Third Strike = Expulsion from the Tournament

How can we realistically challenge FARE when we’ve just been found guilty (rightly so) of sectarian singing?

We have no leverage here while we continue to sing these songs.

We stop the singing, ban folk who don’t stick with the program and then confront the issue of FARE’s disproportionate reporting and conflict of interest. That would be my tact.

It’s not unreasonable to ask why a Celtic supporter has any say on what happens to us.

3rd strike??? How when the don’t follow their own rules regarding Celtic , look at the list , 3 pitch invasions , sectarian chanting and paramilitary banners etc ... https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...heet-237k-paid-in-fines-in-10-years-1-4559301

That might well be the case but this is about us and not them. We have FARE at all of our games looking for anything to report, they don’t.

It’s absolutely not fair but it’s the sad reality if the situation. If we don’t sing the songs then we won’t get reported. It’s that simple.

So fellow bears who sing songs you consider bad and/or really bad are knuckle dragging morons?
Its not what we think that matters. Its what UEFA think and if folks continue with the songs the choices are a/ Knuckle dragging morons who couldn't care less about Rangers or b/ retards who couldn't care less about Rangers. What is it, a or b.

Some are incapable of discussing issues in the Rangers support without justifying them against the misbehaviour of Celtic fans.

It’s utterly tragic to watch. Completely unable to accept responsibility.
We need to get our own house in order and forget about anything the beasts from the east get up to /get away with.

You see posts saying they care more about us than their own team, but sometimes the same can be said about here.

It’s time the support acknowledged that the song book of yesteryear is now exactly that.

We stop the singing, ban folk who don’t stick with the program and then confront the issue of FARE’s disproportionate reporting and conflict of interest. That would be tact.
That’s going to take years. We need to sort this out now and talk about FARE later. Power can only be dealt with when we’re operating from a position of strength.

And yet so many of our fans are seemingly unable to grasp this.

Its absolutely frightening the amount of Bears that believe that the persecution from FARE will cease if certain songs are stopped. The club failed us years ago when they should have shown UEFA the clear targeting by FARE of our club and support. UEFA don't care less about the anti British racism and anti Protestant sectarianism we hear at the Piggery on European nights as FARE won't inform them. FARE are discredited and the club should be publicly saying so.

Rangers have more than enough evidence to prove the deliberate and long running campaign against our club by FARE to have us sanctioned. If FARE are anti racist, they can show where they've reported to UEFA the endless anti British racism in songs and chants by that mob across the city.

That’s like Harold Shipman standing up in court and saying ‘Peter Sutcliffe was worse than me’

“Up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood”

Oh the fucking horror! Its almost as offensive as abusing little boys for decades and covering it up.

I know, whatabboutery right?

Well what about that? The mind fucking boggles.

Im offended that a UEFA member is currently going through the courts being nailed for this, and yet not a peep.

The narrative is set. We wise up.

They hate the song because it generates one of the best spectacles in football at full pelt.

Shower of corrupt scum bastards

What does it matter?

FARE are run by mentally challengeds and we don't seem to be able to take up a battle with the passion, the Filth do.

Until we do, we'll continue to be in this position.

There’s no battle with uefa, battle uefa and your out of european competitions!

This is a targeted attack on our club and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to fucking waken up.

Never mind "forget about ceptic" - they should be out the tournament already for sectarian singing and assaulting players with missiles.

Sectarian singing should be banned from football not just Ibrox.

I wish someone at the club would fucking grow a pair and fight back.

Yes we need to change, yes we need stop the singing, but for %^*& sake someone demand equality and a level playing field.

You're not allowed to mention Celtic's catalogue of sectarian singing,missile throwing and pitch invasions.

All of the above doesn't appear to warrant the same punishment.

“Up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood”

Oh the fucking horror! Its almost as offensive as abusing little boys for decades and covering it up.

I know, whatabboutery right?

Well what about that? The mind fucking boggles.

Im offended that a UEFA member is currently going through the courts being nailed for this, and yet not a peep.

The narrative is set. We wise up.

They hate the song because it generates one of the best spectacles in football at full pelt.

Shower of corrupt scum bastards

I empathise with what you’re saying but you’re missing the mark here

That’s going to take years. We need to sort this out now and talk about FARE later. Power can only be dealt with when we’re operating from a position of strength.

Why not do both? Waiting years doesn’t do the process any favours.

The timing of this stinks, we’re now looking likely to get further sanctions on the majority of supporters who have done nothing wrong.

Quite frankly, that’s every bit as unacceptable as any singing.

The timing of this stinks, we’re now looking likely to get further sanctions on the majority of supporters who have done nothing wrong.

Because everything we do when we’ve been found guilty of sectarian chanting will be undermined by the very fact we’re guilty of it.

This isn’t complicated.

I think if the club show that they’re actively taking action against those who do these things in our support whilst at games, the majority can’t be punished?

I think if the club show that they’re actively taking action against those who do these things in our support at games, the majority can’t be punished?

We are going to start seeing people signing these songs pulled from their seats by stewards in the future.

I'm going all tin foil hat here with all this pish flying around my head

Is this maybe uefa's way of making it up to Legia Warsaw for booting them out of the CL on an admin error?

Are we looking at further sanctions depending on the result on Thursday?

Are we staring down the barrel of a pre determined expulsion at the benefit of the poles with a Peter lawell driven agenda?

Is there any fuckin point anymore?

Imagine a murder suspect being found guilty and then making a complaint about police harassment over the fact he was being investigated for murder...Even if the police just got lucky and were genuinely just going after him because they hated him, the complaint would be laughed at because, well, he did what he was being accused of.

