They thought we’d never catch up

MiEJ8YP.png

They got a wee fright when Warburton got us promotion and we beat them in the semi final, so they upgraded Doolally to Rodgers.
Then the complacency set in. We struggled in the top division as Warburton was proved to be out his depth and for some bizarre reason we brought Pedro in so they thought we couldn’t get back to a decent level and they thought Rodgers would keep winning everything.
Even when we brought Stevie in they dismissed him as a “youth coach” but we looked beyond that, at the man himself. Whether Rodgers saw what was coming or whether he had just used them to pay the bills until a Premiership job came up I don’t know, but when he left they made the fatal error of thinking the cheap and available Lennon was enough, with Rodgers legacy, to keep their winning run going.
They were too arrogant to look across the city and take notice of what we were doing under Gerrard - bringing the right people in, on and off the pitch, putting a solid foundation in place.
While everything clicked into place here, it was falling apart over there under an imposter of a manager who leaves every club he’s been at in a mess.

In total agreement with you, celtic arrogance, as soon as Rodgers left and lennon took over that was the them on the downward spiral, and their fans hadn't a clue, but we did. WATP

Over confidence was that mobs downfall. After been awarded the league last season, they thought it was a mere formality that they would win the 20/21 Title.

Meanwhile, over at Ibrox, Steven Gerrard's blueprint was becoming an unstoppable machine, that not only over took them, but completely derailed them.

No one gets in the way of the 55 Express.
I think they thought they would be handed it a second time.

Neil Lennon: Celtic are going for 15 titles in a row​

NEIL Lennon last night admitted he wanted Celtic to win 15 league titles in a row. and smash Rangers' record of 54 titles into the bargain.

How did that work out Neic ? Instead of concentrating on 9.75 he wanted to go straight
to 15.
So he acknowledged our 54 titles? Even more reason for them to hate him

55 (+7*) vs 45 (+6**)

* 7 WWI titles
1 Rangers deducted 12 points
4 Rangers demoted.
1 Awarded - incomplete season.
was about to post this 55 times we have beaten the scum sceptic rats to the title over a whole season they have done it 45 times WATP Lest We Forget

I will be forever convinced that the scam/plot that resulted in Rangers being demoted to the basement of Scottish football, was hatched in part order to break us financially.

The thinking went along the lines of - if celtic, during Rangers absence from the SPL have unimpeded access to the substantial CL monies that go with participation in that tournament, then celtic will be able to build up a huge financial advantage from which Rangers would never be able to recover. Moreover, even when Rangers eventually do return to the SPL, they are unlikely to be in a position to seriously challenge celtic for several years - indeed, if ever. The in-built financial advantages this situation conferred on celtic would enable them to acquire superior quality players thus cementing their on-field dominance. It was a shrewd, clever scheme, that would likely ensure celtic piling up triple trebles in perpetuity

But in the words of the great bard - “...The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley....” And so it was to be with the bheasts. After a few initial stumbles and blunders, Rangers drew the equivalent of an inside straight - they persuaded Stephen Gerrard - one of the great midfielders of his generation, admired and respected throughout the football world - to become the new Rangers manager. At a stroke, the situation was transformed. Gerrard's presence, coupled with the heroic efforts of Dave King to sort out the clubs finances and administration, breathed new life into the Rangers corpse, and suddenly we saw the undeniable signs of a rebirth.

What we couldn't see or anticipate was how quickly celtic would fold at the first serious challenge they had to face in a decade. With Gerrard at the helm, celtic folded like a cheap suit. Who could possibly have imagined that the league title would be over by mid March? Yet here we are, it is Rangers that are cruising along, setting new records on the field, and gaining new respect off it in the wider football world, whilst celtic are in turmoil, managerless and rife with player discontent.

What a year!!!

They played a BIG part in our troubles,John Reid and friends had a field day,I cannot prove it but eventually the truth will come out it always does,but just think about that for a moment s club trying to kill off thier biggest rivals because of what,it was and still is JEALOUSY they would love to be us.

...and sectarian hatred.

They are a filthy cowardly dishonest club which they and their breed of mhanky supporters deserve each other, I hope one day they get punted down to the lowest tier of Scottish football so we can see how they cope with the turmoil and struggles. It must torment them that Glasgow Rangers never died and that in one season their decade of diluted, deluded,unchallenged success has been laid to waste by their better and bigger rivals who they hate more than they like their own rancid club. Enjoy skulking back to your sewers you vermin shite.
Nice wee read :))

From 2012 they had the perfect chance to bring in a half decent manager who could win the league at a canter but could also help them progress in Europe.

