They have signed James Mccarthy

Sorry for being a buzz kill, why are some folks using his lack of goals to criticise him?.

He’s a defensive midfielder:))

Slaughter him for other things that are valid!.
I couldn’t even be bothered replying to such drivel.

Although, when you think on the vast numbers of folk who claim to never watch the EPL - that could account for some of it.

That absolutely mentalist James forest aka the celtic blogger genuinely just wrote

McCarthy will easily be the best midfielder in this league with the possible exception of Callum McGregor.

They are fucked
His rants are incredible a daily dose of comedy gold he still believes we fluked our way to the title .
In recent weeks he has been getting more and more demented wonderful to see .

4 games in 4 years for McCarthy.

I see a lot of Rossiter style 7-10 days away chat in the future of Flange and his successors.

Announce that rebel scum excuse of a father next, we need to fill the void of Lego and wotsit teeth to suffer the pain 56 brings! I agree OP, they had a chance to reset with a vibrant young team and instead are hoisting upon fat Flange a past it GK and a midfielder with no legs,

I sort of get the patchwork, panic nature of these types of deals for plugging holes in a sinking ship and just getting bodies in to fill shirts or add some experience.

But.. 3 and 4 year deals for him and Hart?

How long are they expecting to be sinking for?

Laughing my tits off here tbh. %^*& me they’re a state.

I get the feeling there is going to be a massive fallout over there shortly.

There is no way these signings are players Ange wants to play his high pressing, high tempo, fast paced uber attacking brand of football.. These are panic signings for a club with no structure or plan whatsoever.

Long may it continue.

Mccarthey if stayed fit is a not bad player

He isn’t going to turn them into some sort of
Winning machine

He’s certainly a better replacement for brown than soro though

Thankfully for us he is injured every 3 games

I think McCarthy is a decent player, but for four year deals for players with no sell on is value, especially when they are quite injury prone, one bad injury and at that age recovering to old levels may be impossible.

A midfielder that's absolutely bust in terms of fitness signs for a manager who wants his players to run themselves into the ground for 90 mins.

You'd think someone would be asking questions there.

Unsure where this injury prone suggestion is coming from. He missed 3 games last season through injury. He didn't get a huge number of games, but played around 40 times the season before for Crystal Palace.

I actually think, unfortunately, that's a decent signing for them.

He played something like 16 times last season for Palace.

They released a better midfielder this week, and paid him to go B-D

A player they turned down an offer of 12 million for.

BWAHAHAHA

He played something like 16 times last season for Palace.
Aye but he completed 90 minutes 3 times out of the 16. Even the season before when he played 35 games he only completed 90 minutes 14 times. The three seasons before that he played a total of 21 games for average of 50 minutes a game.

feels like when you go to a shop on the last day of a sale and those (Hart/McCarthy) are on the things left on the shelf so you buy them because you want to have something from the sale

you don't want them (as their manager probably doesn't) but it's done to say "we are spending money, we are listening" to their hoards of supporters

Back