They're going to let member clubs vote on void vs current

Our fans won’t boycott, it’s personal choice but some enjoy the away day more than hurting our enemies. I don’t blame them as let’s face it the leadership from our club is abject. Why should they bother when the club do nothing?
Personally football has become nothing to me as this had progressed. I was already scunnered at our board management on a number of levels. The players not taking a single penny of a cut was another blow and this inevitable charade with yet another fucking pointless statement from our board is as predictable as day follows night.

Gonna be a long time till I care about football again.

Im trying to wean myself off it but its a hard habit to beat after spending so many years following.

Its becoming unbearable.

We have zero influence and even fewer friends, which is amazing considering our journey back up the leagues. Look at the carefully placed SPL stooges all stating Celtic should be given the title in the previous weeks, flying in the face of logic. Christ, even Charlie Nick said they cannot just be given the title.

Right now, only uefa are scaring them, but uefa are only really worried about themselves and the big leagues.

As a fan we need Rangers to take this as far as possible, we have entered a competition which has changed the rules whilst still in play, surely that is a case we can win.

Great post mate.
I agree 100% mate. We are the mugs of Scottish football and our board and fans are shat on constantly. We just take it on the chin and get up again and continue as if nothing had happened by offering olive branches to other clubs board members, tv companies and then buy up as many away tickets as we can. We are the heartbeat of the scottish game yet do nothing to hurt the haters.

If our club are serious about resisting this absurdity they need to make it clear that if this Putin style ‘vote’ succeeds and they do award the tainted title to them our club will under no circumstances be accepting tickets for away games.

The Association of Rangers supporters club should also issue a statement saying they would not under any circumstances be seeking to obtain tickets for away matches.

The supporters who refuse point blank to support any boycott agreed between the club and supporters associations should have their season tickets revoked.

Wake up people we are very close to the stage where there is no longer any point attempting to win any trophies in Scotland as 41 out of 42 clubs are quite content to see Celtic win everything without a ball being kicked.

Think about that and let the absurdity of it sink in.

Football is pointless without competition.

Sorry, I've not read every post. But, if there are contractual problems with the league null and void, aren't they still there if some arbitrary system is used to stop the season today. There are no more games to cover on TV, 2 Rangers vs Celtic games aren't going to happen, a rating busting race to the finish won't happen.

BTW, if you think that Celtic will want the games played out, think again. I'll write their press release right now.
"No one in the Celtic Family is thinking of football at present. Out thoughts are with those people and families who are sick or have lose loved ones. Our Football operations have been stopped for some time now, we have excused our players training to be with their families throughout the world. We agree with the British Government that we should still practice social distancing. Given the passion of the greatest fans in the world, we know they will gather to see the Hoops win another tainted title.

PS we've managed to buy and sell a couple of players during this time. If we don't get what we want we'll pull out the tactical mourning card again.

Am I missing something here.
Is it a vote for all leagues the spfl because uefa have told them they can’t just now.

Voting to end the Championship downwards on current positions. No vote on the Premier League yet - since they are shitting it from UEFA - but the direction of travel is clear.

So nothing has changed for us then because there is no way the poets will risk not playing in Europe next season.

So nothing has changed for us then because there is no way the poets will risk not playing in Europe next season.

That's an optimistic way to look at it. I suspect, eventually, it will dawn on Football Associations across Europe - and maybe even on UEFA - that we won't be playing football this side of October. When that happens the dam will break and one of the big 5 leagues will end their season in the same way planned for the Championship and lower leagues in Scotland. The rubber stamping to do the same in our Premier League will take but a day. We have no support for a 'null and void' outcome other than from clubs at the bottom of their respective divisions. They've ensured this goes to a vote as an Ordinary Resolution so it doesn't require 11-1 approval at Premier League level. Liewell has done us up like a kipper. Again. Though he has plenty allies assisting him.

I agree 100% mate. We are the mugs of Scottish football and our board and fans are shat on constantly. We just take it on the chin and get up again and continue as if nothing had happened by offering olive branches to other clubs board members, tv companies and then buy up as many away tickets as we can. We are the heartbeat of the scottish game yet do nothing to hurt the haters.

