They Played for Rangers and Hearts

The Hampden Riot goalkeeper Harry Rennie
Johnny Walker.

Here's one that dh1963 needs to do a profile on (if he hasn't already done so) ;)

Won 2 League Titles (and a Scottish Cup) with Hearts in the late 1800's.
Transferred to Liverpool 1901, then scored the goal which secured Liverpool's first League Title.
Guested for Rangers in the British League Cup, scoring the winner v Everton in a 3-2 win in 1902.
Joined Rangers in 1902, winning the Scottish Cup in 1903.

The Hampden Riot goalkeeper Harry Rennie

Trust you. B-)

I think I'm doing well with Conn, Burns and Robertson and then you take it all to a way higher level of difficulty and obscurity.
;)

The same applies to @MO_TxTruBlu.
Incredible historic knowledge of our club.

Johnny Walker.

Here's one that dh1963 needs to do a profile on (if he hasn't already done so) ;)

Won 2 League Titles (and a Scottish Cup) with Hearts in the late 1800's.
Transferred to Liverpool 1901, then scored the goal which secured Liverpool's first League Title.
Guested for Rangers in the British League Cup, scoring the winner v Everton in a 3-2 win in 1902.
Joined Rangers in 1902, winning the Scottish Cup in 1903.

:))

I'm sure I read that rangers and hearts have done the most amount of transfers between each other compared to any other scottish football clubs.

Trying to pick an XI

..................................................Niemi
S.Jardine...................D.Weir........................A.McLaren........... L.Wallace
...............J.Walker...........D.Ferguson..........A.MacDonald
N.McCann...................M.Johnston......................W.Johnston

Trying to pick an XI

..................................................Niemi
S.Jardine...................D.Weir........................A.McLaren........... L.Wallace
...............J.Walker...........D.Ferguson..........A.MacDonald
N.McCann...................M.Johnston......................W.Johnston

Would Conn not get in your team before Derek Ferguson mate?

Not saying your wrong, just curious.

Would Conn not get in your team before Derek Ferguson mate?

Not saying your wrong, just curious.
Nope.

Derek Ferguson played close to 150 games for both Rangers and Hearts.
Ferguson collected 2 League Titles, and 3 League Cups at Ibrox, before becoming a club record £750,000 signing for Hearts, where he was a mainstay in their team for 3 seasons.

Alfie Conn was a washed up free signing for Hearts, from an Indoor Soccer team in the USA,
played less than 20 games for Hearts, and was given a free transfer, less than 1 year later.

Back