They Are Rank Rotten

i rarely watched them but i did tonight. PAHAHAHA! Hearts went at them from the kick off and rightly so, theyre so unorganised. i noticed the body language of the team and the manager walking toward the camera at half time the world looked like it was in their new managers shoulders. His post match presser indicates that the pressure is getting to him already ill give him 3 games maximum after the old firm before hes punted. if they play like that against us it could be cricket score

Sellik will still be our main rivals this season but having watched Hearts beat them tonight I don't think we have a lot to worry about.

A bit like last season’s a game in hand is 3 points guaranteed for Celtic, time to consign this one to the dustbin?

I’m not saying they wont be better (but they won’t ;) :p:shh:), I’m just saying those who state “they will be better this year” as if it’s fact, after they’ve just been beaten off the newly promoted team for the division, may have to admit that it is entirely possible they could be worse.

Stop stating as fact things that look entirely questionable.

Fine, they got rid of Lennon and Duffy.

But they gained Flange and Starduffy. Doesn’t look any better.
Genius B-)

So was Lennon

His start to the season (albeit maybe not entirely his fault ) is quite frankly laughable, I genuinely don't see him being manager after the old firm.

The best part is how are they gonna find another manager when they had to settle for this kangaroo? I'm refusing to accept big JK will be back again , they can't be that thick
Jk seems to have sticking power he must have on hell of a contract or he has something on one of the board members.
Sorry I forgot Celtic spell it bored

I remember a 3-0 home win with them loosing in the capital as The opening day fixtures. Ended in a Horrible finale. They aren’t done until they can’t breathe.

I’ll take stick for this but they aren’t as bad as being made out.

They’re pressing high and having a lot of the ball. Creating chances but not taking them.

You can see the shape and style they want to play.

2 delightful defeats but that aren’t as bad as being made out.
Get what you are saying mate, now a someone who never watched them at all unless against us, have watched their last 2 games as I am self isolating and bored oot ma nut.
Thought they were a lot better tonight than Wednesday pressed the ball well and looked the better team by far.
Their achilles heel is their defence it is rank rotten.
The new guy is woeful I know it is only one game, but oooft £4 mil:oops:
There other really big problem is the depth of their squad really pathetic, a few injuries and they will really struggle.

They’re pressing high and having a lot of the ball. Creating chances but not taking them.

Middleland and Hertz are dross tbh. Sorry jamboreid :(

Having seen a bit of the game today I’d agree BUT

1) they are thread bare squad wise. We’ve got two players per position, strength in depth.

2) defensively when playing this type of football you’ve got to have a decent defence to hold off counters…they don’t!

I didn’t watch the live match, I can only ever watch them when we are playing them. Just watching Sportscene and they are crap. Who is this Soro clown, I wouldn’t swap any of theirs for any of ours.

They've played, and lost to, 2 bang average teams who had no pace up front, didn't move the ball quickly enough and sat deeper rather than consistently pressing them. They appear worse, if that's possible, at set pieces than they were last year. They are so open and vulnerable defensively it's honestly beyond belief. They will have the majority of the ball most games but with their full backs playing midfield with zero cover and their 2 wingers unable to put a decent cross in between them then for all the chances they may create they'll concede plenty too. It's footballing suicide against good or well organised sided and reminds me of Ozzy Ardiles's (spelling police crack on if you must) crackpot spurs formation. This will definitely not be their last defeat playing that shape, that's for certain.

There might be something in the prediction of a few pundits that they may be in a scrap for 2nd/3rd. We had a financial advantage over the rest prior to Gerrard but we were coming in 3rd.

You can never take anything for granted but it's becoming ever more glaringly obvious we're even further ahead of them than we thought we were.

It took Steven Gerrard 3 years to drill his philosophy into this squad. And while the Ange philosophy may get them by against most of the dross it looks to me destined for frequent slip ups.

It looks like he has some sort of blitzkrieg strategy laced with a dose of kamikaze. Blitzkrieg wont impress the dross. It's exactly what they prepare for isn't it? And they will welcome the kamikaze element.

I also have doubts they will make Europa league.

FB-IMG-1627765194643.jpg
Quietly terrified

Any team that runs at that defence will eventually get something. I knew they were poor but didn’t know they are that bad.

