They thought we’d never catch up

HBFJ.gif

Their own worst enemy. They didn't realise they were breathing their stenchid breath on their own necks until there was a challenge.

Whatever more comes their way I hope it hurts and I hope they keep greeting about it.

Given the gap that developed, not only after we got kicked down the Leagues but when we squandered seasons and fortunes making an initial mess of the rebuild, they couldve dragged it out for a very, very long time. Had they acted accordingly and been smart. Instead arrogance ate them up and while one season doesnt reverse things 180' it has put us on the front foot and them on their bums.

We're getting better all the time, theyre getting worse and more ridiculous.

I suspect even now youd struggle to find anyone in the club at a high level who thinks this has been Rangers taking back control, theyll still quite believe its down to Covid, the SNP, the SFA, being unlucky (Rangers being lucky), James Forrest being injured, Celtic being emotional and all the other nonsense thats been offered up. I honestly cant keep track of it all.

Anyway its been a magnificent watch and its not over yet.

The big issue for whoever comes in is how to play catch up, it will be like a jigsaw but with all the corners missing, Edouard/Christie/McGregor and all the half decent ones will in all probability be gone, the loanees will be gone, 3 goalies you could not make one out of will be left as will the rest of the over the hill/unfit/untested ones.
That is my take on it and what will make it harder for them is that our club is running like a well oiled machine with all the service parts in hand to keep it just so, fucking great eh!

They are a filthy cowardly dishonest club which they and their breed of mhanky supporters deserve each other, I hope one day they get punted down to the lowest tier of Scottish football so we can see how they cope with the turmoil and struggles. It must torment them that Glasgow Rangers never died and that in one season their decade of diluted, deluded,unchallenged success has been laid to waste by their better and bigger rivals who they hate more than they like their own rancid club. Enjoy skulking back to your sewers you vermin shite.

All the "experts" said we'd need £30 million to get anywhere near them.

Or was it £50 million?

We've taken this one step at a time yet they didn't even notice.

First, we beat them at Hampden; then we beat them at Ibrox; then we beat them at their cesspit (and again); then we win at grounds where we are expected to drop points ... Just keep ticking the boxes.

The one box left is to beat them at Hampden in a final.

Then they'll realise.

Or was it £50 million?

First, we beat them at Hampden; then we beat them at Ibrox; then we beat them at their cesspit (and again); then we win at grounds where we are expected to drop points ... Just keep ticking the boxes.

Then they'll realise.
It’s done. We’ve broken them

They are a filthy cowardly dishonest club which they and their breed of mhanky supporters deserve each other, I hope one day they get punted down to the lowest tier of Scottish football so we can see how they cope with the turmoil and struggles. It must torment them that Glasgow Rangers never died and that in one season their decade of diluted, deluded,unchallenged success has been laid to waste by their better and bigger rivals who they hate more than they like their own rancid club. Enjoy skulking back to your sewers you vermin shite.
You really don’t like them very much, do you? Lol.

I’ve read comments online from some of the most deluded unwashed who genuinely believe they face just a minor rebuild... all done in one season. Now that is simply not thinking things through. The hubris with some of them continues.

Over confidence was that mobs downfall. After been awarded the league last season, they thought it was a mere formality that they would win the 20/21 Title.

Meanwhile, over at Ibrox, Steven Gerrard's blueprint was becoming an unstoppable machine, that not only over took them, but completely derailed them.

No one gets in the way of the 55 Express.

Definitely. Their plan was to have us just there, fighting for 2nd or 3rd place. They've spent a decade laughing at us on social media that they didnt realise their own board were taking the mick out of them and outright refusing to see how much we've improved.

They still can't admit we are a good team, we are average blah blah blah. Soak it all in.

Given the gap that developed, not only after we got kicked down the Leagues but when we squandered seasons and fortunes making an initial mess of the rebuild, they couldve dragged it out for a very, very long time. Had they acted accordingly and been smart. Instead arrogance ate them up and while one season doesnt reverse things 180' it has put us on the front foot and them on their bums.

I suspect even now youd struggle to find anyone in the club at a high level who thinks this has been Rangers taking back control, theyll still quite believe its down to Covid, the SNP, the SFA, being unlucky (Rangers being lucky), James Forrest being injured, Celtic being emotional and all the other nonsense thats been offered up. I honestly cant keep track of it all.

James Forrest has turned into a hybrid of barasi pele maradonna and best whilst hes been out.

