There's only 1 Kenny Miller

After another Crazy week in our recent History let's just enjoy this eh? Pedro might or might not have had a dispute with Kenny but he's gone he's back and that's a discussion for another day. Not bad performance Superb Following as always and three points. Keep the Faith Fellow Bears. Keep the Faith.

This thread, sadly, is in danger of being closed. Please keep it to his performance today and keep it civil. This is your last warning.

The only thing bothering me about Miller was the fact that he has been toilet most of the season .

I don't know enough about what happened behind the scenes to judge that either way.

He played well today, so hat's off to him .

If he really wants to convince people he is not yet past it , he needs performances like today on a more regular basis.

My thoughts on Kenny are well known, however today he stepped up to the plate and did his job. We will have to see if he can keep the form up, as even before he was dropped he was quite simply honking.

Well done today Kenny, you put a smile back on my face after a turgid week.

What the Doc says sums up my feelings too.

He was excellent. In two minds over him. If he's undermined the manager is that something that should be overlooked?

He played a lot under Pedro at the start of the season and was poor. Had he downed tools?
That's exactly my view on him. I'm happy whoever scores goals for us and we win. Just not sitting well with me how his level of performance dropped under Pedro and if it was commitment then it's the fans that were singing his name today that he cheated.

wont be long before he is tripping over the ball again and folk are screaming for him to be hooked as they have been doing all this season..or have folk forgot he has been shit all season!

We get it, you didn't want Miller to play for us again, you didn't want Pedro gone and there's a wee bit of that's probably triggered that Miller played so well and that a squad that couldn't kick it's own backside on Wednesday and was even more depleted today won so convincingly today.

Maybe you can campaign for the 1st goal from him to be given as an OG !

Many of us accept Millers best is behind him and that he shouldn't start games, don't worry though, next time he falls over the ball you can tell us you told us so.

There’s no denying he was good today from the bits I seen in work, but that was overdue. Today’s performance doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s been awful up to now so far this year but hopefully that’s behind him.

Whatever else, for the first time this season , someone did their talking on the pitch. Let’s hope that’s what continues. I hope we never hear another thing about the dressing room or what were going to do. Like today, let’s just do it.

Delighted for Miller
Showed he has still something left in the tank.
His goals were well taken however his pass for the 3rd goal was simply superb.

Well done Kenny

My post was tongue & cheek to the original question mate

Do I think he will get it - yes

Have I been told he’ll get it - yes & looking to move very quickly on it

However as I posted earlier that means very little, could just be an easy link & 2+2=5

Merely fishing for info :D

I also think he'll get it, not what I would call my ideal candidate, dare I say it like our equivalent to them appointing Burns, a solid appointment that will steady the ship, bring us on and put in the building blocks for a top level operator.

Quite simply he was a game winner today. 2 goals and a great ball for windass.

Don't agree with the way he never backed Pedro from the beginning but his response today was emphatic.
He clearly saw through Pedro for the imposter he was.

Ive been his biggest critic recently, but im so happy for him and the team. Well played Kenny, and you deserved our rendition of ONE KENNY MILLER.

Have been one of Millers biggest critic's over the past couple of months, but fair play, I thought he was great today and even voted him man of the match.

Still doesn't excuse him for his shoddy attitude this season until today not to mention his prick of an agent.

Took his goals very well today and overall good performance but needs to do it on a consistent basis.
Dry yer eyes, he was seeing first hand what the majority of us were seeing from the stands, the last fella should never have been in the managers office at Ibrox and if millers conduct has quickened his departure then hats off. Longer term we will be much better off

Tremendous backing from the fans

United behind the captain !
Very quiet in here today wonder why, Can imagine all the Miller detractors and haters were just itching for Miller to have a poor game, This is the reason why you should never write Miller off, It always comes back to bite you on the arse cheeks.

Well done Kenny son.

I am out people can believe what they want.

Kenny hasn't been playing to his full ability and cheating the fans either that or today was a one off .
People just really can't help themselves, Number 149 and number 150, Won us the match and that's all that matters... Suck it up.

He's a Rangers player, Maybe try and get behind him like most Rangers fans do with the players.

My thoughts on Kenny are well known, however today he stepped up to the plate and did his job. We will have to see if he can keep the form up, as even before he was dropped he was quite simply honking.

Well done today Kenny, you put a smile back on my face after a turgid week.

I concur, squad player/coach at best nowadays but he did the biz today.

I heard stories that the training was not up to scratch The players not as fit as they should have been under Pedro

Certainly that would explain Pena's fitness problems.

It just saddens me that infighting behind the scenes has probably cost us a good few points this season.

People just really can't help themselves, Number 149 and number 150, Won us the match and that's all that matters... Suck it up.

He's a Rangers player, Maybe try and get behind him like most Rangers fans do with the players.

I am happy we won the match and happy he scored,

I am also happy we are looking for a new manager as the previous one wasn't cutting it .

