Third Strike = Expulsion from the Tournament

This is a targeted attack on our club and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to fucking waken up.

Never mind "forget about ceptic" - they should be out the tournament already for sectarian singing and assaulting players with missiles.

Sectarian singing should be banned from football not just Ibrox.

I wish someone at the club would fucking grow a pair and fight back.

Yes we need to change, yes we need stop the singing, but for %^*& sake someone demand equality and a level playing field.

Dont want to sound hyperbolic

But theres been 5 matches since the one we’ve just been done for.

Terrifying
Would like to think that we’re being given a chance for redemption though and the sanction will only be imposed for the first one.

I want him to acknowledge that his current approach to this is a failure and do something about it by giving the club clear leadership.
See umpteen previous posts re. what that means.

Maybe our fans need to take responsibility for themselves or are they that backwards they need held by the hand?

Stopping singing about 19th Century Terrorists and the pope might be a start, it’s not difficult

This is a targeted attack on our club and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to fucking waken up.

Never mind "forget about ceptic" - they should be out the tournament already for sectarian singing and assaulting players with missiles.

Yes we need to change, yes we need stop the singing, but for %^*& sake someone demand equality and a level playing field.

Mate, we can't defend the indefensible.

And some baw bags will be filming it on their phones, plastering it all over social media. Royally fuuked by the enemy within.

Perhaps this rule of a minimum partial stadium closure is new. Let's make sure we get evidence of their next sectarian chanting and make sure UEFA hears about it.

2013 ajax were done for it, so it;s been there 6 years at least

A perfect example of the enemy within.

What are the specific songs/words that we have been pulled up for ? Noticed on another thread that a guy was cleared in court of singing the Bobby Sands line and singing about UVF.
Being realistic, we as a support are not going to stop singing everything that some people may find offensive, so the only chance is to deal with the specific issue UEFA has raised.

You entirely miss the point. Bigots at FARE are directing UEFA to impose sanctions on our club. UEFA know nothing about the songs we sing, apart from what they are told what the songs mean by FARE. We have been stitched up.
I'm not missing the point at all.

Here's where one of the (many) problems lie. I have a view on what some of our fans do and what we've been warned about for years.

You on the other hand want to point the finger at FARE, UEFA, whoever else. Regardless of what or how you think FARE can influence UEFA (which I don't believe is anywhere near as much as some people are making out), we have been told to cut it out, no ifs, buts or maybes. And we haven't. And we see what happens when we don't toe the line.

So my point is, some fans have continued to sing songs we have been told to cut out. That is fact. The argument over what is sectarian or who grassed up etc is irrelevant. We know we can't do it, but some still do.

Why did they wait ?

Is it because we weren’t supposed to make it through (again) ?

This is what I worry about. Surely under natural justice you have an opportunity to react to punishment.
If they introduce the Progress and Mjyitiland games then it could be a fait accompli.

Nobody talking about the biggest scandal in world football now eh!

No, you’re missing the point.

If you can’t attend Ibrox without singing unacceptable songs, don’t attend. Nobody else cares about Celtic. We care about Rangers.

Are you for real ? Our club anthem Follow Follow mentions Celtc in one of the verses. Is that now on your unacceptable song list ? :oops:

A perfect example of the enemy within.
You are calling me an enemy within?
I want equality and fairness.

I don't want sectarian singing at Ibrox, but, it should not be allowed anywhere else.

Also, use your brain, even if it does stop they will just hammer us for something else.

If anything you are the enemy within cause you are not brave enough to demand equality.

We've played 5 games since St Joseph's

Who's to say their aren't further sanctions to come?

Tell you what mate someone at the club better come out tonight and say about taking everything on board and we will be pro active with the fans starting from now.
Because that wouldn’t surprise me.

Steven Gerrard is unlikely to hang around if competing in European competition suffers. Just think about that!

I have no doubt we are unfairly targeted in comparison to other clubs but we must stop giving out the ammunition that allows them to fire the bullets.

sadly there is 100% an element of our support who care more about being allowed to do whatever they want and care more about the UB/ultra culture than they care about Rangers, and will almost certainly actively try to defy these blatant warnings.

Our opinions on whether FARE and UEFA are being consistent across the board are absolutely fucking irrelevant, and the "stauncher than thou" brigade on here need to get it through their skulls that this isnt going away. There is nothing the board can do at this point to challenge it. Not now that we've been punished for something that did happen and is punishable in their guidelines.

Stuff like this is a fucking riddy, its going to make our club suffer, and it completely damages our reputation with the people who matter outside Scottish Football.