They stuck with Lennon and then Delia but they came up short in Europe.
Their model of selling players for big money and dependency on qualifying for the cl has come back to bite them on the arse as the conveyor belt of players and cl football are no guarantee of success as it can dry up very quickly.

There is a lesson in there for us as well when it comes to selling players and dependecy on euro football as well.

I will be forever convinced that the scam/plot that resulted in Rangers being demoted to the basement of Scottish football, was hatched in part order to break us financially.

The thinking went along the lines of - if celtic, during Rangers absence from the SPL have unimpeded access to the substantial CL monies that go with participation in that tournament, then celtic will be able to build up a huge financial advantage from which Rangers would never be able to recover. Moreover, even when Rangers eventually do return to the SPL, they are unlikely to be in a position to seriously challenge celtic for several years - indeed, if ever. The in-built financial advantages this situation conferred on celtic would enable them to acquire superior quality players thus cementing their on-field dominance. It was a shrewd, clever scheme, that would likely ensure celtic piling up triple trebles in perpetuity

But in the words of the great bard - “...The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley....” And so it was to be with the bheasts. After a few initial stumbles and blunders, Rangers drew the equivalent of an inside straight - they persuaded Stephen Gerrard - one of the great midfielders of his generation, admired and respected throughout the football world - to become the new Rangers manager. At a stroke, the situation was transformed. Gerrard's presence, coupled with the heroic efforts of Dave King to sort out the clubs finances and administration, breathed new life into the Rangers corpse, and suddenly we saw the undeniable signs of a rebirth.

What we couldn't see or anticipate was how quickly celtic would fold at the first serious challenge they had to face in a decade. With Gerrard at the helm, celtic folded like a cheap suit. Who could possibly have imagined that the league title would be over by mid March? Yet here we are, it is Rangers that are cruising along, setting new records on the field, and gaining new respect off it in the wider football world, whilst celtic are in turmoil, managerless and rife with player discontent.

What a year!!!
If you're quoting Burns, I'm quoting Shakespeare. "Beware the ides of March."

I actually think the whole Fullarton/Reid scandal got away from them. There is no way they wanted Rangers all the way down. Yes financially "nailed to the floor" but only one league down and financially hamstrung. Don't forget how much they lost when we weren't in the league. Their 2 or 3rd tainted title was with several sections of their stadium closed down. Their militant supporters, emboldened by Lennon's antics and then made powerful by the empty seats elsewhere, would ensure that the club became more and more anti-Rangers.

It would take a whole day to go over everything I have to say on this; suffice to say that they underestimated us and are BEGINNING to pay the price for it. Winning the league is justice for being the best side in the country by a long way. Payback is another matter. Let's grind them into the dust and make this next decade the roaring 20s.

The sleeping giants always awaken
They are not dead, but simply asleep
When they awaken from their slumber
They are still giants

The sleeping beauties always waken
And always recover their crowns

The good guys always win
The bad guys lose and die

Sometimes real life mimics fairy tales
We are real life
We are the People!

with them. Their arrogance has contributed to their downfall.

That pleases me immensely every time I think about it.

Isn’t it marvellous B-D

People like Ph'ill have contributed, kept them all sated by stories of admin round the corner. They believed it and were too blind to see what whas happening. It also contributed to their own downfall by keeping eyes of Liewell, the law of unintended consequences!

I'll say this, they can fukin see us now!

Their arrogance and contempt to our challenge has been their downfall.
They could/should have been well out of sight if they invested their european money wisely and strengthened their squad over the first few years when we were in lower leagues.
Instead they took it for granted that 10 was a certainty and we that would never recover.

If you're quoting Burns, I'm quoting Shakespeare. "Beware the ides of March."

I actually think the whole Fullarton/Reid scandal got away from them. There is no way they wanted Rangers all the way down. Yes financially "nailed to the floor" but only one league down and financially hamstrung. Don't forget how much they lost when we weren't in the league. Their 2 or 3rd tainted title was with several sections of their stadium closed down. Their militant supporters, emboldened by Lennon's antics and then made powerful by the empty seats elsewhere, would ensure that the club became more and more anti-Rangers.
Actually I believe they had a two-pronged strategy in mind. The first option was the one I described where Rangers would be locked in perpetuity into a position of financial inferiority to celtic, unable ever to match them in the quality of players they signed. This would lead inevitably to option two - their REAL objective, which was : after winning the SPL 10-15 times or more on the trot by huge point margins, they would petition UEFA and the EPL to make a one time exception and permit them to switch leagues, using as justification the lop-sided, wholly uncompetitive nature of the SPL, which celtic clearly had 'outgrown'.

Had Gerrard not came on the scene, and they won their ten-in-a-row, and then embarked on yet another ten-in-row campaign, Reid, Lawwelll, would have gone all in for game set and match - to get celtic out of Scottish football, leaving Rangers behind.

