Club Statement - notice of complaint has been raised against Steven Gerrard, for comments relating to the challenge which caused injury to Morelos

Maybe will make Gerrard and the board realise what they're actually dealing with. I won't hold my breath.

Gerrard has the platform to make a mockery of the SFA. This is where all the 'building bridges' pish has got the club.

Another poster pointed it out but looks like a blatant attempt by the authorities to hound SG out of Scotland.

Petty to say the least never mind the fact it's wildly inaccurate.

Even our own fans were urging the gaffer to call out the blatant double standards in refs in charge of our game. He kept his own council and was very measured in interviews after the game. This moronic and blinkered response by our so called "governing body" is nothing but a joke and yet more confirmation of the agenda against our club and all of their representatives.

Tom boyd over a year ago said on celtic tv that john beaton had made a pre-meditated decision not to award celtic a penalty, then continued his abuse of him for a few minutes, before summing his rant up by saying that he "hopes [celtic] are able to go on to beat the not 10, not 11, but 12 men they were clearly up against that day."

Now what was the outcome of this situation? The sfa made some noise but ultimately accepted that celtic conduct their own investigation into the matter, in which they never came to any apparent conclusions, before having boyd back on as a regular a few months later, the sfa doing nothing about it.

If we accept this in any way then I will be embarrassed for the club. How long do we continue to stay silent and accept such obviously unfair and one-sided application of the rules?

I'm sure there's plenty managers that have said pint blank that us and the poets get all the decisions yet no charges are drawn for them

As disgusting as this is, it's a good place to document all of these instances and use it in our defence. Although Gerrard said X here's 100 times that other managers have made similar comments and haven't been cited. This is clear evidence of a bias and disproportionate citing of Rangers.

There are countless instances of other managers making comments and not being charged.

If the club are serious about being professional On and off the pitch then they would have this stuff all to hand and very quickly be able to collate a video evidence piece and give it to sky sports to run all day.

Oh here we go, sorry but the 'robustly challenge' patter doesn't really wash with me after the board crumbled and voted to end the season and in doing so allowing the vermin to be gifted a league title despite all the 'status quo can't continue' etc in their numerous statements

Wednesday 23 September 2020

Alleged Party in Breach: Steven Gerrard, Manager, Rangers FC

Date: Saturday 12 September 2020

Competition: SPFL Premiership

Match: Rangers FC v Dundee United FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 72
No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA, shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or micro-blogging site, or in any other manner calculated or likely to lead to publicity (i) criticise the Decision(s) and/or performance(s) of any or all match official(s) in such a way as to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official; or (ii) make remarks about such match official(s) which impinge on his character. For the avoidance of doubt this Rule applies (i) whether reported to the Scottish FA by a match official for Misconduct or otherwise, and (ii) where remarks are brought to the Scottish FA’s attention, or of which the Scottish FA becomes aware, by whatever manner or means. There shall be a presumption that any material published in such manner was published in the name of and/or with the authority of the person or body bearing to have published the material.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 8 October 2020
Bit like Hitler's Germany or Stalin's Russia.

Are we talking about the tackle that caused an injury requiring stitches?

Or have I picked that up wrong? I mean, the Scottish FA always act in the best interests of the game!
I would bring up that the SFA are failing in their duty to protect the health and safety of professional players, also the players should get union involved.

It’s all symptomatic of having a weak board. They are emboldened by our lack of fight and feel like they can , and very often do, ride roughshod over us whenever possible with nothing in response but mealy mouthed statements that ultimately equate to %^*& all. It’s our own fault.

Absolutely staggering.

Player produces a career threatening tackle that ends Morelos’s match and actually draws blood on his leg yet doesn’t receive so much as a warning from the referee.

The manager then reacts with an understandable question about this incident and is absolutely hammered for his temerity.

Two things here:

1) the club needs to seriously examine legal options in tackling this brazen corruption

2) maybe some of the wallopers on here demanding we fly into the authorities after every and any dubious onfield decision will think twice now.
I've said it before, it is time Rangers used the services of a 3rd party to get the message across just as TBFTE used the lawyer McBride.
Interviews with McBride were well known to be the thoughts of Liewell and because McBride was not employed by that club that club could not be charged.