It warms my heart to know that they know they have squandered a one-time-only opportunity to rebuild their club with no pressure on them.
This is a huge part of it. They didn’t take one step forward while we were out of the top league. Then pushed out the boat for Brendan Rogers when we gave them a fright in 2016, since Rogers left they have stagnated again.

...and it’s absolutely wonderful!

Definitely. Their plan was to have us just there, fighting for 2nd or 3rd place. They've spent a decade laughing at us on social media that they didnt realise their own board were taking the mick out of them and outright refusing to see how much we've improved.

They still can't admit we are a good team, we are average blah blah blah. Soak it all in.

Their own board making a fool of them is a strange one GG.

Since Gerrard arrived I’m sure we’ve spent 31/32m and they’ve spent over 40m.

And they were already 70-100m ahead of us when he joined, according to the respected SMSM LOL.

That’s a quite incredible illustration of what Gerrard has done against their management team.

Last edited:
I’ve read comments online from some of the most deluded unwashed who genuinely believe they face just a minor rebuild... all done in one season. Now that is simply not thinking things through. The hubris with some of them continues.
I don't think the incoming manager faces anything like the job Gerrard had. They have some decent players that with right coaching should get back to their levels. Their main issue is a lot of them are into last years of their deals and look like they want out.

I bet they're glad they only sang about the 10 rather than the 15/20/30 the media would sometimes mention.

Patience is a virtue. We finally got the finger out and hired people who know what they are doing.

Whereas, the other mob had someone in situ who knew what he was doing, didn’t really back him and then squandered money on his replacement who wasn’t in the same class.

Beautiful.

We were a good 4/5 years behind them until Gerrard took over. Their arrogance got the better of them and they thought they could just do enough to get by so were cautious about improving the squad

The irony is, we’re ahead of them now and it’ll cost them millions to get up to our level

Their own board making a fool of them is a strange one GG.

Since Gerrard arrived I’m sure we’ve spent 31/32m and they’ve spent over 40m.

And they were already 70-100m ahead of us when he joined.

That’s a quite incredible illustration of what Gerrard has done against their management team.

I honestly think they realised you don't need to spend what they spent on Rodgers to win the league in Scotlad and tried a the cheaper method. Just that the cheaper method was Asda smart price dog food instead of the inbetween quality :))

The differences in our management teams are night and day, we've got people for everything, tactics, set pieces, recovery etc. Theirs looks like a bunch of guys on the end of a 5 day bender :D

I don't think the incoming manager faces anything like the job Gerrard had. They have some decent players that with right coaching should get back to their levels. Their main issue is a lot of them are into last years of their deals and look like they want out.

Their issue is more financial in that poor players are on longer deals while better ones are poised to leave for less than they wouldve a year or two back.

A legit coach will at least get them playing and cannot be anything other than a major upgrade on the fake theyve just sacked/accepted resignation from.

Gerrard has rebuilt the club on and off the pitch. Hes restored its reputation and hes build the foundations for a great future. It only happened with him.

I honestly think they realised you don't need to spend what they spent on Rodgers to win the league in Scotlad and tried a the cheaper method. Just that the cheaper method was Asda smart price dog food instead of the inbetween quality :))

The differences in our management teams are night and day, we've got people for everything, tactics, set pieces, recovery etc. Theirs looks like a bunch of guys on the end of a 5 day bender :D

FUNNY !!!!

But this has been the difference, as you say.

Not only scientific & development based management by Gerrard & his team, but also picking up great professionals such as Davis, Jack, Arfield, etc for more or less nothing, we have been astute in our procurement.

And that’s before you think about what we will get in the years ahead for Morelos, Kamara, Kent, Aribo, Patterson ?

Over confidence was that mobs downfall. After been awarded the league last season, they thought it was a mere formality that they would win the 20/21 Title.
I think they can certainly be accused of that when appointing Lennon.

Had they pushed the boat out for another manager of Rodgers quality or better we may not be about to celebrate winning the title (although when you look at our stats it’s difficult to imagine anyone bettering us).

Instead they were so sure that TIAR was a formality they went for the cheap option (in more ways than one) and it’s backfired spectacularly costing both Lennon and Lawwell their jobs in the process.

They need to get their replacements spot on or they could be trailing in our wake for several years to come.

Here’s hoping!

