They Say You Should Never Go Back

Clubdeck

Been thinking last night about this. Neither Davis or Lafferty have really cut it, if we are honest. I appreciate that it is still early days for SD, but we wanted the shot in the arm, the leader to grab games by the neck and take it to the opponent.

Greggsy has been fine, but can anyone think of many players that rocked up and enhanced their standing a second time around at any club?

Hopefully, I'm proven wrong, but we need to loose the nostalgia and start thinking about new legends, rather than revisiting old ones

Never worked for Trevor Steven or big DJ.We won't mention the likes of Ricky Foster or Lee Robinson

The clamour from many on here to bring back former footballers always seems to come with the bizarre belief that they will be the exact same players that left.

When that invariably doesn’t happen the same people shouting loudest for their return are the first hurling pelters at them for being past it.

Maybe one day the penny will drop and they’ll see that a bold future should not be reliant on recycling the past.

The clamour from many on here to bring back former footballers always seems to come with the bizarre belief that they will be the exact same players that left.

When that invariably doesn’t happen the same people shouting loudest for their return are the first hurling pelters at them for being past it.

Maybe one day the penny will drop and they’ll see that a bold future should not be reliant on recycling the past.

Spot on Omegaman. And whilst we are at it Steven Davis, although a very talented footballer, is no more a leader than Tavernier. The leaders are Jack, McCrorie, Halliday and McGregor.

The wages on Davis and Defoe look to have been wasted. We could have finished second without them.

Allan McGregor, Dave McPherson , Kenny Miller , Barry Ferguson all were successful signings second time around . I’m sure there’s more .

It’s like everything else in life , sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn’t . Let’s hope Davis can pick up the pace and kick on , if not nothin lost he’s only on loan .

McGregor has been fine?

Without McGregor we would be 4th and not in Europe till Xmas.

He has been sensational for us.

I absolutely thought Steve Davis was the man for us. I watched him a few times prior to signing. I thought he would be a great fit in the team, sadly I was wrong. Nothing would make me happier than him proving me wrong.

Been thinking last night about this. Neither Davis or Lafferty have really cut it, if we are honest. I appreciate that it is still early days for SD, but we wanted the shot in the arm, the leader to grab games by the neck and take it to the opponent.

Greggsy has been fine, but can anyone think of many players that rocked up and enhanced their standing a second time around at any club?

Hopefully, I'm proven wrong, but we need to loose the nostalgia and start thinking about new legends, rather than revisiting old ones

The Rangers support really doesn't do half measures.

You're judging Davis on what, four or five games?

Lafferty was always going to be a busted flush - the guys who do the statistics on Rangers on Twitter more or less told us this - but to dismiss Davis so soon into his return is utterly hopeless.

Allan McGregor, Dave McPherson , Kenny Miller , Barry Ferguson all were successful signings second time around . I’m sure there’s more .

It’s like everything else in life , sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn’t . Let’s hope Davis can pick up the pace and kick on , if not nothin lost he’s only on loan .

Hateley was brought back for a specific aim and he fulfilled that aim big time.:))

W.A.T.P.

Trevor Steven
Craig Moore
Kenny Miller
Barry Ferguson
Allan McGregor

Tbh I think it’s an easy excuse as to why a signing hasn’t worked in much the same way as to why it does. The reality is that every signing needs looked at in isolation. Lafferty made sense at the time. It hasn’t worked out. It’s the way football goes mates

Back