They are actually praying Gerrard leaves

The board were loyal to him and he will see out his contract. There's a reason his and Klopps contracts end at the same time I feel. Enjoy him while he's ours :)

Only one club in the world would tempt SG away. Even then, i think he’d be very reluctant to ever break his contract with us. He is man of honour.

Steven Gerrard is turning out to be an inspired appointment.
Make no mistake Lawwell and the rest of them feared this would be the case and now they know it.
There was just no comparison between our manager and the recently sacked Lennon.
From football speak to general conduct,mumbling Lennon was never in the same league as Steven Gerrard.

The rookie manager they were all having a good laugh about when we appointed him has raised our profile in Europe beyond most of our wildest dreams and his standing in the game has been a huge factor in attracting a certain quality of player.

Would love our manager to build on what he has here but if/when he delivers 55 he has my best wishes on whatever he decides to do.

Here is a belter, Liverpool fan I am pally with genuinely believes Gerrard would "Jump at the chance to be Klopps number two next season
If he had been offered the number two before becoming a manager in his own right, he may have taken that on: if there was an understanding he would step up when Klopp moved on. A bit like Smith and McCoist. Now he has had the taste of management that would not be happening. Anyway, I am pretty sure that he will be at Ibrox for some time yet. As others have said, he isnt likely to move to a Crystal Palace or Aston Villa.

Anytime you hear supporters of other clubs claiming someone is going to leave with no real evidence for it. It is there way of saying 'he's doing a good job & i can't wait for the day he leaves' - that's it. Take it as a compliment & enjoy it.

I'd be stunned if Gerrard left this summer. I would imagine he will be itching to take on the Champions League & also want Ibrox full again.
If Klopp was to leave Liverpool he would obviously be drawn to it, but it would a bit like a Souness situation where if he was to leave he may feel as if he had unfinished business. On the other hand it's his boyhood team and he won't know when the opportunity may come up, if at all, again.

And when he does go he'll go with our blessings, respect, and best wishes, leaving us in a better place, much like when Brendan left Celtc!

If he gets us into the Champions League next season and they don't make it, the blueprint will be complete.
He will have hauled us above them on the field and the off-field financials will see us overtake them as well.
It took a good, brave and wise Board to put Steven Gerrard in place but it is Steven Gerrard who had to work the magic.

Let’s be honest even the most deluded know that the tide has turned SG and the Rangers board have carefully executed there plan to get us back to wear we belong and this is only the start of the journey.
This is just the completion of phase 1 of the journey and I sincerely hope that Gerrard stays to take us right to the top.

W.A.T.P

I think he'll stay for next season unless a top tier European club comes in for him and his staff.

Season 22/23 will see him leave to Liverpool I think if his plan works as he hopes.

He is an elite individual, don't be sad when he leaves, be happy that he graced our Club.

I think Gerrard is the type of guy who will want to achieve everything that's on offer here before moving on. Our 55th league title is the first & most important part of that, but I have no doubt he wants to put right a few wrongs we've had with the domestic cup competitions since he's been here too. A few league titles plus the Scottish & League cups to his name in front of packed crowds when we're allowed back is exactly what the gaffer will be craving after he gets his first taste of success here I imagine.

Then there's European football. Unless Liverpool come in for him at the end of the season, I really don't see any way that he decides to pass up on his first chance at Champions league football as a manager with this Rangers team that he and his coaching staff have virtually built from the ground up over the last 3 years. He'll want to test himself against the very best in Europe with this team.

I don't know how much longer Gerrard will be here. If I'm being realistic 2-3 more years sounds about right for a guy like Gerrard to achieve what he wants to achieve here before moving on. You can't really put a time on these things, but I would be delighted if we managed to get this out of the gaffer before he inevitably leaves us.

One comment he made the other day that did catch my eye however was the line "maybe in a few years down the line we'll be in a position to compete for European trophies". Don't know if this is just me, but Steven Gerrard winning a European trophy with Rangers after everything we've been through would be the ultimate success anyone has ever achieved at this club in my eyes. It seems like the type of thing that would only happen in a fantasy. If he really does have his eye on achieving that here then it is incredibly exciting, and maybe, just maybe, I am underselling how long Steven Gerrard plans to stick around.

They should worry more about who will be running the shop at the sty next year.

I saw a supposed short list in the news ranging from Kennedy to Rafa. The only two that could make an improvement IMO were Benitez or Martinez both of whom can have their pick of any job and would command a mega bucks salary. So I count them out even before the wedge they'd want in a transfer kitty.

Others like Clarke, Howe, Lampard, Kennedy, Brown wouldn't keep me awake at night.

and if he doesn’t they will claim he has no ambition. It’s an old line they’ve used for years, best to ignore them.
Bit like brown then, whose been there for ever and a day. Lack of ambition coupled with fear that his game would not be tolerated in any other half decent league.

On one of the tim forums they actually said Gerrard will be off as soon as an English Championship team comes in for him.

I dunno if they really believe that or if they're just saying it to comfort themselves though.

Next year is vital! It gives Wilson another year to ensure any Gerrard departure causes as minimal disruption as possible before Lampard steps in in 2023!

Only one club in the world would tempt SG away. Even then, i think he’d be very reluctant to ever break his contract with us. He is man of honour.
What do you mean 'even then'? Let's not pretend that Gerrard won't be off if Liverpool come calling before his contract ends...

His stock is high at the moment for what he’s done with Rangers. People are watching the Europa League run with interest. There’s no benefit career wise in moving now, as a young manager. If he has a good run in Champions League, he will be very marketable indeed. I think we will have him for at least 2 more seasons, until the combined effect of a big English club becoming available and being worn down by the nastiness of Scottish football finally results in a move.

Back