There are only three reasons this season won’t be a success.

although I agree, I’d also add 4. January transfer Window. How we handle bids for any of our key players (Aribo, Morelos, Kent, Kamala, Goldson etc.) could be important.

We don’t know who will bid for our players but with our great form domestically and in Europe I’m sure we will be getting some attention. EPL clubs could potentially bid for some of our top players and tempt them with mega wages. Although I’m sure we will only sell if the price is right, it can be disruptive if someone gets their head turned.

The accounts show that we need to be able to sell one or two players for big money to balance the books and free up cash for new talent - buy low, develop them and sell at a higher price. I feel good about the squad depth and we could lose one or two and have adequate back up to maintain our current levels, but it is still a danger and I’ll be happy to see the end of the January window. Hopefully the players all want to be here for a successful season and we can keep this group together until the summer.
Nobody will leave.

I genuinely can’t bring myself to believe properly because of the last few years.
Once January is out the way and we are hopefully still double figures ahead then I’ll maybe start to plan my celebrations

(fireworks aimed right at the Earl Hague’s house over the back who’s rubbed it in every time they’ve won will definitely be on the list)
An ex pal who used to get it right up all 'huns' even when they won some bauble against a non entity team while we were in Div 2 is hopefully going to see ALL my posts.

I genuinely can’t bring myself to believe properly because of the last few years.
Once January is out the way and we are hopefully still double figures ahead then I’ll maybe start to plan my celebrations

(fireworks aimed right at the Earl Hague’s house over the back who’s rubbed it in every time they’ve won will definitely be on the list)

Nah mate, I wont start planning my celebrations till we're still 11 points clear with 3 games to go (and those fuckers have played their games in hand).

There are "this feels different" vibes, this season. And I get that too. But after we won at their midden in December, i genuinely started to feel the tide had turned. I looked at our fixtures and theres and thought..."this is finally it". We know what happened next. And never mind Covid, seasons ending early and two old firm games left....We were never going to catch them last season even if it played out normally.

So I'm just taking each game as it comes. Still expecting them to put together a winning run. Yesterday was nice. I wasn't in the slightest bit upset they snatched a point. I said before their Motherwell/Hibs double header that, as long as Rangers won their two games, even one mentally challenged draw would be the stuff of dreams.

All we can do now, is win and win and win. They have favourable fixtures now. I think if you offer me now, Rangers winning every December league game, and going into that Old Firm game 14 points ahead having played 3 games more, I'll bite your hand off for that.

We will drop points, possibly lose. It's how we respond that'll be the key.

December and January are very tough months, especially if we get out our Europa League group.

Yes, we will. It’s just about when we do those things.

Better gers teams than this one, much as it gets my blood pumping, have started seasons flying then suddenly lost Their first game at home to Dundee.

Clearly that was a reference to 99/00. The difference then is Celtic were a shambles then. I don’t think, for all the 2 wins in 8 talk, that they are now. They’re reeling but will regroup and push us.

we will lose games and drop points, for sure....but when ? Can we avoid it in December? If we do that, then beat them in January....clearly it’s not “over” but it’s very much advantage Rangers.

Victory in that game with no slip ups in December and we allow ourselves the odd slip up that will inevitably come

I don't think anyone is seriously considering us for the title right now, apart from terrified Peasants like Shug Keevins and others like him who see their tinpot and fake 10 in a row slipping away already. The more we keep consistently winning League games and remorselessly pounding teams into the dust, including that mob coming up at Ibrox, only then will we have a chance. The refs know what is at stake this season, and have publicly said so.

Bad/cheating refereeing is the biggest single danger. COVID could have an impact but it would likely be short-term for a small number of matches.

It can’t be an issue at present as long as we are dominating our games to a point where we win by at least 2 or 3 but there will be matches coming up which will be much, much closer and thus us where the refereeing will have an impact. We’ve seen it before and there is nothing to suggest we won’t see it again. A couple of matches where we get draws instead of wins and they scrape wins instead of draws ( all thanks to “innocent mistakes”) and we’re all square again.

They will stop at nothing to ensure their tainted 9.75 in a row becomes a reality and the rest of Scottish football, as demonstrated by 2012 and last season’s gerrymandering, will be complicit.

When we rotate players or bring on subs or suffer injuries, we do not have to change tactics. There is no significant drop off if any. We can attack you through the middle, not just down the wings. And everyone now seem to know where they are supposed to be and when after 2 plus years in the system.

And scoring more means less chance of bad officiating affecting the result.

We are winning this. Only something off the pitch can stop it now.

We will have a bad spell, almost every team does, but the biggest danger is the transfer window. Top players are seldom available in January, so teams start to look at players who are just out of their top pick, this is when they could come sniffing round Tav, Goldson, Barasic etc.

Back