Theo Snelders

Jan Žižka

He's made dolly's hall of fame and the link to it posted below.

Probably laughing more than I should but the 3rd (fallen) eyebrow along with good ol' Anton and penalties wasworth sharing.

A key member of the club’s cup double winning season of 1989-90, Snelders saved Anton Rogan’s penalty in the first shoot-out in Scottish Cup final history in 1990 to help the Dons win the trophy.

Won't take much to fill that "Hall of Fame"..... comedy at it's finest.
Hope his nerves hold up when he gets that award.

Was he not a renowned sh1tebag at at Rangers?

Which kinda fits with that particular HOF

Shat it once from an old firm game when named in the team leaving goram to play injured.

Best left forgotten

Shows the difference in standards between us and them

They'll probably induct that c1nt simpson next.

As a shitebag, I assume it will be presented by fellow perennial shitebag and fat lothario Derek McInnes?

He's made dolly's hall of fame and the link to it posted below.

Probably laughing more than I should but the 3rd (fallen) eyebrow along with good ol' Anton and penalties wasworth sharing.

A key member of the club’s cup double winning season of 1989-90, Snelders saved Anton Rogan’s penalty in the first shoot-out in Scottish Cup final history in 1990 to help the Dons win the trophy.
Shitebag.

I remember Snelders’ debut for Aberdeen on sportscene on the Saturday night.
He made a couple of great saves, one in particular tipped over the bar.

As a kid, I was just mesmerised-shame he couldn’t perform as well for us.

I'm sure the 'Theo is a shitebag' thing came from a match against Germany for Holland while he was still with the sheep. Did he not do the warmup then pull out of the match due to nerves or something?

Don't remember him being too much of a shitebag for us (possibly my memory playing tricks) 'cos he didn't play all that often as backup to Goram, Charbonnier and Klos.

Personally thought he was fantastic as an Aberdeen player.
Can’t recall too much whilst playing for us

Recall him being great for Aberdeen as a young boy. Good shot stopper and very athletic.

Was named in a lot of Dutch squads but was competing with van Breukelen, Menzo, van der Saar and de Goey at various times over his career.

Hardly played for us. Remember him wearing an inside out Ajax keepers kit with McEwan’s Lager screen printed on it in Amsterdam in 96.

Its mental to think that 30 years ago Aberdeen could sign a Dutch international keeper (yes I know he was capped at Aberdeen but I think had been named in squads before that) and the Dutch second choice attacker with a European Cup winners medal.

That would be like them signing Jeroen Zoet and someone like Luuk de Jong nowadays.

Think he suffered from anxiety so fair play to him for getting through it eventually.

Good on him and shame on all the “shitebag” comments.

This is quite funny a number of years ago, we were coming back from Florida, and had met up with a family of Bears. The conversation went on about Ra Rangers, then it came to Goal Keepers, and we could remember an ex Sheep goalie playing for us. Could we remember his name, No, it wasn’t till we were home, that we could get his name, “That’s How Forgettable He Was”

Anyone remember that goal we conceded away to Raith Rovers where the Raith player hit a piss weak daisy cutter that was almost a pass, and Snelders just seemed to stand looking gormless as he watched it slowly roll past him and into the net?

I was at Kirkcaldy that day.

I remember him being a brilliant keeper for Aberdeen, although he was the 1st f*ck up I remember when the passback rule came in - 1992 LCF when Stuart McCall scored.
Wasn't the same keeper after Super Ally accidently broke his jaw in a challenge at Pittodrie.
Thought he would've been great for us too - but wasn't to be.

My ex bird used to insist he was like a tall Tom cruise and had an unhealthy thing about him , I thought he was a good keeper at the sheep but couldn’t handle the pressure playing for us .

It’s happened to him , Webster , Adamzcuk, mladenovic off the top of my head . Good players but once signed for us their heads turned to mush .

The night he shat it for Holland was it not van der sar who got his 1st cap then remained no1 for a 100+ caps.

He was a fantastic keeper for Aberdeen but couldn't handle the pressure of playing for a much bigger club at Rangers. The game he chickened out of was a Scottish Cup match at the piggery in 1997 where he pulled out, allegedly due to nerves, a couple of hours before the kick-off meaning we had to play a less than half-fit Andy Goram in his place. We lost 0-2 and that was the first time they did the huddle at the end of the match, just to rub it in. Whilst we as a team were shit that night his part in that defeat, even though he wasn't playing, will never be forgiven by this Bear. We did get our revenge 2 weeks later when we virtually tied up 9 in a row with a 1-0 win and Andy Dibble in goal. At least he could handle the nerves! And the Gers did the huddle at the end of the match, which the natives did not take too kindly to :))

The night he shat it for Holland was it not van der sar who got his 1st cap then remained no1 for a 100+ caps.

No - Van der Sar didn’t get his first cap until 1995, both he and Snelders were non playing members of the Dutch 1994 World Cup squad.

He was excellent for Dolly.

Having his jaw broken in a game that should never have gone ahead and the passback law ruined his career.

Back