There will be another TV blackout for the replay against Kilmarnock - Now confirmed

To be honest last nights game would get football stopped it was so bad .

I’ll lie on the couch with the Tranny pressed against my ear , it’ll make it more exciting and seem like the 80s again .

First football game I ever took in on my own was doing that when I was 3. Living in Oxfordshire there wasn’t anywhere to go see games live really

I’d expect it to be on RTV at the very least

Hopefully it is. It wasn’t the last time though in similar circumstances, hopefully Premier have it again as somebody suggested. If they have it RTV should have it.

BelatedWhiteChital-max-1mb.gif
oh8cbt.jpg

:))

European Professional Football Leagues memorandum of understanding with UEFA which ends on 31st May 2022

While it applies to Top Division games in the past it also covered National Cup games

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...aorg/Leagues/02/55/15/63/2551563_DOWNLOAD.pdf

3.8. Subject to Clause 3.9, to ensure that EPFL Member Leagues abstain from scheduling top division matches on dates which are reserved for UEFA club competition matches, in accordance with the UEFA Match Calendar.

3.9. Without prejudice to the generality of Clause 3.8, EPFL Member Leagues may be allowed to schedule matches on dates reserved for UEFA club competitions when no other date could be found under the following exceptions:

Top division matches, which had to be postponed due to force majeure or to other reasons beyond the reasonable control of the concerned EPFL Member League, may be rescheduled on dates reserved for UEFA club competition matches, upon agreement with UEFA, when it appears that no real alternative exists.

If such matches are not to be broadcast domestically and/or internationally, no restriction applies as to their kick-off time.

If such matches are to be broadcast domestically and/or internationally, they shall be scheduled in such a way that they are terminated at least 15 minutes before the kickoff of the UEFA club competition matches, subject to UEFA’s approval on a case by case basis.

The following non-exhaustive list of circumstances are considered to be “out of the control” of the concerned league:
 Adverse weather conditions;
 Strike and civil unrest;
 Sudden unavailability of a stadium;
 Decision of a competent state authority to move a match;
 Participation of clubs in the FIFA Club World Cup;
 When UEFA itself reschedules matches at dates which are reserved for domestic competitions; and
 If there are no alternative dates available for a club to meet its fixture commitments in order to avoid that a player has to play 2 matches within 72 hours due to the scheduling of a competition sanctioned by FIFA, UEFA and a National Association.

In such cases, the UEFA Administration must be consulted at least 3 days before the decision to reschedule the domestic match in question has to be taken by the concerned EPFL Member League with a view to coming to an agreement on the date and time for such match.

UEFA shall consider requests for kick-off time slots overlapping with UEFA competition matches on a case-by-case basis and undertakes to strive to find a positive solution, depending on all circumstances of each individual case. Specifically, the Western European time zone is a factor to be taken into consideration for the granting of such requests.

I’ll lie on the couch with the Tranny pressed against my ear , it’ll make it more exciting and seem like the 80s again .
I admire your optimism that BBC Scotland will send someone to commentate on the game.

It will be a much better game as this time it's being played on a REAL football pitch.

W.A.T.P.

Hard to be a sell out when so many season ticket holders have to travel and on a work day. Secondary ticketing for me as impossible to get there on time
Same here. Travelling up from south of the border makes midweek games an impossibility without taking time off work.

TV viewing figures for this years Scottish Cup must be at a masive low.

Tucked away on a minor sports channel, the Scottish game is f.ucking itself up even more.

Farcical - and lessens the attractiveness of the competition.

Reactions: TQ3
Ah the good old days watching the game live on Ceefax
And not getting the final score up on the page as a result until about 9pm on a Saturday or 2am on the midweek games!!
As I live in deepest Devon, they didn’t give Scottish results on the news midweek unless it was big match, so until it was confirmed on there, I couldn’t be sure!!!:eek:

TV viewing figures for this years Scottish Cup must be at a masive low.

Tucked away on a minor sports channel, the Scottish game is f.ucking itself up even more.

Farcical - and lessens the attractiveness of the competition.

Tonight Pacific Quay CSC has 2 championship teams following on from their shambolic covering of the Sheep v Doonhammers game.

I just hope I can get Only Connect and University Challenge somewhere else!!

Tonight Pacific Quay CSC has 2 championship teams following on from their shambolic covering of the Sheep v Doonhammers game.

I just hope I can get Only Connect and University Challenge somewhere else!!
BBC Scotland and Premier Sports just lessens the coverage/profile of the competition IMO. De-values it. Embarrassing. Backward step - but in-line with most things in Scottish football i suppose :(

Our game on Saturday, the picture either lost completely or distorted on at least 4 times in the second half.

Yesterday, the BBC lost their main camera and covered the game for a spell from a low down angle behind the goal. Farcical beyond belief.

Our game on Saturday, the picture either lost completely or distorted on at least 4 times in the second half.

Yesterday, the BBC lost their main camera and covered the game for a spell from a low down angle behind the goal. Farcical beyond belief.
Amateur set up.

I had no problems with the picture on our game on Sat (unfortunately)

And that struggled to be a sell out.rsc’s got any amount they asked for,tickets were still on sale the day before the game

Nearly 50 quid a ticket didn't help in shifting the tickets quicker

No problem for me on Saturday.

Did wonder what the fùck happened with the sheep game yesterday. Embarrassing

Some pubs aren't prepared to pay the £500 for 6 months Premier want, which is strange given Premier have just taken on some of the rights from Eleven Sports too

They are Setanta
Setanta never went away they had two channels over here and they were bought over by eir and the two channels are eir sports 1&2.i have them as part of my tv package they and BT Sport are included in the price.they show the Scottish cup matches on eir sport

Setanta GB went bust which was set-up by Setanta when they started securing UK right like the SPL and later the EPL

They went bust due failing to pay the money owed to the EPL

Setanta itself survived and now called Eir Sport

Premier Sport was set up in the UK to replace Setanta GB was owned by whose running Setanta

Last edited:
RTV and a very short trip abroad if I can't make a game. I've got the world wide package at £17 a month. Well worth it if you don't go to away matches.

RTV and a very short trip abroad if I can't make a game. I've got the world wide package at £17 a month. Well worth it if you don't go to away matches.

It hasn’t been announced yet. Hopefully it will be on, but as stated in the OP, it wasn’t on anywhere last time the game clashed with CL matches.

Given it is now Thursday I don't seen it been live unless they are waiting to confirm along with the QF dates?

About time they decided. Have to order the private jet to fly out the country and would like to know sooner rather than later.

They’ll make an announcement after a few more days of public sale. Sales will slump if they were to announce early.

They’ll make an announcement after a few more days of public sale. Sales will slump if they were to announce early.

That doesn’t really make any sense from the broadcasters point of view. They would want it announced as soon as possible to maximise advertising and increase subscriber numbers.

That doesn’t really make any sense from the broadcasters point of view. They would want it announced as soon as possible to maximise advertising and increase subscriber numbers.

yeah if Premier Sports wanted to show it it would have been announced by now

Back