Thinking of you tonight

It was actually my auld maws birthday on the 6th . thought about how she used to let me go to the games when my auld man would have cracked up . My first game v celtic in the Glasgow cup final at Sharkhead with my pals who were celtic fans we won that night 3-1 ,1975 i think . My da never new . various other midweek games when he was at meetings with brothers ;) and would come home late and i was in the door minutes before him . So ma i dedicate that win today and our 99.9 title to you because i know you'll be up there still singing oh the pope he had a pimple on his arse and doing the wee dance you used to do . Simply the best .

My thoughts are with my uncle. Never knew him to miss a single game ever including preseason friendlies the lot.

He will be up there somewhere singing songs with the add one not giving a flying one no doubt
No covid up there . There will be thousands and i mean thousands up there letting off flares and fireworks . but where do they get them from ?:eek::D:D;)

I'll just leave this here. A powerful song and one which means a lot to me personally with regard to lost loved ones.

For those who can't be with us in these memorable times, but who are looking down on the celebrations. We miss you.

I'm thinking about Andy.

I don't know much about Andy, but I was in the same ward as him in hospital two years ago. We got chatting and it turned out he was a bear and told me all about his trips around Europe watching Rangers and how he hoped to see us win the title again.

I wasn't in for anything serious but he had terminal cancer. Raising a glass for you tonight mate. WATP.

Celebrating tonight with a few shorts, when I got a bit teary.
The wife asked me what was wrong.
My simple reply was "I wish Fernando was here to see this"
I 'm with you mate, on the malts but remembering others captains of my lifetime, Bobby Shearer, Eric Caldow, Sandy Jardine and others who have passsed over the time, Bobby McKean, Iain Redford, Tam Forsyth, Colin McAdam, Sandy, and many others they would have been `like me happy tonight

My old man died 18 months ago after a nasty time with cancer.

A great man from Barlanark who lived most of his adult life working in London that I idolised, I use to watch in awe as he celebrated wins against them, he grew up in the worst times of 60/70s and there was a rawness and disdain he had for them that I never really could understand.

I fully get it now Da, miss and love you always x

I 'm with you mate, on the malts but remembering others captains of my lifetime, Bobby Shearer, Eric Caldow, Sandy Jardine and others who have passsed over the time, Bobby McKean, Iain Redford, Tam Forsyth, Colin McAdam, Sandy, and many others they would have been `like me happy tonight
Tell you what: I'm happy that John Greig is here to see #55 !

Back