Thinking ahead today to the piggery...

We_are_the_prso

Was just thinking what my team would be...

Theres a few headaches. I woukd want to play tav Flanagan and barasic.

I would want to play coulibally Jack and arfield.

I would want to play 2 strikers.

I'm not critisicing Murphy candeias or Kent, they're all good players. But you don't always know what version of them you're going to get. I don't think we have a winger who is definitley a starter every week which concerns me. However this could also be viewed as a good thing.

Taking all my thoughts in to account I came up with this...

Shagger

Flanagan goldson katic

Tav arfield coulibally Jack barasic

Morelos lafferty

Onky assuming lafferty will sign and that all of these players will be available. I think this is the way to go for us. It's very solid defensively. It has numbers in midfield and 2 upfront. It's well balanced everywhere and we've got a strong midfield three Brown and Co aren't going to bully. It also stops us having to drop any of our key players. Unless somebody views candeias Murphy Kent or ejaria as key. I don't personally. Again though I'm not critisicing any of them.

Thoughts?

Hopefully the Gaffer had them watched today.

We need all the Intel we can get.

I trust SG implicitly - nobody can compete with his incredible Footballing Brain.

Full squad to pick we win easily

No we won’t and everyone getting ahead of themselves on here always leads to disappointment. I’m pleased it’s away as anything we get is a big positive. I’d take a draw right now. We’re a new team and will be playing after a Thursday night match. Draw this time and beat them at Ibrox and we’ll then be in a position to have genuine hope of great things this season. Right now it’s far too early.

Watched them today and honestly their defence is as bad as ours last year ffs.
They are poor from middle to back and if we press high and get in their faces we can destroy them.
That Jack Hendry is a total bomb scare we dodged one there for.
OP UR team would batter them imho!

That's a solid staring team. Let's hope we get Lafferty and everyone stays fit and free from suspension.

Watched them today and honestly their defence is as bad as ours last year ffs.
They are poor from middle to back and if we press high and get in their faces we can destroy them.
That Jack Hendry is a total bomb scare we dodged one there for.
OP UR team would batter them imho!
Seen a bit of game late on and they looked dodgy in defence and midfield although were quick on attack and that is where the danger will come from. Neutralise likes of forrest and mcgregor and we should do ok

Shagger

Flanagan goldson katic

Morelos lafferty

The manager has said that’ll we’ll different formations & set ups if & when the opposition require it so you may just be correct OP.

However we’ve got 3 big games before face the Orks so let’s focus on them first. Any injuries picked up in those matches could see us struggle come the 2nd of September.

I'm not critisicing Murphy candeias or Kent, they're all good players. But you don't always know what version of them you're going to get. I don't think we have a winger who is definitley a starter every week which concerns me. However this could also be viewed as a good thing.

Shagger

Flanagan goldson katic

Morelos lafferty

Onky assuming lafferty will sign and that all of these players will be available. I think this is the way to go for us. It's very solid defensively. It has numbers in midfield and 2 upfront. It's well balanced everywhere and we've got a strong midfield three Brown and Co aren't going to bully. It also stops us having to drop any of our key players. Unless somebody views candeias Murphy Kent or ejaria as key. I don't personally. Again though I'm not critisicing any of them.

Thoughts?

Yes I think I'm liking this, very much.

Depresses the life out of me that at a point where we are showing a bit of promise and progress people want to start messing with the shape and structure of the team. Depresses me even more people wanting lafferty to start at the piggery.

Wee Alfredo worries me that he will pick up a red as he can not control his temperament in the pressure cooker that comes with a game against them. I am sure Stevie will hammer this home to him and ensure that the more experienced players within the side look after the wee man

My only concern with 3-5-2 is the they have 2 wide players on each side, whereas we have 1, so that creates an overload on each wing.

Wee Alfredo worries me that he will pick up a red as he can not control his temperament in the pressure cooker that comes with a game against them. I am sure Stevie will hammer this home to him and ensure that the more experienced players within the side look after the wee man
He’s only been sent off once and it was over turned

Full squad to pick we win easily
Posts like this really bothers me, while i believe we are capable of beating them it's by no means an out and out certainty, it never is. If we win it won't be easy because make no mistake they are desperate to beat us in this game. probably more than any other in the last couple of years.
Like everyone else i'm hoping for a win, i don't think they're anything great but i'd take a draw out of the game.

I only hope we go there without any injuries or suspensions to key players. It seldom seems as though we have a full squad to pick from against them.

I like the OP's team. It'll be fascinating to see how SG handles it.

Agree we have games on plastic v Killie and v the thugs of Mwell with Scottish referees and 2 tough european games, would be great if we could go there without the usual suspensions and casualty list to contend with. One game at a time.