I think there is a neat contrast in how our good runs in Europe speeded up our progress and theirs the opposite.
For that not only do Gerrard and his team deserve praise, it's a reminder how important alfie has been for us overall as he was really the main man in those tight European games. Those goals have even more significance now as they probably helped pay for the likes of Hagi and Kent level players seasons earlier than we might have otherwise afforded.

Celtic are going to win 20 in a row.

That’s the belief of the man who used to run Scotland’s top-flight.

Roger Mitchell reckons that Hoops chief executive Peter Lawwell is doing such a remarkable job off the pitch that he’ll create a record-breaking Premiership dynasty with boss Brendan Rodgers.

Oh dear......

- Celtic didn't even make it past 8.75 in a row
- Rodgers is now referred to as "the rat" by them
- Lawwell hounded out and leaving with his tail tucked firmly under his legs.

Mitchell said: “I think Peter Lawwell is aware that he has the chance to really leave an important legacy at Celtic.

11:36 PM - 1 day ago#15081
Poundshop Littlefinger.

10:56 AM - Feb 28#15063
Can’t wait for Lawwell to leave. Feel like I’ve been ranting at clouds about this grossly-overpaid charlatan for aeons

12:45 PM - Feb 28#15069
Him and his cronies incompetence has left us in a mess this year.

3:23 PM - 1 day ago#15075
Hello Peter. Before you step down, probably with an attack on the Celtic support as a last hurrah, let's not forget that the rather inept board members you surrounded yourself with, also need to go.

6:04 PM - 1 day ago#15076
I hope in 5 years time we can look back and see just how much this small time accountant playing at director of football held us back.

He deserves more contempt than anyone in the history of the club and it’s a disgrace that he was allowed to worm his way into the kind of power he has.

Have told this before, one of the Tim’s from my now closed local as bitter as they come, banged into him after the game when their player wore the police hat.
After a the initial pleasantries he said” we would never beat them again in his lifetime” that’s how deluded they are.

They got a wee fright when Warburton got us promotion and we beat them in the semi final, so they upgraded Doolally to Rodgers.
Then the complacency set in. We struggled in the top division as Warburton was proved to be out his depth and for some bizarre reason we brought Pedro in so they thought we couldn’t get back to a decent level and they thought Rodgers would keep winning everything.
Even when we brought Stevie in they dismissed him as a “youth coach” but we looked beyond that, at the man himself. Whether Rodgers saw what was coming or whether he had just used them to pay the bills until a Premiership job came up I don’t know, but when he left they made the fatal error of thinking the cheap and available Lennon was enough, with Rodgers legacy, to keep their winning run going.
They were too arrogant to look across the city and take notice of what we were doing under Gerrard - bringing the right people in, on and off the pitch, putting a solid foundation in place.
While everything clicked into place here, it was falling apart over there under an imposter of a manager who leaves every club he’s been at in a mess.

with them. Their arrogance has contributed to their downfall.

That pleases me immensely every time I think about it.

Isn’t it marvellous B-D
Especially when they thought their can you see the Rangers coming canny see a thing patter was funny when the fact was they didn’t see us coming until we where so far in front of them ,that fat whank up the Empire State Building giving it this shit would throw himself off it now .

Unless Desmond has a cunning plan i cant see them getting anywhere near us in the short term.

I doubt if any manager of note would touch that place and if they go ahead and appoint someone from within be it Brown or another ex 'leg end' even better.

Or was it £50 million?

Then they'll realise.
I would rather beat them in a semi-final to deny them the opportunity to infest a final.

I think it was Celtic Quick News (CQN) that produced an article before the season started, basically saying the system and processes in place at the piggery were constructed to ensure that they could never not win the league, Ever! That’s how arrogant they were, so arrogant they thought they could muddle through and still win it.

The secret, don’t forget about the secret that can never be spoken about.

After their crookery to send us down the divisions, they had a clear 9 years to make a name for themselves on the European stage and they've failed miserably. If anything, they are even bigger laughing stock in European competition than before, while we enjoy amazingly positive results and PR off the pitch. Karma is a wonderful thing.

They played a BIG part in our troubles,John Reid and friends had a field day,I cannot prove it but eventually the truth will come out it always does,but just think about that for a moment s club trying to kill off thier biggest rivals because of what,it was and still is JEALOUSY they would love to be us.

They played a BIG part in our troubles,John Reid and friends had a field day,I cannot prove it but eventually the truth will come out it always does,but just think about that for a moment s club trying to kill off thier biggest rivals because of what,it was and still is JEALOUSY they would love to be us.
This.

Back