Things one has forgotten about the journey

I'd forgotten until a couple of days ago taking my 5 year old son to Ibrox v Stenhousemuir. We were 2-0 up then conceded a goal with about 15 minutes left and spent the rest of the game backs against the wall, desperately hanging on for victory against STENHOUSEMUIR ffs.
It all got too much at one point and I started bawling at the players. I looked round and my wee boy was in tears at his dad going mental. He's not been back since.
I'll never forget how low we fell - and how great it is to be back where we belong.

Pedro stood in a bush after losing to Progres, and still half of this forum supporting him.

The game against Motherwell where he took of 3 defenders at half time to bring on midfielders and forwards, resulting in a back 3 of Kiernan, Toral and Halliday.

Complete sense of wtf is going on round the stadium.

Speaking of Motherwell, the league cup semi where their player broke Cardoso's nose and got away with it.

The game against Motherwell where he took of 3 defenders at half time to bring on midfielders and forwards, resulting in a back 3 of Kiernan, Toral and Halliday.

Complete sense of wtf is going on round the stadium.

Speaking of Motherwell, the league cup semi where their player broke Cardoso's nose and got away with it.

Wasn’t that also his first game? Or at least, he did something similar that day too.

The joe dodo last minute winner at firhill.

The warburtons loaf video from outside the chippy at easter road.

Lee mcculloch scoring over 30 goals as a striker in the 3rd division.

Neil alexander and lee wallace apologising to the fans at FT after getting beat by stirling albion away on a cold wet midweek game.

Playing some div2 side and we’re losing 0-1 at Ibrox and super was standing on the touch line with arms folded in silence , I was in cr 5 that day and some bear from Falkirk beside me giving pelters to McCoist then leaving about 10 mins after half time B-D

0-0 away to Cowdenbeath under Kenny McDowall. The one and only time I have left a Rangers game at half time. I just couldn't take any more.

The joe dodo last minute winner at firhill.

The warburtons loaf video from outside the chippy at easter road.

Lee mcculloch scoring over 30 goals as a striker in the 3rd division.

Neil alexander and lee wallace apologising to the fans at FT after getting beat by stirling albion away on a cold wet midweek game.

The loss to Stirling Albion was on a Saturday. We did draw 1 each at the game I talked about earlier in the thread on a freezing cold Tuesday night in February.

btw. One of Albion's subs that night - Jordan White; current FF hero and Tim Slayer.

The loss to Stirling Albion was on a Saturday. We did draw 1 each at the game I talked about earlier in the thread on a freezing cold Tuesday night in February.

btw. One of Albion's subs that night - Jordan White; current FF hero and Tim Slayer.
You are probably correct, memory playing tricks, amazon how many memories iv blanked from that period.

Let me start this with off the park stunt.

I take you back six years to early 2015.

The three Bears had secured enough backing to legally request an EGM. The spivs regime, unbelievably, twice, tried to get it held in London, in an attempt to protect their vice-like death grip on our great club,

Thankfully, they were thwarted, and the rest, as they say is history, culminating in this glorious day.

The Rangers support is often (justifiably) criticised for being too fragmented, but at that time, thankfully, enough of us pulled together to see the Club restored on its path to greatness.
Its a bit like PTSD , I think I've shut down many of these hideous moments from my mind...

The Union Bears being absolutely slated for interrupting Greens speech during the time when he was wanting to rename Ibrox the Sports Direct Ibrox or something along those lines. Or their banner telling Ashley to %^*& off cause they were just ‘daft wee boys’

Did a well known poster from the old board not get pelters for a banner too? Maybe manfromdelmonte?

What was the American tournament game where the American commentator kept using their sports terms and we weren't used to it?

It wasn't "James Tavernier with the alleyoop" but something like that.

Losing to the tims in the Scottish Cup in 2015 was the closest I was to losing all hope. Felt like a wee team that day. Upsets happen and we’d always have daft struggles against sides coming up but I remember coming out that game thinking if we went up, would we be a top 6 side? It’s why I’m always so grateful to Warburton. His turnaround for all his flaws shouldn’t be forgotten.

Looking down at Bread Man & Pedro from the stands, and their posture, size shrinking into their suits. The stadium atmosphere utterly dead, sitting looking at what the seagulls are up to instead of directing my eyes towards the pitch. Weans greeting to go home, trying to gee them up - weekend ruined. Motherwell cup defeat was horrendous too, spent 500 quid for all the family to watch it.

Posted this earlier:

kU5pOTL.jpg

Massive respect to the guy.
thanks for that deserves to be up there!!

Getting beat from Stirling Albion when they were bottom of the 3rd division, had lost their last 5 and who's manager was away at a wedding. I wish I'd forgotten that.
I was at that game. Had the displeasure of sitting in the home end and I’ve never heard so much vicious sectarianism in all my years attending football matches.

I honestly liked that part - the final step to the premiership & Celtic humiliations (on the final step) were the brutal memories

Back