Can't just all of a sudden make out nothing happened though and going forward hopefully he leaves the club.

wont be long before he is tripping over the ball again and folk are screaming for him to be hooked as they have been doing all this season..or have folk forgot he has been shit all season!

No mate, most of us haven't, just a few attention seekers today have. Let's give credit where it is due, Kenny played well today and made a huge contribution as he has done for most of his three Rangers careers...however, that is the first time in about 6 months I could say that.

Dry yer eyes, he was seeing first hand what the majority of us were seeing from the stands, the last fella should never have been in the managers office at Ibrox and if millers conduct has quickened his departure then hats off. Longer term we will be much better off
I'd agree that Pedro appointment was very wrong but his case wasn't helped by some of the players. It seems to be le guen all over again

Tremendous from Miller and an inspiration to all. A leader and the best professional we have.

I'd agree that Pedro appointment was very wrong but his case wasn't helped by some of the players. It seems to be le guen all over again

I know but sometimes you can just see when something’s not going to work, miller was at a stage in his steer where he had nothing to lose....personally think it has helped us longer term

I’ve never doubted Kenny as being capable of scoring important goals but his form earlier in the season was poor and he unbalanced the team.

He shouldn’t have been captain today, for his agent’s outburst alone.

Everything is being neatly brushed under the carpet now - Pedro was a maniac etc

Bad taste left in the mouth no matter what happens on the park. We’re supposed have some bloody standards.

It's amazing how the media are now re writing the narrative of Kenny Miller's season.

Miller is a guy who had scored twice since June. Once against a team from Luxembourg, the other against a lower league team. In between and after those we had countless sitters, appalling performances, moves breaking down because of his touch and huffs as he was subbed.

Did we miss him during those games he didn't play ? We scored 3 at Thistle, 4 at Hamilton, 3 at St Johnstone without him.

We've now got a media member performing his best Chris Sutton act on Twitter telling us Miller's a great guy, us fans have to eat humble pie and our manager was a clown. Watching Sky's coverage today, you'd be forgiven for thinking Kenny was playing out of his skin before his demotion.

He was excellent. In two minds over him. If he's undermined the manager is that something that should be overlooked?

He played a lot under Pedro at the start of the season and was poor. Had he downed tools?

I don't think he downed tools it was just a loss of form for whatever reason then came the wrongful rumours about him being the mole! Took me awhile to accept Kenny after he went to them but he is and has been a great role model and total professional, his reaction today was nothing short of letting all know he loves our club and is not finished yet! Good on him, well done Kenny Miller good to see you back.

Havent been kennys biggest fan this season but by god thats how you make a comeback after being chucked from the team...

He made the decision not to try while Pedro was here...He doesn't just turn up one day and suddenly 2 goals.

His job is to play to his ability and help the team win.

Not pick and choose who the f**k he plays good for. that's not his job.

I hate my boss but still do my job as that's what I'm paid for. I don't pick and choose who is above me.

He needs to leave.

I'm sorry Mondraker I am one of those who has defended Pedro thought he should have been given the full season I am also a fan of Kenny Miller and do not believe for one minute that he would ever down tools. Back of last season, he became the dangerman for us and this would have given opposition notice to try and cancel that threat this season and believe closer marking and a loss of form contributed to Kenny being dropped, this is of course my own opinion!

Any player and any manager will have my backing once we take the field that second half today was easily our best game off the season

Kenny was brilliant today and helped as part of the team.

If he keeps turning in those kind of performances he will do well and can get in the new managers plans.

Will say though that because he and the old manager fell out it created a toxic dressing room and his antics cup semi final week with his agent etc really upset the applecart and was selfish and only in the best interest of Kenny Miller not the club.

Hopfully he and the new manager see eye to eye or we could be back here in a few months.

It's amazing how the media are now re writing the narrative of Kenny Miller's season.

Miller is a guy who had scored twice since June. Once against a team from Luxembourg, the other against a lower league team. In between and after those we had countless sitters, appalling performances, moves breaking down because of his touch and huffs as he was subbed.

Did we miss him during those games he didn't play ? We scored 3 at Thistle, 4 at Hamilton, 3 at St Johnstone without him.

We've now got a media member performing his best Chris Sutton act on Twitter telling us Miller's a great guy, us fans have to eat humble pie and our manager was a clown. Watching Sky's coverage today, you'd be forgiven for thinking Kenny was playing out of his skin before his demotion.

I tried to make the point on the match thread that this is how it's went for Pena, but he has scored alot more this season. A couple of posters had a pop but the point was it was all a mindnumbing loop for many of our players.

Kenny has a fine history with us but he's nearing the end and I don't want to rely on him anymore but the way so many on here have Pena dead aand buried is akin to the way most on here were livid at the press regards Pedro...

Well done today for Kenny but I don't think he can sustain it. The two goals for Kenny was only compounded with the goal for Windass who is a man down too often. I hope Kenny can have a fairytale last season with us but we'll have to move on eventually and find as good a player as we can to partner Morelos. If Pena or Herrera can do that all the better...the ARE Rangers players and I'd hope they can have this season to learn to adapt.

Back