They have signed James Mccarthy

Every signing they make is naturally rubbished on here, but I think this is a pretty decent one if I’m being honest.

He may not be up to the rigours of EPL football anymore, but at only 30 years of age the SFPL should be an easier test.

At the same time he’s no world beater and if they lose someone like Christie it’s more or less like for like in terms of quality.

There’s also the question of whether he’s actually wanted by Flange and if he’ll fit into his system, whatever that actually is.

Every signing they make is naturally rubbished on here, but I think this is a pretty decent one if I’m being honest.

He may not be up to the rigours of EPL football anymore, but at only 30 years of age the SFPL should be an easier test.

At the same time he’s no world beater and if they lose someone like Christie it’s more or less like for like in terms of quality.

There’s also the question of whether he’s actually wanted by Flange and if he’ll fit into his system, whatever that actually is.
Don't your last two paragraphs argue against the point your making in the first two, and compliment those posters you complain about? As regards McCarthy, I have no idea how good he is right now; his experience in the EPL could be a real asset to his new club, but time will tell how his game stands at this moment in time. On this face of it, it's a signing that could prove itself either way.

Don't your last two paragraphs argue against the point your making in the first two, and compliment those posters you complain about? As regards McCarthy, I have no idea how good he is right now; his experience in the EPL could be a real asset to his new club, but time will tell how his game stands at this moment in time. On this face of it, it's a signing that could prove itself either way.
Which is more or less what I’m trying to say, no?

good signing for them. they are much stronger now than last season imo. Still a bit behind us so i hope we dont do what they did and fall asleep at the wheel. We still need a striker and a centre mid and ill be confident we win the league again.

I'm confused on two fronts...I'm not actually sure if you're being sarcastic or not?

But what makes them stronger than last year? They've lost half their squad from last season including their best defender Ajer.

Also, do you honestly think we need another striker? We have Morelos, Roofe, Sakala, Itten, Defoe.

good signing for them. they are much stronger now than last season imo. Still a bit behind us so i hope we dont do what they did and fall asleep at the wheel. We still need a striker and a centre mid and ill be confident we win the league again.

So they have lost Brown, Elyounousi, Ajer, Kenny, Laxxalt, Ntcham, Frimpong, Klimala and are now much stronger? Very much doubt that.

Looking at the Herald report today on his & Hart's signing. The writer Mark Hendry states in a somewhat desperate fashion "their talent is undeniable" and then refers to their "two-legged tie against Dutch giants AZ Alkmaar".

I wonder if Peter's had a word...

I know his injury record is poor, but they seem to have cleared up since 2018. What is the reason for his drop in games since then? (16 games last season). Just shite?

20/21Hamstring InjuryOct 10, 2020Nov 6, 202027 days3Crystal Palace
17/18Tibia and Fibula FractureJan 20, 2018Jan 5, 2019350 days39Everton FC
17/18Hamstring InjuryOct 25, 2017Dec 26, 201762 days15Everton FC
17/18Knee InjuryJul 26, 2017Oct 24, 201790 days17Everton FC
16/17Hamstring InjuryMar 24, 2017Jun 30, 201798 days9Everton FC
16/17Hamstring InjuryDec 19, 2016Jan 7, 201719 days5Everton FC
16/17Groin StrainAug 23, 2016Oct 5, 201643 days7Everton FC
14/15Hamstring InjuryDec 28, 2014Jan 31, 201534 days7Everton FC
14/15Hamstring InjuryNov 9, 2014Dec 6, 201427 days6Everton FC
10/11Unknown InjuryOct 23, 2010Jan 10, 201179 days16Wigan Athletic
It would suggest he's been wrapped in cotton wool and has totally slowed down as a player.

Niko and Barton… McCarthy and hart,
A manager who claims he’s all about attacking
Plan b is to attack better
Shocking defenders although even kiernan would walk into that back 4
This is absolute bliss watching them

A bit off topic but has anyone noticed that Callum McGregor is suddenly the best player in scotland now.

He's really inspired them 2 one draw and 2 defeats.

You’d imagine if he plays that’s Turnbull or McGregor’s place in doubt?

