"They'll definitely be better than last season"?

Nonsense, we haven't got out of second gear yet, there is plenty to come from us. That mob would have been in the carpark tonight if we had gone 6 ahead at this stage, an opportunity missed, but we have plenty to improve on.
You can only really say that if we’re capable of turning it up a gear when needed. That has not been the case.

It's early days but it looks like their recruitment has not been good again. Kyogo aside ( And he will run out of steam IMO ) They are already losing patience with Starman, Juranovic and McCarthy. Jota and Abada are to lightweight and the triple named guy has still to bed in. If we get our own house in order then they will become irrelevant.

I know that I'm sounding like a broken record but a fit Ryan Jack is pivotal to our season. The first half of last season we played the best football under SG. It is not a coincidence that our form dipped as soon as Jack started to get injuries.

Getting Hagi back will also help.
Jack and Hagi are huge losses. I can't wait until they are both back.

I just don't get your post.

Anyone who thinks Hibs will finish above the yahoos, for me, is deluded. Don't take it personally, as I hope you are correct. But even based on their so called meltdown last season, they still finished comfortably ahead of Hibs.

PS, when was the last time 'one of the pack' put a run of form to put them past the yahoos?

As for the 80 point thing. Thursday just past has proved that you could win 100 odd points in Scotland, but if you haven't got the required quality for a higher level those domestic points don't make a difference.
No worries. My point is they are no better than the pack this season and we appear to have gone backwards albeit not as far as them so we have fallen back towards the pack. It's not deluded at all to think they have regressed that far. I'm confident we'll win the league even considering our form but there's no room for complacency. And as you suggest, we need to improve a fair bit to make an impact in Europe.

Fair enough but IMO our current form and our list of injuries doesn't even look like a 80 point season. Most seasons one of the pack hits a run of form that would certainly put them past the bheggar's current form.
And without making assumptions yet of winning the league, if we want to make an impression on the CL next year, then we want to do better than 80 points.

IMO Hibs look most likely to be 2nd this season and they won't be as far behind as Celtic were last season.
I'll be honest, I stopped reading your post after you said you don't think Rangers will win 80 points.

You honestly think that?

Your original post, from memory, said our finishing was awful. All I said was we scored, debatable or not is irrelevant, and that their goalie made one really good save and a few other expected saves. Now, if you're changing the argument to decision making rather than finishing then I'm in total agreement with you, Davis to Kamara during the 3 on 2 when we were still 1-0 up being the glaringly obvious one. My concerns are further back the pitch tbh. The sooner Jack and Helander are back the better imo as they are crucial to how we play and it's no coincidence we lose very few goals with those 2 in the team.

They're garbage but as our form is also poor, this season doesn't look like being the usual two horse race. Hibs and Hearts have to be considered until we put them out of sight which we won't do with performances like today
I will give you whatever odds you wish on either Hibs or Hearts winning the league.

Just wait until their Greek striker starts firing. There is going to be many a keepers career ended through injury I've been hearing.

It wasn't until the 13th game last year that they'd dropped 9 points.

Took them 6 games this year.

Be interesting to see if they do exceed 77 points...

You’ve got to think they’ll hit a run of 5/6/7 wins at some point, I just hope we don’t regret throwing away five points in our first six games if it happens.

We drew 1-1 with Motherwell last season in a performance very much like today's.
There were certain teams that gave us some issues last season. Dundee Utd we beat last season because of set pieces away from home, this season we didn’t have the same luck away and they beat us. Same with Motherwell last season they gave us a couple of hard games, one game we came out on top, the other we managed a draw. It’s not a surprise both teams gave us issues this season as well.

The run of fixtures for nov,dec,jan got brought up last season and we won pretty much every one of those games. It’ll be the same this season imo, the players relish those kinds of games thur-sun every week. It’s when we play at our best. Kent will hopefully be back from injury and be back to his best, because I’m pretty sure it was an injury holding him back for the seaside so far.

We are one defeat away from disaster. Watch on here as the usual loonies give Aberdeen no chance of getting a point against them soon. Apparently they have team meetings discussing how not to try.

If Rangers can win the next two league matches our lead over everyone will be increased.

Great to be top of the league but we should be feeling much more confident - let's make a statement by pumping Livingstone tomorrow and go on from there

Fair point, but to counter it, we were never going to be able to keep up last seasons results/performances it was once in a generation stuff from us, the fact that they are worse when everyone, myself included didn’t think that was possible would terrify me if I was a Celtic fan.
No one should have expected this season to be a continuation of last term. As you say it was once-in-a-generation stuff. League wise, it is the one and only time since 1899, some one-hundred and twenty two years before, that we've went undefeated in the league.

But it really doesn't matter now, it's done. It was wonderful, magical and will live with us forever. But it's done.

The only thing that matters today is the insipid, peurile, pedestrian garbage we've been treated to so far domestically and in Europe and we're nearly into October.

Because of our failings we have allowed them still to have hope when there should be none.

If you think we're just going to come good, then fair enough. I want to see some proof of it. And looking good and passing the ball in the first half on Sunday, without actually making real chances, is not proof.

You’ve got to think they’ll hit a run of 5/6/7 wins at some point, I just hope we don’t regret throwing away five points in our first six games if it happens.
We could win 5/6/7 and they will regret throwing away nine points in the first six games. See how it works?

No one should have expected this season to be a continuation of last term. As you say it was once-in-a-generation stuff. League wise, it is the one and only time since 1899, some one-hundred and twenty two years before, that we've went undefeated in the league.

But it really doesn't matter now, it's done. It was wonderful, magical and will live with us forever. But it's done.

The only thing that matters today is the insipid, peurile, pedestrian garbage we've been treated to so far domestically and in Europe and we're nearly into October.

Because of our failings we have allowed them still to have hope when there should be none.

If you think we're just going to come good, then fair enough. I want to see some proof of it. And looking good and passing the ball in the first half on Sunday, without actually making real chances, is not proof.

Spot on. Psychology plays a massive role in sport, especially football. If they were even 6 points behind us at this early stage, Pep Portaloo would be under serious scrutiny already and dissent in the Piggery ranks growing. We let him off the hook with that poor second half performance at Ibrox on Sunday.

It wasn't until the 13th game last year that they'd dropped 9 points.

Took them 6 games this year.

Be interesting to see if they do exceed 77 points...
They won 8 of their first 9, drawing the other last season. October, when we beat them at Parkhead started the rot for them, they won 1 of their next 5 league games after that. I’m surprised the swashbuckling Australian hasn’t been getting it tight from them yet. I like this Angeball system, it’s working just fine.

Back