I believe any decent lawyer/QC will first of all look for what and what hasn't gone through before.Opponents will cry whataboutery, but in legal fields, precedent carries a lot of weight.If he can show that the same or similar has happened previously and has not invoked the wrath of the CO then for my money he's on a winner.Its a pity it costs a large wedge to get a decent defence, but in these circumstances it will be well worth it to defend Gerrard and highlight the mendacious nature of the CO.

That'll be him banned for the piggery touchline.
The Club need to take this through the courts. It's corruption of mentally challenged making

The footballing authorities in Scotland are just twisting the knife and trying to scunner us at every turn now.

The club really need to stand up to this shite once and for all.

This is an easy one to fight.

We simply present pages of evidence that Kevin Clancy is a cheating, corrupt, cockeyed knut who hates anything relating to Rangers and everything relating to Morelos. His bias is there for all to see.
We should get a top referee from Europe to review every match involving Rangers that Clancy has officiated in and ask him to produce a report to be handed over to the SFA and UEFA.

If anything it's the opposite. We went for the SPFL/SFA last year and lost. This sort of thing was always going to happen this season as a result

we didnt really, we made noises that ended up us saying the status quo cant continue.

Time for club1872 to start a legal fund and let the fans sue these b********.

They cant do SFA to Rangers (pardon the pun) if fans are the ones taking them on.
Agree, i will get called all sorts on here but its more than time to start making the lifes of refs, sfa employees, spfl board members and media people hell. Get private investigstors following them, the works.

If there is a hearing for an appeal we need to hire a QC and put the coonts on the spot. Was there not a case against TLB they claimed they couldnt afford to defend ?

Even if he gets a ban with no cnut in the stadium he could still shout instructions lol

You know in the current climate they would say he has to stay away full stop.

I think this is clear as day an attempt to give the tims an edge in the old firm game. From the press noise Recently they are clearly working to get it cancelled. Failing that they don’t want a level playing field - they have clearly used their sfa cabal to engineer another advantage in case the game goes ahead - as it should.

Tell the SFA that Steven Gerrard will answer this charge once the Compliance Officer has finally decided what the punishment was for Tom Boyd when he criticised a referee on the official Celtic TV channel. He only got charged about 2 years ago, these things obviously take time.

We should have went for Clancy after his shocking performance at new year , asked for an explanation , counting the Dundee Utd game . How many times has Morelos failed to finish a match with Clancy reffing ? Divide that number by the total number of games he’s reffed Alfredo .

He’s a fuukin cheat

I agree with the other posters above who think there's only one conclusion to this fiasco & that is a touchline ban

If that is the result - then I personally believe we need to withdraw our cooperation when it comes to post match interviews

I know T.V. companies have contract clauses obligating managers to be available for interview - but if these interviews were to be a series of 'no comment' answers - it would imo be a harmless, important, & more significant protest than playing a polite Mr. Niceguy role will ever achieve

Of course we could get all the proper & worthwhile info direct from the gaffers mouth on RTV -

That would leave all the false nonsense to all the other corrupt participants

Let's face it we're never going to get treated fairly by this shower of scum - no matter how meekly we behave

Last edited:
and people want him to actually call them out after games
Stevie would be hung from Hampden for the truth

need to burn this set-up to the ground
I get told I am talking shite when I say this. He should now ask what has happened when Rodgers and Lennon actually told refs that they would never referee again if they made another mistake in their games. Wherr wiz Klerr then?

I agree with the other posters above who think there's only one conclusion to this fiasco & that is a touchline ban

If that is the result - then I personally believe we need to withdraw our cooperation when it comes to post match interviews

I know T.V. companies have contract clauses obligating managers to be available for interview - but if these interviews were to be a series of 'no comment' answers - it would imo be a harmless, important, & more significant protest than playing a polite Mr. Niceguy role

Of course we could get all the proper & worthwhile info direct from the gaffers mouth on RTV -

That would leave all the false nonsense to all the other corrupt participants

Let's face we're never going to get treated fairly by this shower of scum - no matter how meekly we behave
AFIK it was a RTV interview. I think he diluted it for mainstream. Might be talking shite here though.

Back