You’d imagine if he plays that’s Turnbull or McGregor’s place in doubt?
He's a defensive mid is he not, so it'd be soro he'd replace. So their midfield 6 would be Mccarthy, Turnbull, McGregor with Soro, Rogic and Fucktifiknow as back up. The quality and strength in depth of which is quietly terrifying. Stacked for goalies though. They've got the young flapper who's so good he's getting papped out on loan, Bain who is average at best but slightly better than look no hands, and he dives to the right, he only dives to the right Hart. All of whom are shocking with the ball at their feet. Scary thing is their defence is even worse. Christie, Edouard and Forrest are alright in the forward areas but zero quality in reserve if any of those 3 are injured or leave.

He's a defensive mid is he not, so it'd be soro he'd replace. So their midfield 6 would be Mccarthy, Turnbull, McGregor with Soro, Rogic and Fucktifiknow as back up. The quality and strength in depth of which is quietly terrifying. Stacked for goalies though. They've got the young flapper who's so good he's getting papped out on loan, Bain who is average at best but slightly better than look no hands, and he dives to the right, he only dives to the right Hart. All of whom are shocking with the ball at their feet. Scary thing is their defence is even worse. Christie, Edouard and Forrest are alright in the forward areas but zero quality in reserve if any of those 3 are injured or leave.
That’s true about Soro. Their midfield is really poor when you look at that list

Ange : I don’t think the fans like me or want me here Dominic, what can I do ?

Dominic : Here’s the answer to all your problems Ange, sign this guy , the hhordes will lap it up.

Ange: ok thanks , but just one thing, who the %^*& is James McCarthy ?

I hear what your saying but the SPFL is tougher than some ppl think, just ask joey Barton
I think him and the keeper are decent additions for them but truth is, nobody knows how good or bad a piece of business it it

Time will tell

Had a look last night and the minutes McCarthy has played in the league over the last 5 seasons equates to 7 full league games a season so he’s been on the pitch for less than 20% of the games. If they keep him fit he’s a good player but how often do we hear that? How’s his body going to cope with the demands of 2 games per week when he rarely managed 1 in last 5 years?

I can’t believe they’ve given him a 4 year contract, especially considering that he’ll be 31 in November. It feels like a panic signing to fill gaps that could end costing a fortune.
First plastic pitch should see him sidelined for the season.

These 2 signings are right up there with Warburton’s signings when we were in the PL.
Taking punts on ex EPL players long past their best.

Put it this way if Hart was still a decent Keeper then why didn’t Gerrard go for him a season or 2 ago to give McGregor a run for his money?
Gerrard obviously doesn’t rate him as highly as he once did.
Both our keepers are better than him

Worth noting that he's been playing mens football since the age of 15...so in football terms he's quite old even though he's 'only' 30. Never fit either.
Is that something we need to be worried about with young kids playing against men in the lowland league do you think?

Tbh growing up close by I’ve always kept an eye on McCarthy and liked him as a player, regardless of where he’s ended up now always got a sense of pride seeing a Hamilton lad live the dream and hold his own in the epl , however speak to any Everton / Crystal Palace fan ( or look at his appearances over the last 10 years ) and the fact is the boy can’t stay fit consistently , yet they expect him to cover every blade of grass is super anges fandabby Dosey energetic style of play ? .. with no pre season under his belt ? He will have more torn hammys and calf strains that what he will have appearances this season after being rushed into the team

yes he’s better than what they have but my guess is they will still see more of the same even when he’s there

Tbh growing up close by I’ve always kept an eye on McCarthy and liked him as a player, regardless of where he’s ended up now always got a sense of pride seeing a Hamilton lad live the dream and hold his own in the epl , however speak to any Everton / Crystal Palace fan ( or look at his appearances over the last 10 years ) and the fact is the boy can’t stay fit consistently , yet they expect him to cover every blade of grass is super anges fandabby Dosey energetic style of play ? .. with no pre season under his belt ? He will have more torn hammys and calf strains that what he will have appearances this season after being rushed into the team

yes he’s better than what they have but my guess is they will still see more of the same even when he’s there
The boy can't even talk quickly now sounds like he's been in a bad accident.

Back