With you CB;)

Thanks fella. I've been far too passive in the past on club issues. Just really feel strongly that every voice needs to stand up for the club on this one.

Every single voice, and nobody should be happy to just be a passenger and await the glory days coming back

Absolutely. And supporting your comment, they way we are being treated, and responding, the glory days coming back will take longer.

The refereeing decisions during recent months, and the SFA response to them, were an illustration of that.

There's plenty to have a dig at Robertson about but I think getting outvoted as 1 man on a 9 person SPFL Board isn't one of them. You might not fully understand his role at Ibrox but I'm sure you can figure that much out.

I'm sorry mate, hugely respect your voice on here.

But if you are happy to accept someone in a position of power at Rangers who at a crucial time shows they have had little to no impact on the outcome of a major decision then I fear for what comes next.

Robertson has said we wont be found wanting. If it turns out we are found wanting, then I dont see how his position at the club is tenable?

Let them have it.

"That's us on 9/10/11/36 in a row?"

"Not really because you never won the 9th one."

Consecutive titles is only worth bragging rights between the two clubs. Means nothing else. This will make those rights worthless.

correctafuckingmundo. If you don’t win it, you haven’t won it.

I don’t agree with them being awarded the title but this would leave ‘in a row’ at eight and anything else in tatters.

Last edited:
I'm sorry mate, hugely respect your voice on here.

But if you are happy to accept someone in a position of power at Rangers who at a crucial time shows they have had little to no impact on the outcome of a major decision then I fear for what comes next.

Robertson has said we wont be found wanting. If it turns out we are found wanting, then I dont see how his position at the club is tenable?

You are conflating two issues here. Nobody, but nobody, on a 9 person Board can exert influence unless they have the support of others. It really is that simple. For all you know Robertson may have stood in that meeting stamping his feet and throwing his toys about in protest - a frightening image - but it wasn't going to get him anywhere.

Criticise Robertson as much as you like, I'm happy to join you where its deserved, but he's not deserving of criticism simply for being out-voted - and I highly doubt he was responsible for concocting this plan, which was what you first alluded to.

I share your view hes not 'dynamic' enough for his position at Rangers but its unfair to hold him responsible for this abomination today.

mate we have loads on here wanting more tickets for away games than we already receive,our support will be queuing up to fill these grounds no matter what get done to us,surely to hell we all know this now,after the way we were treated in 2012 we still filled their ground ,so awarding the mentally challengeds a title isn't going to deter them,i would add that i do realise that people are perfectly entitled to take what ever decision they like in this matter,but for any of us to think a boycott of grounds is going to work is just fanciful nonsense im afraid

People talk about the apathy of the club. The support is no different. The scum will get their tainted title and apart from some outrage on here, the bulk of the Rangers support will just shrug their shoulders and carry on as normal.
Until we all get united to fight the corruption against us and us alone, we will continue ever closer to becoming another Hearts or Hibs.

You are conflating two issues here. Nobody, but nobody, on a 9 person Board can exert influence unless they have the support of others. It really is that simple. For all you know Robertson may have stood in that meeting stamping his feet and throwing his toys about in protest - a frightening image - but it wasn't going to get him anywhere.

Criticise Robertson as much as you like, I'm happy to join you where its deserved, but he's not deserving of criticism simply for being out-voted - and I highly doubt he was responsible for concocting this plan, which was what you first alluded to.

I share your view hes not 'dynamic' enough for his position at Rangers but its unfair to hold him responsible for this abomination today.

Might sound stupid here mate but do youthink Robertson knew he’d get fucked over by this lot and has went down a different path and that’s what this statements all about?

Might sound stupid here mate but do youthink Robertson knew he’d get fucked over by this lot and has went down a different path and that’s what this statements all about?

Nah, we've been shafted - not entirely unexpectedly because we have few allies - and this statement is just a means to 'make some noise' and make it clear to all that the SPFL protestations that they cannot distribute the money without awarding the title were absolute bullshit. Nothing will be changed unless UEFA force it (highly unlikely).