3rd strike??? How when the don’t follow their own rules regarding Celtic , look at the list , 3 pitch invasions , sectarian chanting and paramilitary banners etc ... https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...heet-237k-paid-in-fines-in-10-years-1-4559301

You’re spot on but in this case it’s irrelevant. We need to get our act together. I disagree with banning songs that are our heritage but it’s the world now and we’ve no option other than to accept it.

Maybe our fans need to take responsibility for themselves or are they that backwards they need held by the hand?

Stopping singing about 19th Century Terrorists and the pope might be a start, it’s not difficult

But. it's demonstrably difficult, isnt it? Has it escaped your notice that the remedy you favour hasn't worked? We need to change our approach and be pro-active before it's too late. Is it genuinely beyond the ability of our execs to come up with a strategy to make the culprits either zip it or exclude them from the stadium? Personally, I think it is beyond them, hence my repeated calls for a CEO.

If we sing sectarian songs again after our ground is closed, we will be expelled from the Europa League.

It is that simple.
I thought so.

But the tweet in the OP, does not imply that.

It implies, the next strike is complete ground closure. And only failure to do that, will result in us being chucked out.

Not the point, I guess.

You are calling me an enemy within?
I want equality and fairness.

I don't want sectarian singing at Ibrox, but, it should not be allowed anywhere else.

Also, use your brain, even if it does stop they will just hammer us for something else.

If anything you are the enemy within cause you are not brave enough to demand equality.
If you’re making excuses for sectarian singing by crying about UEFA’s inequality, you’re part of the problem and not the solution.

Sort your shit out.

No chance, it will be hard enough at Ibrox but away from home it will be almost impossible to stop.

Long journey, bevvy and a staunch support always equate to songs that should be banned getting sung loud and proud.

Yep. We need to just refuse away allocations if we make the group stages. We will hit strike 3 easily. If we got kicked out Gerrard would walk. We have too much to lose

Who am I defending? Read what I said.

This isn't a simple "stoap at singin" and the problem goes away.

If folk believe that then we really are fucked cause see when sectarian singing stops they will just get us for something else.

There is a deeper lying issue here that we are being singled out and targeted.

I mean the club can't exactly point fingers at supposed inequality when we have been proven to sing unacceptable words.

It doesn't stand.

Racism (sectarian singing) is seen as worse for Uefa than flinging stuff on pitch or pitch invasions
Was there not political banners and flags also.
It’s just pissing me off mate and the timing is questionable.

Exactly this.

Get the songs to fuc* but please don't try and tell me that if we stop singing the billy boys that this all goes away.

Something else will be invented and then FARE and UEFA target us for that.
Exactly this.

Get the songs to fuc* but please don't try and tell me that if we stop singing the billy boys that this all goes away.

Something else will be invented and then FARE and UEFA target us for that.

High levels of paranoia

If you’re making excuses for sectarian singing by crying about UEFA’s inequality, you’re part of the problem and not the solution.

Sort your shit out.
Can you read? Genuine question.

I've said in every post to get the songs to f*ck and that I don't partake in them in fact I stand and shake my head.

The point being made is that even if the arseholes that actively sing this shite stop, something else will be fabricated, and we need someone in the club to stand up for us.

Nail on the head. Those bast@rds should have been expelled from Europe long ago but this hey are being protected. It’s just not good enough.
This has been explained to you multiple times. The three strike rule only applies for racist singing. They have not been found guilty of that yet.

This is not difficult to understand.

You are advocating open warfare on uefa and FARE. I'm genuinely interested in how you think Rangers should go about this.

Rangers have more than enough evidence to prove the deliberate and long running campaign against our club by FARE to have us sanctioned. If FARE are anti racist, they can show where they've reported to UEFA the endless anti British racism in songs and chants by that mob across the city.

Can you read? Genuine question.

I've said in every post to get the songs to f*ck and that I don't partake in them in fact I stand and shake my head.

The point being made is that even if the arseholes that actively sing this shite stop, something else will be fabricated, and we need someone in the club to stand up for us.
Can you read?

When that happens we’ll deal with it.

Until it does, let’s concentrate on the actual problem.

Rangers have more than enough evidence to prove the deliberate and long running campaign against our club by FARE to have us sanctioned. If FARE are anti racist, they can show where they've reported to UEFA the endless anti British racism in songs and chants by that mob across the city.

And what has that got to do with us being 2 strikes away from getting expelled from the tournament for sectarian chanting?

Reactions: VGM
Back