They have signed James Mccarthy

In summary, they've signed:
  • the Swedish Shane Duffy
  • a past it keeper with a couple of well-known flaws
  • a player in his 30s who's likely to spend most of his time out injured
Exciting times.

Glorious. They are big enough signings for the deluded bunch over there to calm down without realising they will bring nothing worth anything to their team.

I'd be amazed if McCarthy will play 10 games this season.

They keeping saying “he could be our Davis”. Davis had made at least 25 appearances for 15 consecutive seasons before we signed him. The vast majority were 40+ appearances.

They are being wildly optimistic if they think McCarthy can perform the way Davis has well into his 30s.
Davis is a cultured footballer. McCarthy is a ball winner is he not?

So that will be 4 goalkeepers they have now,Hart,Bain,Barkas and Hazard……perhaps they are going to put the 4 of them in goal at once…even then I doubt if they could stop the ball going into the net…..Total panic buying from a club that don’t know which way to go!

Absolutely no direction at all and shows Ange hasn't got a say in anything. 4 year deal

Bring on 56
Maybe they can move from 78% possession to 80%. It’s not like teams are playing through the lines against them. Any ball in the box and it’s Dad’s Army. Good player, let’s not lie but to be honest if he takes Soro’s place I’m quite happy as he’s the only player that can cover ground. They’ve got their new Broony.

Hart might make the odd save but he’s got minimum three serious errors a year in him. As testified to by his last three managers.

No surprise, when there’s mutiny in the ranks they play the Oirish card to appease the frothing masses, even if in this case it’s a plastic one.
I’m only surprised they didn’t go full tattie muncher and sign McClean. There’s time yet I suppose.

Dunno. I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss mccarthy. Potentially a very decent signing for them and im sure a player with Harts experience will do well in Scotland.

We'll still destroy them in a few weeks but they are certainly better now.

Wonder who he will replace for the Scum in midfield.

Brown Mark II? 70 minute Wonderman? New Captain?

Just until he gets injured, of course.

Just get it over with and announce Conor McGregor as well. Still Season tickets to sell here.

Literally laughed out loud when I read this. Another shit player just to adhere to the hordes. It's almost like they have just given up on ever catching us.

He will improve them, but that’s because at the moment their squad looks like the one you start with on FIFA ultimate team.

Any half decent player improves them, but they need much more than that to get close to us.

2 more players who are a huge gamble on recent history and who have zero resale value. Incredible ‘strategy’. I mean that, it’s just incredible - for us.

Dunno. I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss mccarthy. Potentially a very decent signing for them and im sure a player with Harts experience will do well in Scotland.

We'll still destroy them in a few weeks but they are certainly better now.
No doubt he would have been a good signing for them a few years ago, but he was literally a free agent and no one in England wanted him, so I’m not exactly worried.

A defensive MF prone to injuries, problematic hamstrings, that is exactly what AP needs in his team of very fit, fast and dynamic superstars….

Not one signing so far looks as though it has been planned, thought out and discussed at a very high level between coaches, it screams of desperation.

He’s parked outside the house just now, never had an issue with him before. How he’s one of them it’s a different story!

Back