Club Statement - notice of complaint has been raised against Steven Gerrard, for comments relating to the challenge which caused injury to Morelos

And people want Gerrard to shout about referees! This is what would happen if he came out after the hibs game and said the ref cost us the points!
They hate us, they don’t try to hide it and any reason/excuse/whim will be used to try and put us down.

Maybe it’s time we took a similar approach to Alex Ferguson with the BBC

I’m sure we have contractual obligations to send someone to press conferences/SKY or BT pre/post match interviews but we should look at sending out a member of the backroom staff

Have Gerrard do all the Rangers TV stuff and have a youth coach or something do the SKY/BT interviews.

They are trying to drive him out like they have Alfredo.
They are scared that he will resurrect the club fully and are doing everything they can to get him to leave Scottish football.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is an orchestrated effort.
Let’s hope that Stevie G’s renowned fighting spirit comes through.
However, that is a real risk he will leave us at the end of the season even if he wins the league.

I’m sure we have contractual obligations to send someone to press conferences/SKY or BT pre/post match interviews but we should look at sending out a member of the backroom staff

Have Gerrard do all the Rangers TV stuff and have a youth coach or something do the SKY/BT interviews.
The interview was from RTV.

think the sky contract will specify it’s the manager. Alex Ferguson could blank the bbc because they didn’t have the tv rights and was under no obligation to speak to them . He would have been to sky under the epl tv deal

The joke of a charge against the manager is very similar to the way that Alfredo has been treated in Scotland.
They are scared that he will resurrect the club fully and are doing everything they can to get him to leave Scottish football.
However, there is a real risk he will leave us at the end of the season even if he wins the league.
No wonder he looked ‘tense’ at the weekend if he knew that this was on the way.

They are doing their best to sicken Gerrard to ultimately drive him out of Scottish Football (one of the biggest names in world football, and probably the biggest name that will ever operate in the game here) and sicken us (the biggest support that pours millions into the game, home and away and has already walked away from the national team, costing the game a fortune in lost revenue).

It really is staggering...

ps our statement is really quite poor - badly written & looks as if it has been rushed out

Sometime in everyone's life you have got to stand up to the bully, our club does not,once you are cited they pronounce you guilty this is one to win Rangets.

Games an absolute bogey this is a clearly a vindictive attempt to get Gerrard a touch line ban and to prevent further questioning of the competence of the cheating refs essentially trying to bully us into silence as per.
I wonder if popcorn teeth when he says something similar will be called up for it? frankly the whole notice of complaint is farcical and seems to me that by not giving a retrospective ban to the Edwards challenge they can justify this sh*te honestly fed up of this circus of league now, it’s a laughing stock.

The interview was from RTV.

I know that but the SPFL is reliant on the TV deal. It’s the SPFL that have cited him so it’s a possible avenue to get back at them - let’s be honest, Gerrard’s the most high profile person in Scottish football so it helps the SPFL to have him do pre/post match interviews

Scottish football is the only place in the world where a throw away comment on a teams own TV station is more serious than punching a hole in an opponents leg whilst trying to break it.

Truly depressing that we are at this point.

Any Manager, never mind Gerrard, should be angry that such a shocker of a challenge by Edwards went unpunished. The photo alone below shows just how bad the tackle was.

I know that but the SPFL is reliant on the TV deal. It’s the SPFL that have cited him so it’s a possible avenue to get back at them - let’s be honest, Gerrard’s the most high profile person in Scottish football so it helps the SPFL to have him do pre/post match interviews
It was the SFA who cited him not the SPFL.

I've said it before, this all part of the fat Japanese's master plan to piss SG off so he goes back down south. Who can blame him if he does. They will put every obstacle they can in his way to stop us winning a trophy. Doncaster will do what he's told and the SFA beaks will continue to brown nose to the filth's agenda. This whole scenario is criminal and should be exposed for what it is. SG is head and shoulders above any manager in this Mickey Mouse league and they are shit scared of him.

