There simply has to be an asterisk when history records this years title “award”

Blue Tack

The zoom title
The Frankenstein title
The covid title
The Harry potter title

I could go on but the fact is that when the league standings are recorded officially then there has to be an asterisk ,and once there is then it is devalued because we all know whats behind the asterisk ,a clamouring and unabated desire to be "awarded" a title in these times and also the corruption that goes with it .

To not add it simply piles on the sham .

#addtheasterisk

Next season will start and we will be 18/20 games in with us leading the title race, then everything closed down due to 2nd outbreak of covid this worse than the 1st...........league declared null and void

Genuine point. Next season we may be looking at a significantly different league than we are used to. If so, do we get an asterisk WHEN we win 55?

If they say yes, then there you go, 9 in a row never happened.
If they say no, then they're thick

Nine in a row didn’t happen mate , they won 8 and got awarded one
So if we win it next season and it’s not in the normal format people will argue against us winning it as well

I agree though, they were winning 9 in a row they gave that up when they had a title given to them

Doncaster has already categorically ruled this out. Another reason we should be fighting this in the courts.

I posted something the other day detailing Wikipedia’s accompaniment of this season with a tiny (c) for citation, effectively providing the same mechanism an asterisk would, but it was very unobtrusive and didn’t diminish the effect of seeing nine successive Yahoo title wins*, sorry, wins (c).

I could imagine that being replicated for official purposes in most official Scottish publications.

But it doesn’t really matter. The title was bogus, and deep down everyone knows it.

Last edited:
The zoom title
The Frankenstein title
The covid title
The Harry potter title

I could go on but the fact is that when the league standings are recorded officially then there has to be an asterisk ,and once there is then it is devalued because we all know whats behind the asterisk ,a clamouring and unabated desire to be "awarded" a title in these times and also the corruption that goes with it .

To not add it simply piles on the sham .

#addtheasterisk

The point we are debating this foregone conclusion, shows how the mhedia are influencing. Theres no debate FFS

We as a fan base must start an asterisk movement, everywhere you see 9 in a row graffiti mark it with an asterisk if possible, on fbook, twitter etc comment with an asterisk, imagine all we replied was with asterisk rather than getting involved in debates and arguments just comment with an ‘*’ it would drive them mental!!!

So if we win it next season and it’s not in the normal format people will argue against us winning it as well

I agree though, they were winning 9 in a row they gave that up when they had a title given to them
Are you arguing that Walters 9 in a row didn't happen because we didn't play half the league only 3 times a season?
The league format is known at the start of the season, You play to win that tournament.
You don't play to be told the goal posts are moving as cunts see fit with a couple of months left.

If we top the league, that every club decides to play by taking the field and kicking the ball on the first day of their season, then we WIN the league.

As for this season, and Europe next. If it is written in any document that the winner after 38 games is nominated for CL , they can have their awarded title, but with it incomplete, I'd expect a play off to see who gets the CL place.

They won %^*& all!

As I have said in another thread, we as a club should never ever recognise this season as anything other than incomplete. Anytime we refer to this season it should always be incomplete with no winners/losers.

Are you arguing that Walters 9 in a row didn't happen because we didn't play half the league only 3 times a season?
The league format is known at the start of the season, You play to win that tournament.
You don't play to be told the goal posts are moving as cunts see fit with a couple of months left.

If we top the league, that every club decides to play by taking the field and kicking the ball on the first day of their season, then we WIN the league.

As for this season, and Europe next. If it is written in any document that the winner after 38 games is nominated for CL , they can have their awarded title, but with it incomplete, I'd expect a play off to see who gets the CL place.
Fs who even mentioned our 9IAR?

I’m pointing out if any Tim throws a smaller league or whatever at us next season if we win the league they’ll be voiding their own title “win” this year

Repeating this point:

I worry to what extent the 9/10 asterisk tainted chat is unhelpful to us as club moving forward.

Ultimately Celtic having a title - won fairly or not - represents another year that we don't have it. There will be some people who would take solace in a Celtic title win next year by saying, "yeah, but, it's not actually 10, they're actually back to 1 again." It's a weird form of distraction from dealing with the fact that we still haven't won it.

I'd rather the players were fired up next year at the chance of stopping them winning a league than taking as much comfort from some in here about whether next season would represent title 9 or 10. There's almost a sense of despondency and resignation in some of those posts. I think I know what narrative Gerrard will be telling the players.

I’m pointing out if any Tim throws a smaller league or whatever at us next season if we win the league they’ll be voiding their own title “win” this year
Fair play if I've misread it, my point being, league set up changes.
Even points per game differ. the way teams are split if on same points. The number of teams in League, number of games that will be played.

All change, and all differ from league to league.

The least we should expect is to know how many games will be played, have played the same schedule as the teams challenging for the same prize and be able to plan accordingly.

That will all be the case before we, the mentally challengeds or Hamilton Academical take the field at the start of the first respective league game of the season.
So there is no confusion, disparity, unfairness or any reason for an asterisk in my humble opinion.

Repeating this point:

I worry to what extent the 9/10 asterisk tainted chat is unhelpful to us as club moving forward.

Ultimately Celtic having a title - won fairly or not - represents another year that we don't have it. There will be some people who would take solace in a Celtic title win next year by saying, "yeah, but, it's not actually 10, they're actually back to 1 again." It's a weird form of distraction from dealing with the fact that we still haven't won it.

I'd rather the players were fired up next year at the chance of stopping them winning a league than taking as much comfort from some in here about whether next season would represent title 9 or 10. There's almost a sense of despondency and resignation in some of those posts. I think I know what narrative Gerrard will be telling the players.

Spot on mate

Their support are clamouring at every turn to try and tell the world they would have won it anyway. Their media poodles are rolling out one celebrity mentally challenged after another to congratulate them and tell everyone how it’s thoroughly deserved even though the season was cut short.

The fact that they even need to do this tells you everything you need to know.

The 19/20 SPFL season fits the very definition of what an asterisk is used for and that is a pointer to a footnote due to further information on the subject being required. In this case:

* Season incomplete. Title handed to Celtic via a rigged vote.

***Canny edit other post.
My point was....
From memory, during our 9 in a row we played 36 games @ 2 points a win.
We also played 36 games @ 3 points a win.
And we played 44 games @ 3 points for a win.

Everyone knew what they were playing for when the season started! ;)

They haven't even won 8.
The early run of titles were handed to them.
This title eclipses all the little asterisk titles at the start of their tainted sequence.

Yeah, can’t you read?
they were winning it, they were 13 points clear.

they gave all that up to get a title handed to them by a vote
Not in my book, they were top of the league after 30 games, FACT, they were winning %^*& all. Ps. Punctuation?

There will be no asterisk. In a few years, the corruption will be airbrushed away, details will be blurred, and the narrative will be that at a time of national crisis the clubs voted to award runaway leaders Celtic the title, and that Rangers unsportingly tried to prevent it.

We have an asterisk next to our first title, informing everyone that the title was shared , even though the mockits are trying to make out we are hiding the fact.

Henceforth there should be one next to this years " title " , informing future generations that it was not won but awarded.

Back