These short goal kicks

That's a few games now we've been doing this, doesn't seem to matter that the opposition players are pressing and we still do it, looks like suicide to me and it's only a matter of time before it costs us.
Absolutely despise this play! Get it tae F#€£!

Well mate, our goals against stats speak for themselves so I’m not gonna argue it any more. But if it costs a goal you can put money on the roof coming down in here.
It will eventually cost us a goal. It will not however cost us as many as booting it up the park and conceeding possession.

It will also create us a lot more chances than booting it up the park and therefore scoring goals like Galatasaray.

These sorts of things are done because they're statistically more effective and footballer managers and footballers aren't scaredy shitebags the ways some fans are.

We've been doing it all season.

We're unbeaten in 17 games, and have 14 clean sheets.

Surely we should be embracing any tactic which draws a diddy team out of their own half

90% (an estimate) of our games it isn't drawing anyone anywhere, in the diddy SPL they are all still entrenched in their own half, so let's not hang the reason for the clean sheets on short goal kicks.
:)

Definitely worth the risk, worst case scenario is Connor lumps it up the park.

Draws out the teams who park the bus to give us a bit more space

It will eventually cost us a goal. It will not however cost us as many as booting it up the park and conceeding possession.

It will also create us a lot more chances than booting it up the park and therefore scoring goals like Galatasaray.

These sorts of things are done because they're statistically more effective and footballer managers and footballers aren't scaredy shitebags the ways some fans are.
Who are you calling a scaredy shitebag Jimmy? :mad::)

The roof will still come down if we concede one. :D

It's common sense really, keep the ball or risk giving it away. If you're a decent footballer you should always be wanting to keep it.

It's a reasonable tactic as it creates space up the park, but we need to know when to clear it and shagger isn't best equipped to play that way.

That being said, we've conceded 4 goals in 17 games and none have came from playing out from the back, so it's really not an issue at the moment

Yeah but always ends up with McGregor launching it out to touch halfway up the park.

Play it out the other team don’t have the ball.
Punt it up the park the other team can win the ball.
From that very first pass, yes. The other side of that particular coin being you can turn over possession in their half or the edge of our box, which situation is more dangerous then?

Both strategies have pros and cons. As other posters have mentioned there are times to go short and times to get the ball up the park. It’s about trying to find the balance.

That goal is the perfect example.

Pass 1 - McGregor to Goldson encourages Babel to press forward, moving him out the way.
Pass 2 - through the forward line to Tav who takes Babel out the game.
Pass 3 - through the midfield line who have had to follow Babel's cue to press and are now out of shape.
Pass 4 - takes advantage of the space created by moving the midfield whilst also encouraging their midfield to press Hagi which opens the space for Kamara.
Pass 5 - Hagi to Kamara who now jumps into the acres of space created by moving Babel and the midfield out shape and off we go...
Wait, I keep hearing how McLaughlin should start because he sprays it around like Xavi. Yet McGregor passed it out for the team goal of the season. How many goals have resulted from JM passing out from the back?

(Sorry, not sorry to derail the thread).

That's a few games now we've been doing this, doesn't seem to matter that the opposition players are pressing and we still do it, looks like suicide to me and it's only a matter of time before it costs us.
Or confidence?

You're saying that people who are disagreeing with you don't know the game as well as you do or clearly "never played".

And yet our manager, who played at as high a level as it gets, disagrees with you.

Perfectly put.

I actually don't believe it is a generation thing.

I know plenty of older Bears who are happy with our patient build up from the back.

Anyone with the slightest basic football knowledge knows it's the right way for us to play, especially as we're very good at it.

One of the best sights in football is a player in their own box/corner getting pressed who then pops it off to a midfielder gets it back and plays their Way out of trouble.

Long may it continue. Just booting it up the park makes us no better than the likes of aberdeen or killie. %^*& watching that type of football each week

Playin from the back from the keeper pulls players from the other team out of position if they want to get the ball. If they don't and sit back then we have possession of the ball to move up the park. If you get your keeper to punt it up the park then possession could be lost and opposition team is right on the attack. Although a little mixing it up would be better. The short pass out from the back has risk of losing it there in a dangerous position.

I think we will concede just as many goals directly attributed to short distribution than hoofing it.

I feel the lack of a crowd at Ibrox is directly proportionate to how our style of football has improved.

The "tenseness" in the air at Ibrox when we pass it about and the audible groans when we return the ball to the back four to start again is embarrassing. Its a uniquely British phenomenon and I genuinely think it holds back our style of play.

Back