Actually I believe they had a two-pronged strategy in mind. The first option was the one I described where Rangers would be locked in perpetuity into a position of financial inferiority to celtic, unable ever to match them in the quality of players they signed. This would lead inevitably to option two - their REAL objective, which was : after winning the SPL 10-15 times or more on the trot by huge point margins, they would petition UEFA and the EPL to make a one time exception and permit them to switch leagues, using as justification the lop-sided, wholly uncompetitive nature of the SPL, which celtic clearly had 'outgrown'.

Had Gerrard not came on the scene, and they won their ten-in-a-row, and then embarked on yet another ten-in-row campaign, Reid, Lawwelll, would have gone all in for game set and match - to get celtic out of Scottish football, leaving Rangers behind.
The only wrench in that particular machine, is their lack of ability in Association Football. Every year in Europe got progressively worse, they never really pressed home their free hits at the CL. Eventually they had to punt any decent player they could to keep the books balanced.

While that will be the case again this year, the market isn’t what it was just a couple of years ago and the number of players out of contract or coming into the last year, they’ll be losing several key players for very little return. To say nothing of the loan players returning. They also have recruited several absolute duds on, presumably on decent contracts.
You’d also imagine their marketability just tanked. I’m sure someone at Adidas will be”Spending more time with their family” over that debacle.

They have no manager, an inexperienced CEO, disillusioned supporters and a majority shareholder who doesn’t seem to care.
Their only chance next season is a massive investment in the players and a high profile manager who excites their support. Even that is no guarantee of success.

Thanks Stevie G! Stuff of their nightmares.

See if the roles were reversed, I'd be fcuking raging with our board. In all honesty, they should've been light years away from us. We should've been a speck in their rear view mirror. Whilst we were toiling in the 3rd tier they should've been raking in CL millions. They weren't!
Their hatred & hubris has brought this about. They just couldn't process the idea that we would get back as quick (even though it was a year late!) or be able to offer any kind of proper fight so soon after being back in the top tier.
They are now in the position that they are the 1s that have to do the rebuilding & i hope their continued head in the sand attitude carries on as they've - as far as I can see - a big distance to make up as it is!
55 is coming Bears, We all are the people! Let the celebrations commence! B-D

The video of Lennon, Sutton, Craigan sniggering and laughing at us during the Pedro years and Kevin Thomson having to hold his tounge will stick with me. They mocked us to a man and couldn’t contemplate we would ever get our act together.

FUNNY !!!!

But this has been the difference, as you say.

Not only scientific & development based management by Gerrard & his team, but also picking up great professionals such as Davis, Jack, Arfield, etc for more or less nothing, we have been astute in our procurement.

And that’s before you think about what we will get in the years ahead for Morelos, Kamara, Kent, Aribo, Patterson ?
Thing is Grigo, they are still absolutely deluded. On their board, one mentalist says that to be a good team, you have to have beaten a good team.

Other guy in the conversation was mildly objective with his views on us, the mentalist continued ‘name a good team’ but he left the best for last saying we are ‘only a team of ageing pros who are well drilled’. I was so tempted to set up a fake account and ask the weapon what ‘good team/s’ have the rattlers beaten since they tried to kill us. His own argument means his own team are not a good team, absolute spangle.

They honestly think they are wiping the floor with us next year, they are absolute crackpots and their arrogance knows no bounds.

What a year!!!
It’s been over since November, welcome to the party!

Thing is Grigo, they are still absolutely deluded. On their board, one mentalist says that to be a good team, you have to have beaten a good team.

Other guy in the conversation was mildly objective with his views on us, the mentalist continued ‘name a good team’ but he left the best for last saying we are ‘only a team of ageing pros who are well drilled’. I was so tempted to set up a fake account and ask the weapon what ‘good team/s’ have the rattlers beaten since they tried to kill us. His own argument means his own team are not a good team, absolute spangle.

They honestly think they are wiping the floor with us next year, they are absolute crackpots and their arrogance knows no bounds.

Well said Cromwell.

We are a cracking team this year. Taking 9 goals off of the second top in Belgium ? Scoring 5 against Benfica ? We’ve had 25/30 top class goals this season.

Mind you, when we got our 9IAR, a fair amount of our fans were arrogant. They also took our success at that time for granted. So given their blind hatred of us & our club, I fully expected them to be like this.

For me, the best part of it is, it’s those scums arrogance that has killed their players spirits the way they reacted to a couple of bad results after we beat them.

As Lou Reed said - Perfect Day - ‘You’re gonna reap what you sow’.

GIRUY Scum. Judgment Day is here.

Back