We got to go to war with these fuckers!

Nothing regarding all the dangerous challenges in ours and others games, yet they can dream up this shite!

There was a manager last season post match said "But Rangers get those decisions, we dont" - can anyone remember who it was?

Lennon has come out and criticised the refs on numerous occasions and Im not certain he cited on every single occasion.

Rangers defence here will surely be to point to other managers and their comments and how precedent was set when they were not charged.

The corruption and agenda continues against our club. Can it get any clearly for the club to start fighting back?

Gerrards words were a subtle dig at the mentally challenged cheat Clancy. We all know the answer as to what would have happened. Given this will be another kangaroo court, Gerrard should simply come out and call Clancy out for the cheat he is. Get it out there on every media outlet throughout the UK.
OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS.

I back Gerrard 100% and think its a scandal.In saying that, is there an unwritten law here in Scotland whereby managers do not comment,even to the slight extent that he has done.Having said that, is there any precedent that the club could quote where similar comments have been ignored by the CO

This is really a disgraceful charge. He said absolutely nothing controversial thta should even have been queried.
What kind of country do we live in where leaving a hole above the knee of a player is deemed fine but questioning the decision is chargeable.
FWIW I think he will be found guilty and will get a touchline ban.
Also this looks like a "Look, there's a squirrel" charge to me

The joke of a charge against the manager is very similar to the way that Alfredo has been treated in Scotland.
However, there is a real risk he will leave us at the end of the season even if he wins the league.
No wonder he looked ‘tense’ at the weekend if he knew that this was on the way.
Somebody who hasn't won a trophy and they want to drive him out?

They are corrupt but this is not their aim. It's to give Celtic any possible advantage by not having him in the dugout.

Absolutely staggering.

Player produces a career threatening tackle that ends Morelos’s match and actually draws blood on his leg yet doesn’t receive so much as a warning from the referee.

The manager then reacts with an understandable question about this incident and is absolutely hammered for his temerity.

Two things here:

1) the club needs to seriously examine legal options in tackling this brazen corruption

2) maybe some of the wallopers on here demanding we fly into the authorities after every and any dubious onfield decision will think twice now.

What a feckin joke!!

He was dignified and restrained with his comment when asked - a lot more restrained than most of us on here wanted him to be.

Then we get hit with this farce.

Its time that we call them out for what they are: a corrupt organisation, with an agenda against our club, our management, and our players.

Time for our club to go to war with these b@$tards!!
And I mean war -- not the usual weak spineless half-hearted statement that comes from Stewart Robertson.
I share the anger about how our club is treated on & off the pitch.
But explain 'go to war'.
What would that entail exactly?

I back Gerrard 100% and think its a scandal.In saying that, is there an unwritten law here in Scotland whereby managers do not comment,even to the slight extent that he has done.Having said that, is there any precedent that the club could quote where similar comments have been ignored by the CO

Exactly and Boyd was allowed to make comments on Celtictv and nothing happened despite a big announcement they were looking at it.

We should be outside their hq on mass but they probably turn that against us under current circumstances

I think its already been alluded to but if this the world outside football it looks like a master stroke by Rangers.

When you are accused of making a damaging statement you are surely obliged to provide clear evidence to support the statement. Providing clear evidence relates to ref performances and decisions that a probability model would show as absolute bias with the chance of these errors and differences of decision occurring randomly being astronomically slim.

To be clear:

A physical act where a player has a literal hole in their leg - no card. A compliance officer does not give it a retrospective red.

Retrospective action for words.

I'm absolutely sick of this. They have proven for seasons now that they take silence for weakness, not class. The more we ignore, the more they take.

The bizarre attitude of managers and board to not comment, in spite of the glaring issues, from results to injuries its caused us for seasons now is unacceptable. The plan is try to be so good that the refs can't influence things, when in real life you have off days, you have turgid performances against stubborn opposition and you need the game to be reffed fairly in order to come away with the win.

Back