year. He never really got a sniff though, despite Goram’s form being a bit ropey in the run in.

He got a few games under Advocaat but he never seemed to trust him after the 5-1 Celtic defeat. Probably a bit harsh as he couldn’t have done much about it from memory. He was never going to displace a fit Klos though when he came in.

Niemi wasn’t a good enough back up either. I know he became a decent goalkeeper but we should have been signing an experienced back up who could be trusted and push Goram.

McGregor lost 2 awful goals against killie, another he should probably have done better at in same game, he should have saved Darren McGregor's header at Ibrox and he was to blame for Motherwell's injury time equaliser at fir park, the guy was about two yards out when he side footed the corner in FFS. Aberdeen's first when they knocked us out the cup went right through him as did Edouard's at Paekhead.

That being said he still had a good season. But the cult of personality he has built up seems to make people just ignore all of these. I do like him.
Some folk can’t help but swallow whole talking points from the press, despite most sports journalists not having a clue.

McGregor was very good last season. Every goalkeeper will make mistakes, and most of the ones you’ve attributed to him there aren’t even his fault.

Some folk can’t help but swallow whole talking points from the press, despite most sports journalists not having a clue.

McGregor was very good last season. Every goalkeeper will make mistakes, and most of the ones you’ve attributed to him there aren’t even his fault.
He was good yes, he still lost a lot of soft goals, as he always has. I like McGregor but I'm not blinded to his errors just because he was once a mad 'shagger'. I hope he has a similar season this year as it will be vital to our title chances

Why go to the hassle of making a thread about it and waiting for replies when a quick Google search shows dozens of pictures of him wearing shorts.

Back