They did it!

A great message for other players that may be in a similar situation and keen to win some trophies, can only help us lure key players if they fit our model.

A great way to finish his career. A double league medal
An immensely likeable and professional guy who commands a lot of respect in the game, particularly down south.

Seems to have been almost a little overwhelmed by our club and could prove to be an amazing ambassador for our club in the future.

Very happy he has found some success in his otherwise illustrious career. Love JD.

An immensely likeable and professional guy who commands a lot of respect in the game, particularly down south.

Seems to have been almost a little overwhelmed by our club and could prove to be an amazing ambassador for our club in the future.

Very happy he has found some success in his otherwise illustrious career. Love JD.
Very, very well put.

Interestingly, Defoe is an OBE (2018 for services to the Jermain Defoe Foundation, his charity), whereas Gerrard is only an MBE (Dec 2007 for services to sport)

Loads of former and current Spurs players in that boat.
The vast majority of EPL players, or most leagues for that matter, never sniff a medal in their careers. Shearer one league title? Probably the best striker you'll ever see in the EPL.

Has Defoe ever played in the UCL? Even though he was omitted from this seasons squad due to what appeared to be a gentleman’s agreement with Gerrard, I think he still would offer something next year at that level in our champions league quest,

He makes me think of Caniggia, in the sense that he is a Football icon that I never thought would wear a Rangers jersey, and that he should have been here sooner.

Back