They still couldn't defeat a physically and emotionally exhausted Rangers

A very dodgy spell in the first half but overall a tactical lesson worthy of an away tie in Europe.

I feel Alfie’s booking was the only thing that stopped us winning it late-on as it decided the change.

Home advantage, against a tired and emotional Rangers who were already champions with 4 rabid officials.

I felt that from 75-80 minutes, if there was going to be a winner then it would only be us.

They had Brown on for most of the game and finished up with Rogic, Griffiths and Forrest on the pitch like it was 2017.

After the mayhem and emotional fall-out from Thursday, our players could have been forgiven if they weren't fully at the races today. Its to their credit that they gave all that was left in the tank. We showed the mark of Champions.

The more savvy of them will be aware of that. A couple of comments from Bonner on the BBC text stream:

"For Celtic it's another game where they create lots of chances but can't score and are then punished by a set-piece. If there was any chance for John Kennedy to get the job on a permanent basis I think it might have gone with that game.

"If they are available, Celtic need to bring in their new manager right now. The key issue is who is going to make that decision? Would the Celtic fans be happy if it's Peter Lawwell?"

OP has it spot on & his comments mirror exactly the messages I have been sending & receiving.
This was their chance for what they thought would spoil the party (nothing could) and they still couldn't manage it
WATP

Fact is we could go up levels they were at their best and didnt beat us.

No doubt we will be hearing ref denied them etc etc but simple fact is we are miles better than them and only had to play at about 50% to get a draw

As stated earlier in this thread, the game goes on 5min longer we win it. I actually think we’ve just mistimed our game plan by 5min or so. If we’d opened up that wee bit earlier we’d have won it. Even with them supposedly playing so well, we were the only team that was going to win that today

Spot on OP: we were tired and, more than that, emotionally drained after the high of the league and the low of the bigoted backlash and then the ugliness of Thursday. Despite that, they could not beat us when they had only that game to aim at. More than that, I thought they were far from special and had we had Tavernier and Ryan Jack available we would not have lost a goal and we would have scored more. A much better result for us than them and they are going nowhere.

A very dodgy spell in the first half but overall a tactical lesson worthy of an away tie in Europe.

I feel Alfie’s booking was the only thing that stopped us winning it late-on as it decided the change.

Home advantage, against a tired and emotional Rangers who were already champions with 4 rabid officials.

I felt that from 75-80 minutes, if there was going to be a winner then it would only be us.

They had Brown on for most of the game and finished up with Rogic, Griffiths and Forrest on the pitch like it was 2017.

Alfredo booked for being Alfredo again!

I thought there was a chance we would be beaten today after Thursday and winning the league a couple of weeks ago.

We weren't our best, but they flung the lot at us and we come out with the draw.

Laughed when they flung on Griffiths with 2 mins to go! B-D

I think we're probably in their heads now. Between Ibrox in January and today, it starts to get at them. "What do we have to do to beat this team?"

Been a long time since it felt like Rangers had the Indian sign over Celtic. Not even sure we ever had it in Walters 2nd spell?

I'm probably thinking its was early big Eck that we've gone 4 unbeaten vs them.

I predicted 1-1 and Morelos goal!! Wish I put it on. They were very plucky today, with their strongest team, at home, with 2 weeks rest! That today was literally their best, we never got out of second gear and they still couldn’t do it. As for the “stone wall penalty” give me a break ffs. I thought the yellow was harsh but on further viewing it was spot on, he dived, blatantly.

We still looked a fitter team in the last 10 minutes where as some of that mob were blowing out their arses and that's after not only a very physical 2 games against Slavia but also the emotional fall out from the racial abuse of Kamara and Roofe, we were nowhere near our best today but our players deserve a lot of credit for their grit and desire , they kept going after a turbulent week which will only galvanise the winning mindset/mentality that's been developed , on a side note loved Alfredos celebration today absolutely brilliant.

We still looked a fitter team in the last 10 minutes where as some of that mob were blowing out their arses and that's after not only a very physical 2 games against Slavia but also the emotional fall out from the racial abuse of Kamara and Roofe, we were nowhere near our best today but our players deserve a lot of credit for their grit and desire , they kept going after a turbulent week which will only galvanise the winning mindset/mentality that's been developed , on a side note loved Alfredos celebration today absolutely brilliant.

Hopefully, the media tell them how brilliant they were today and robbed by Willie Collum. lol

The last two games against them are why we’re champions.

Not playing well, but still getting the results?

I’ll take that every day of the week.

I think if Morelos had stayed on when Wright came on we would have won that. Remember we played 55 minutes with a centre back at RB as well

Psychologically we've got them on toast on and off the pitch, they were still talking about how great they were for 21 minutes in January :)) :))

Last edited:
Our record there over the years isn't great so I would almost always be happy enough with a draw.

Considering the last week's fallout, their only opportunity for fame this season, & the potential for a dip after the league has been won, a draw is fine.

They are nowhere near as fit as us. 2 games in a row now they have been blowing out their arse after going full pelt for the first half. The last 10 mins we were the only team that looked like scoring.

I seem to be missing something here

After the week we have had, going there as champions and them doing their damned best to stop us from winning at their midden, isn't a 1-1 a fairly decent result? Buff gets his goal, we are still unbeaten, and we didn't really even look like we were at the races

I might be reading the forum incorrectly or misinterpreting the general feeling, but it seems that there's a lot of people raging about this. I think folk have to remember that the 4-0 skelpings we were on the receiving end of were total anomalies. History tells us that these were not the norm and the hidings we took came at a time when we were at a real low ebb - it was never likely that we would go there and hammer them and it's unlikely to become a regular thing going forward

appreciate we all want to put them in their scum place but at the end of the day, today was a fairly decent result all things considered.

Back