Last edited:
It’s difficult but let’s just wait and see what happens before we get too hyper.
Not easy I know but it’s all speculation at the moment.
There’s rumours of a more stricter lockdown being put in place so I doubt there’ll be any football anytime soon.
We can’t be too vocal about our board until we know what’s going to happen whenever that may be.
If/when that happens that will be the time to judge.
WATP.

This is what lawwell was banging on about when he claimed there would be "Serious Consequences" if the season was nullified.
He’s going to send his mates from the Ardoyne up to visit the SPFL?

I have never bought the whole “null and void can’t happen due to contracts” nonsense. It’s an excuse and until someone can actually prove to me that those sponsors would be willing to sue over a null and void scenario then I don’t believe a word of it. As said above, how would calling it complete now have any different bearing on the contractual obligations to show x games etc? It’s a total sham.

The game in Scotland may as well be honest, run by poets for poets.

If votes are required could Celtic's recent Hollicom PR about the child abuse come back to haunt them? They have been trying their best to drag every club into it. But then again if sporting integrity means so little to them all they'll probably not worry too much about moral integrity either.

Voting to end the Championship downwards on current positions. No vote on the Premier League yet - since they are shitting it from UEFA - but the direction of travel is clear.

Once they've voted to end it now and award prizes based on current standings its hard to imagine them doing anything different for the top league. Its so obvious what they are doing.

The 11-1 wont come into play.
It will be all 42 clubs voting and as they have no cash will be desperate for situation to be resolved.
Can see a number voting against it, us, hearts and other affecred by relegation, play offs etc
This is a way for SPFL to walk away from this saying it was members not us.
In a full and transparent world who voted for what should be made known and as someone already said vote with our feet. They will need our money more than ever
%^*& em
As Rangers must be at the table with regards votes sure3ly we must know the way every team votes and for the results to become public knowledge should not be too hard to achieve

Why's Raman reporting from outside The Piggery?

It's all part of the conditioning. There's no need whatsoever for him to be there.

*Now showing footage of last seasons title party.

Can see right through it.

Make no mistake they’re getting awarded it, right reason or none.
They’ll already be preparing the comms strategy for how they’ll sell their un-won title to every unsuspecting other person in Scotland / UK and how they totally deserve it and why no one should be allowed to say otherwise unless you’re a bigot

All about Celtic being ‘awarded’ the title and working their way back from there.

There are many possible solutions to this but they’ve came up with the only one that dangles prize money in front of clubs and hints at a hitherto unmentioned reconstruction to buy everyone else off. Only UEFA are stopping them awarding the totally tainted title now.

Blatantly corrupt as usual, it’s never been clearer the entire game in Scotland is run for the benefit of it’s most poisonous club.

All being done as a priority for the place men while a worldwide pandemic has taken hold and normal people are prioritizing their health and livelihoods.

Last edited:
Why's Raman reporting from outside The Piggery?

It's all part of the conditioning. There's no need whatsoever for him to be there.

*Now showing footage of last season's title party.

Can see right through it.

Its because they're trying to be neutral. If there's a negative story they'll report from outside Ibrox. If its positive its parkhead. That's fair, isnt it?

Interesting to note what the point gap they are using for justification would be if not for blatantly corrupt officials?

All clubs voting to "get it up the huns!" With zero regard to their own clubs. Let them tie their own nooses.

This is acomplete falsehood theykeep peddling. Any good journalist should be asking; what specific contractual problems and what possible litigation?

There is none realistically.

On this as well. For sponsors etc. what difference does it make whether a champion is awarded? For them it is about exposure of the league games being played. Surely the only contractual issue is whether the games are played or not, not whether their is a winner or not.

Isn’t it part of his remit to gain the support of these other clubs, surely that is part of the reason he was brought in in the first place? If the vote is 11-1, or only those threatened by relegation vote with us, that is a failure from Robertson in achieving the support of the rest of the clubs, who won't be massively affected and may even be better off if prize money is split evenly. He isn’t going to sway the vote, but I would at least expect him to have one ally within the league, or have influence over another club. If he hasn’t achieved that in the four or five years he’s been us and the rest at Motherwell, then we need someone who can, or they will hold the influence in every major decision to come.

Back