We have to go there and frustrate them for the first 45mins, if we can do that I would be confident we could win the game, make no mistake they are formidable at home, even in the 9 in a row era we had trouble winning at Porkheed, I would take a draw no problem.

Aye I know that but you got to admit he does get involved where it would be wiser at times just to walk away
Certainly he is a bit nutty but wouldn’t want him to tone down his aggressive as it’s a massive part of his game, off the ball I agree needs to maybe use his heads more but it’s hard when being provocted all game

Certainly he is a bit nutty but wouldn’t want him to tone down his aggressive as it’s a massive part of his game, off the ball I agree needs to maybe use his heads more but it’s hard when being provocted all game

That is what I would do if I was playing against him just constantly wind him up, foul him until he loses the plot in an effort to get him sent off. Have to agree aggression is good he just needs to learn to control his aggression

Where in his line up has he got Tav as a centre back and Barisic as a holding midfielder. He's went 4-3-3.

Mcgregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack arfield coulibaly
Candieas Murphy
Morelos

The players know the system.
Our Midfield make, 3, 4, or 5 at the back almost irrelevant if they play as well as they have been.
Tav and cand have a very good partnership on the right.
Murphy is more experienced than Kent.

It's effectively 4-5-1 when defending so floods the Midfield.

I just want to see how our system stands up to them instead of giving them too much respect by changing the way we play.

I trust that Gerrard knows what he's doing, so excited for this.

Depresses the life out of me that at a point where we are showing a bit of promise and progress people want to start messing with the shape and structure of the team. Depresses me even more people wanting lafferty to start at the piggery.
Mate calm doon. It's a discussion board. If we can't discuss this what can we discuss haha I never said I was going to shoot my daughter infront of my maw if we didn't play this team. %^*& me man. It's a fucking wee chat. Calm the %^*& doon

The manager has said that’ll we’ll different formations & set ups if & when the opposition require it so you may just be correct OP.

However we’ve got 3 big games before face the Orks so let’s focus on them first. Any injuries picked up in those matches could see us struggle come the 2nd of September.

Awwwwwwww for %^*& sake. Yous are aw mental. I know we will rotate. I know we will have injuries. I know we may not sign lafferty. Discussion board... Pffff

That's a great looking team

I PpreciTe your opinion 100%. Text messages can be mislercieved. Can you explain why you thi k that's better than mine? Genii Ely. Mate /

I know buddy. Just a wee chat. Everybody seems to have missed the point here. I'm asking When the time comes. If all fit. If we sign laff. Would you go like this? People pure freaking put Biut this post it's a theroritical question on a fitbaw discussion board. Admin have to crack down on aw this freaking oot abuse man jesus %^*&. No you mate you weren't that bad haha :-D

Threads like this make me feel uneasy. We have 4 massive games to play before we meet the bheggars. Our team could be completely decimated through injuries or we may have made some additions. Either way, it’s pretty much a waste of time discussing that one just now.
Reckon the op should chill out a bit too. The 2nd will be round soon enough.

Threads like this make me feel uneasy. We have 4 massive games to play before we meet the bheggars. Our team could be completely decimated through injuries or we may have made some additions. Either way, it’s pretty much a waste of time discussing that one just now.
Reckon the op should chill out a bit too. The 2nd will be round soon enough.

The thread clearly insinuates "when the times comes would..." so mate. When the time comes... Would you fancy this team of all fit if we sign lafferty. Fs. Therotical post. What am I actually lowed to post on this place man. Fucking hell mate. I clearly said if bit and when stuff in my thread.

Matters not a jot. He will get bumped, harrassed and squared up to off the ball - react and come off worse. This will never change. And fkpigs like Brown & syrup know this.

Shagger

Flanagan goldson katic

Morelos lafferty

Thoughts?
I like it. Would be happy with that going there.

Fingers crossed Lafferty signs and hopefully we add another couple also. Ideally another CB and a creative playmaker.

I PpreciTe your opinion 100%. Text messages can be mislercieved. Can you explain why you thi k that's better than mine? Genii Ely. Mate /

I know buddy. Just a wee chat. Everybody seems to have missed the point here. I'm asking When the time comes. If all fit. If we sign laff. Would you go like this? People pure freaking put Biut this post it's a theroritical question on a fitbaw discussion board. Admin have to crack down on aw this freaking oot abuse man jesus %^*&. No you mate you weren't that bad haha :-D

Once you sober up & read my post again, you’ll see I was agreeing with you. :rolleyes:

I was worried about the game at the chamber of secrets, cos we need to go to Russia on the Thursday. But then I thought:

As long as we beat Motherwell beforehand, then the away game is really a free hit! With our fixture list I genuinely thought (before a ball was kicked) if we walk away from parkhead a max of 3 points behind, we are in good shape. Beat Motherwell and it’s a free hit v them. I wouldn’t bet against Gerrard getting a result that day!

Back