There will be another TV blackout for the replay against Kilmarnock - Now confirmed

Those saying Rangers TV will have it should think again. Rangers TV weren't allowed to show the Kilmarnock/Rangers game at Rugby Park either a few years back.

Clubs with infinite resources need more money to have squads of 600 and pay guys a trillion pounds a week, and the likes of Rangers and Kilmarnock can go f*ck themselves.

On another note- is there likely to be any radio coverage? I’m night shift next week, so getting to Ibrox is a non starter.

I hope we get loads of dubious decisions before the mainstream press can properly see anything.

Imagine it.

On another note- is there likely to be any radio coverage? I’m night shift next week, so getting to Ibrox is a non starter.
At a push Radio Scotland commentate on Rangers games at Ibrox by watching the TV in Rob MacLean's shed.

If not on the TV there will be no broadcast by the petted lip National Broadcaster.

That doesn’t really make any sense from the broadcasters point of view. They would want it announced as soon as possible to maximise advertising and increase subscriber numbers.
It makes perfect sense, there’s a balance for generating as much cash, most people who want to watch Rangers on TV will have bought Premier Sports by now.

Sky showing two Championship matches live next Tuesday/Wednesday when CL games on.

Because the rule only applies to Top Division games and appears it extends to National Cup

There was a French Ligue 1 game on Wednesday that kicked-off at 6pm to avoid the issue

Next Wednesday PSG are playing at 8pm and appears to be live in the UK as well however looking why that is happening it appears that game was postponed back in December due the Yellow Vest protests in Paris and under the ruling clubs can have exemptions allowed for kick-off and live broadcast

Just got my two tickets together. Front row. GR. Great seats.

I'm genuinely sorry that the ST holders for these seats couldn't make it but I'm just glad that I get to sit with my son for this one. Really looking forward to it. :)

It makes perfect sense, there’s a balance for generating as much cash, most people who want to watch Rangers on TV will have bought Premier Sports by now.

Rangers have done what you say for friendly matches that were available on Rangers TV in the UK, this game was never going to be on Rangers TV UK viewers though. Premier Sports would never have agreed to holding off like that if they were showing it, they are still establishing themselves and would have wanted to push the game for as long as they could to generate more interest/revenue.

Just got my two tickets together. Front row. GR. Great seats.

I'm genuinely sorry that the ST holders for these seats couldn't make it but I'm just glad that I get to sit with my son for this one. Really looking forward to it. :)
You’ve go the ideal seats for a sly video and stream then. FF expects

I'm positive there was an English top flight game last season shown at same time, possibly Arsenal?

I'm positive there was an English top flight game last season shown at same time, possibly Arsenal?

There have been occasions when this has been done. You can ask for dispensation from UEFA or you can just accept the fine.

Crystal Palace v Manchester United was played against CL games after the EPL asked for permission 2 season ago I think

Arsenal had to play at Hull in an FA Cup replay one year with a 7pm kick-off

On the face of it, the two factors that may prevent RTV showing the game live are that the game clashes with a UEFA fixture and that RTV isn’t a rights holder for the Scottish Cup.

Re the former: the last time that there was a clash of this nature, RTV screened Rangers v Dumbarton live at the same time as a Champions League semi-final in 2016, so they have shown a willingness in the past to broadcast despite the UEFA agreement.

Re the latter: in the last round, Aberdeen screened both the original fixture and the subsequent replay live on their own club channel despite neither tie being picked up by Premier/BBC, so there should be no impediment to RTV if they do decide to broadcast.

Buy tickets bears and roar the team on to victory over that moaning bastard Clark and his team of thugs on a beautiful grass pitch.

At a push Radio Scotland commentate on Rangers games at Ibrox by watching the TV in Rob MacLean's shed.

If not on the TV there will be no broadcast by the petted lip National Broadcaster.

They only go to that effort if it was Celtic we were playing, there'll be no radio coverage next wednesday, utter disgrace.

just have to stay up till midnight then watch it, unless they can start playing the game on delayed transmission from 2200 because all the games will be finished by then?

hardest thing will be staying off line so i don't find out the score!

Previously they showed the game on the final whistle. I guess it may be similar this time.

European Professional Football Leagues memorandum of understanding with UEFA which ends on 31st May 2022

While it applies to Top Division games in the past it also covered National Cup games

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...aorg/Leagues/02/55/15/63/2551563_DOWNLOAD.pdf

3.8. Subject to Clause 3.9, to ensure that EPFL Member Leagues abstain from scheduling top division matches on dates which are reserved for UEFA club competition matches, in accordance with the UEFA Match Calendar.

3.9. Without prejudice to the generality of Clause 3.8, EPFL Member Leagues may be allowed to schedule matches on dates reserved for UEFA club competitions when no other date could be found under the following exceptions:

Top division matches, which had to be postponed due to force majeure or to other reasons beyond the reasonable control of the concerned EPFL Member League, may be rescheduled on dates reserved for UEFA club competition matches, upon agreement with UEFA, when it appears that no real alternative exists.

If such matches are not to be broadcast domestically and/or internationally, no restriction applies as to their kick-off time.

If such matches are to be broadcast domestically and/or internationally, they shall be scheduled in such a way that they are terminated at least 15 minutes before the kickoff of the UEFA club competition matches, subject to UEFA’s approval on a case by case basis.

The following non-exhaustive list of circumstances are considered to be “out of the control” of the concerned league:
 Adverse weather conditions;
 Strike and civil unrest;
 Sudden unavailability of a stadium;
 Decision of a competent state authority to move a match;
 Participation of clubs in the FIFA Club World Cup;
 When UEFA itself reschedules matches at dates which are reserved for domestic competitions; and
 If there are no alternative dates available for a club to meet its fixture commitments in order to avoid that a player has to play 2 matches within 72 hours due to the scheduling of a competition sanctioned by FIFA, UEFA and a National Association.

In such cases, the UEFA Administration must be consulted at least 3 days before the decision to reschedule the domestic match in question has to be taken by the concerned EPFL Member League with a view to coming to an agreement on the date and time for such match.

UEFA shall consider requests for kick-off time slots overlapping with UEFA competition matches on a case-by-case basis and undertakes to strive to find a positive solution, depending on all circumstances of each individual case. Specifically, the Western European time zone is a factor to be taken into consideration for the granting of such requests.

Is the Scottish Cup a “top division match”

Not good news for those that cant get to the game but if you can afford it and can travel ok get the ticket bought.

Back