Lets be honest that was a bang average hearts side that got a result tonight. If that doesn’t give the rest of the league hope against that mob then they should chuck it.
Boyce, who isn't the quickest, must have had 4 or 5 chances to go through and arsed them up. Anyone with a bit of speed and a trick or two will absolutely destroy them.

I've been out all night and I'm blootered.

But they are shite.

Oh a like it I like it I like ohhhhhh Gerrard stopped 10 in a row

Everyone knows what their game-plan is; Blitzkrieg and coast.

They've got nothing else. It's get two/three goals early, try to force the other team to lose interest and then pass it around whilst everyone waits for the full-time whistle.

Problem is, if another team matches their intensity and physicality early on, defends well and takes a chance on the counter then they have a long game, which they can't handle.

They've shown they can't go for 90 minutes, let alone 90 minutes twice a week. Teams that actually do something rather than meekly surrendering will get something from them.

Boyce, who isn't the quickest, must have had 4 or 5 chances to go through and arsed them up. Anyone with a bit of speed and a trick or two will absolutely destroy them.
He looked like he could run away from any of their defenders and he’s hardly the quickest. Imagine a team with a few fast forwards.

They've actually created very little across the three competitive games they've played so far. Tonight, other than their goal and the chance at the end, Gordon had very little to do.

Hearts scored two and had another couple of decent chances, and that's a team that struggled for large parts of the game to string a few passes together and have a lot less in forward areas than a good few SPFL teams.

Sellik will still be our main rivals this season but having watched Hearts beat them tonight I don't think we have a lot to worry about.
I think that you are correct that they will probably be closest to us in the league but it isn't a given. The downward spiral is still looking very real. There is no way of knowing if they will improve or not. There are teams in this league who know how to park the bus and hit fast and hard.

If they lose any more points and we keep winning the pressure on them will be off the scale.

the team they had tonight was more than good enough to beat hearts. yet big lou carpenter is getting let off the hook because the board are taking all the flak :))
they are fucking awful B-)
He just has that mentally challenged look to him.

Eyes slightly too close together.

I honestly can’t.

I think this is hipster football fan bs or something Celtic fans say as a comfort blanket who isn’t yet prepared to say they are miles off it
This here all day long, you are bang on the button with this description Tailwind. How many times have we seen the glowing reports of the Celtc way of playing football turn out to be eleven players wearing the emperors' new clothes?
The media fan boys are going to have to take a rain check on their hyperbole or face the constant embarrassment of how far off they are of their assesment of the second best team in Scotland.

Several posters on this board should take heed also.

They aren't that bad. They are however, incredibly unfit and have no players though. A lot of square pegs in round holes. A recipe for disaster. They need about 10 players to be a cohesive unit and I'm not even exaggerating. They've also not got a cohesive recruitment strategy and they've spent the guts of £10 million already. Their 'golden boy' signing from last season (Turnbull), doesn't even fit the new managers style of play either.

Postecoglou did say when he arrived that he needed time. Something, that you and I both know, not many get in Glasgow. Gerrard got time because he achieved Europa League football in his first season and he was tasked with improving standards both on and off the pitch. They didn't even give Ange the privilege of bringing in his own people to support him in his new job. He's been left with Lennon's cast offs both on the park and on the sidelines.

A draw and 2 loses on the bounce is a terrible return for any Old Firm manager. Dress it up however you like but it is. The media are going to destroy him before he gets a chance to fully implement his brand of football.

They aren't that bad. They are however, incredibly unfit and have no players though. A lot of square pegs in round holes. A recipe for disaster. They need about 10 players to be a cohesive unit and I'm not even exaggerating. They've also not got a cohesive recruitment strategy and they've spent the guts of £10 million already. Their 'golden boy' signing from last season (Turnbull), doesn't even fit the new managers style of play either.

Postecoglou did say when he arrived that he needed time. Something, that you and I both know, not many get in Glasgow. Gerrard got time because he achieved Europa League football in his first season and he was tasked with improving standards both on and off the pitch. They didn't even give Ange the privilege of bringing in his own people to support him in his new job. He's been left with Lennon's cast offs both on the park and on the sidelines.

A draw and 2 loses on the bounce is a terrible return for any Old Firm manager. Dress it up however you like but it is. The media are going to destroy him before he gets a chance to fully implement his brand of football.
If they are unfit and don't have the players the they are that bad tho. These are 2 things that are essential to challenge for the title

Back