Third place in the group and Europa last 16

I just don't see, nothing in our CL performances apart from Napoli before the red was close to convincing. In all honesty I could see us ending with zero.

I hate to say it, but I can see us ending up pointless in this group. We are simply out of our depth.
As someone alluded to last night, we were on a loser since the TV companies decided to throw billions at the big leagues, and the SPFL/SFA, whose corruption is exceeded only by their incompetence, were happy to grovel for the crumbs from their table, and they made a piss-poor job of even that.
They didn't care how much Scottish football got, as long as most of it went to Celtic. It ain't gonna change either.

Think we can agree second is unattainable, Ajax losing last night did us a favour and we now probably need to:

Beat Ajax at Ibrox MD6
Better Ajax's results v Napoli and Liverpool MD4 and MD5

Doable? Four points could well be enough...
Ah well this provided a wee chuckle. We haven’t even scored a goal and without checking stats I’d be surprised if our shots on target across three games have reached double digits. The absolute best we can hope for now is a credible draw at home to finish the campaign with at least a point. Get Europe in the bin this year and focus on the league.

Listen see if we can play the way we did against napoli until the red card (better than Liverpool at this moment imo) it's possible keep believing bears we can give these scouse pricks hell next week.
I honestly think hope of 3rd isn’t completely lost, if you get something at Ibrox against them. Napoli will surely scud Ajax again. Keep it respectable in Naples, who will be all-but-guaranteed top and MAY rest players but their squad depth is sensational. Liverpool should hopefully win in the Dam, then all to play for in the last game.

Mr glass half full. A lot needs to go right next week and Gio requires undergoing hypnosis to get him to change the gameplan.

Can't see it.. and if I'm honest I'm ok with that.

Having no European football from Dec - May will do us the world of good and boosts our chances of domestic success.

Guys like Tav, Goldson, Kent etc played a ridiculous amount of football last season and personally I think it's showing.

We made the CL & have reaped the financial rewards.. that was priority no1.

We haven't performed well at all and I think a break from Europe after Xmas will benifet us.

Entirely defeatist I know, but it isn’t happening, not a chance.

The best we can hope for is a point at home to Ajax.

A one-off match against Ajax for 3rd would be great and something to look forward to.

A point against Liverpool isn’t extremely far-fetched(!) if you look at it from the point of view of them playing Man City the weekend after us.

Hopefully they’ll settle for an uneventful and energy conserving 0-0.

We live in hope.

Can't see it.. and if I'm honest I'm ok with that.

Having no European football from Dec - May will do us the world of good and boosts our chances of domestic success.

Guys like Tav, Goldson, Kent etc played a ridiculous amount of football last season and personally I think it's showing.

We made the CL & have reaped the financial rewards.. that was priority no1.

We haven't performed well at all and I think a break from Europe after Xmas will benifet us.
Yeah I agree , could be doing with just the league to concentrate on this season.
Last season was amazing in the Europa league but even if we did scrape 3rd I can't see us emulating that this season.
Really need to get the league back this season and no European football after Christmas would give us a better chance .

3 good years of EL and qualified for the CL proper is plenty for me. Drop out entirely concentrate on the league. Would be delighted to get out the group but wouldn't be gutted to be eliminated tbh.

We'll do well to score a goal in the group at this rate.
Bettering Ajax's results seems extremely unlikely from what I've seen.

We are getting carved open by hibs, Rossco and Arabs especially midfield and we are expected to compete with far higher competant sides.

Not from what I'm seeing either.

Draw next week and a Napoli win = Rangers 1 point Ajax 3
Napoli will beat us and Liverpool beat Ajax on the same as above.
Last game we beat Ajax and then we finish 3rd.

That’s about or only hope but can I see us avoiding defeat next week and beating Ajax? Doubt it.

We could theoretically score 1 goal and get 3rd. Ajax lose their next two and we get a 0-0 in either of ours, beat ajax 1-0 MD6.
Despite the doom and gloom, it isn't over yet. If there's a chance of 3rd come the Ajax game, it will be an electric night

If I'm being honest I don't care about not qualifying for Europa. We need to get that league title back from that lot and get them put fully back in their place.

Ajax will be fancying their chances at home to Liverpool. They gave them a good game at Anfield losing 2-1 (something we were nowhere near doing), and will be confident of going one better when they get them back at the Johan Cruijff ArenA.

We will be lucky to finish the group with 1 point.

Its the coefficient that is bothering me ,after all the years of good work ,this campaign is going to give it a severe knock if we can't get any points out our last three games .
Said the same to a mate at the weekend.

How many points does qualifying for the CL get you and how does that compare with how far you’d have to progress in the EL?

Back