It would be naive to think we aren’t going to be brought up on more charges after round 2/3.
Again

Fucking club needs to come out tonight and say we will work with the fans for the future before it gets to that.
Sleeping and hoping nothing happens isn’t going to cut it
Next weeks game could be a rubber...

Because everything we do when we’ve been found guilty of sectarian chanting will be undermined by the very fact we’re guilty of it.

This isn’t complicated.

It’s only simple if you’re being wilfully ignorant of the bigger picture. You seem to be getting a hard on for UEFA’s duplicity, so i’ll leave you to it.

I think if the club show that they’re actively taking action against those who do these things in our support whilst at games, the majority can’t be punished?

Nope

Collective responsibility and punishment. UEFA don’t give a %^*& in this instance that we’ve cleaned up our act since Villarreal 06, so they won’t care in future either

Imagine a murder suspect being found guilty and then making a complaint about police harassment over the fact he was being investigated for murder...Even if the police just got lucky and were genuinely just going after him because they hated him, the complaint would be laughed at because, well, he did what he was being accused of.

You didn’t genuinely just compare this to a murder, did you?

Not to mention, your analogy is wrong. It’s like 10 people committing murder, the police knowing who all 10 are, and only going after 1.

We need to get our own house in order and forget about anything the beasts from the east get up to /get away with.

You see posts saying they care more about us than their own team, but sometimes the same can be said about here.

It’s time the support acknowledged that the song book of yesteryear is now exactly that.
This is absolutely spot on.

I've long since lost count how many times I've read on here that they hate us more than they love themselves, they're obsessed with us etc etc. A lot of which is true, but the threads today since this news broke have been absolutely saturated with 'what about them?'. Focus on us ffs.

That’s like Harold Shipman standing up in court and saying ‘Peter Sutcliffe was worse than me’

It really isn't, mate. We have been deliberately targeted for years by FARE, a politicised left wing group. If you can't grasp that simple reality, then changing our songbook won't make any difference.

Never mind the scum across the city, they are living a charmed life and get hit with small fines for bottles etc.

Now some of the Italian and eastern european teams, racism and homophobia are massive issues. Are we being branded worse than that for pretty much 2 words?!? FARE have stitched us up good and proper.

We are busy building bridges while these fuckers and co-conspirators are blowing up our foundations.

Chuck the songs, and at the same time let's go after this sham organisation with everything we have.

It really isn't, mate. We have been deliberately targeted for years by FARE, a politicised left wing group. If you can't grasp that simple reality, then changing our songbook won't make any difference.

Let’s just carry on then

We stop the singing, ban folk who don’t stick with the program and then confront the issue of FARE’s disproportionate reporting and conflict of interest. That would be my tact.

It’s not unreasonable to ask why a Celtic supporter has any say on what happens to us.
You could add why the Celtic CEO hass a position of influence within UEFA

Yes, real fans. I have absolutely no hesitation in saying that someone who wilfully damages the reputation and financial well-being of the club in order to sing a song about that mob, in any way, shape or means, is 100% not a Rangers supporter.
So your telling me you have never sang one of the songs that this fare mob seem to find so offensive?

I’ve just tweeted this. We aren’t big enough to take on UEFA but we are big enough to make headline news in Britain. This is the wake up call. Time to get rid of these songs before it’s too late

You didn’t genuinely just compare this to a murder, did you?

Not to mention, your analogy is wrong. It’s like 10 people committing murder, the police knowing who all 10 are, and only going after 1.

Yeah mate, that's what I did, I literally compared bigotry and murder...

While in the real world people understand that you can use analogies and metaphors to explain things without meaning that they are literally comparable.

Andno, the analogy would be one person committing a murder, 10 potential suspects but only one looked at.

It’s only simple if you’re being wilfully ignorant of the bigger picture. You seem to be getting a hard on for UEFA’s duplicity, so i’ll leave you to it.
It’s very straightforward.

UEFA will never in a thousand years side with a club recently found guilty of racist/sectarian chanting over their closest partners for the prevention of racism. It would undermine all of the anti-racism work UEFA have done and would be extremely bad PR for them. You are a fool if you cannot see this.

I’ve just tweeted this. We aren’t big enough to take on UEFA but we are big enough to make headline news in Britain. This is the wake up call. Time to get rid of these songs before it’s too late
Let’s just lower the union flag while we are at it.

Yeah mate, that's what I did, I literally compared bigotry and murder...

While in the real world people understand that you can use analogies and metaphors to explain things without meaning that they are literally comparable.

Andno, the analogy would be one person committing a murder, 10 potential suspects but only one looked at.

Your analogy is still completely wrong. You’re not getting it.

Who am I defending? Read what I said.

This isn't a simple "stoap at singin" and the problem goes away.

If folk believe that then we really are fucked cause see when sectarian singing stops they will just get us for something else.

There is a deeper lying issue here that we are being singled out and targeted.
What are you saying here?
The simple fact is the next time we’re found guilty the stadium will be closed. There’s not an argument in there.

This is absolutely spot on.

I've long since lost count how many times I've read on here that they hate us more than they love themselves, they're obsessed with us etc etc. A lot of which is true, but the threads today since this news broke have been absolutely saturated with 'what about them?'. Focus on us ffs.
i believe its more of an example of the double standards that are continually aimed at our club - for instance I witnessed Cluj players and members of their staff showered with bottles etc when they celebrated their winning goal (there may be an on going investigation but doubt it)

Gers pulled up for this ?? where do u draw the line, any game we attend its very common to hear "ya dirty orange / hun bassa"

Liewell / Hollicom bias

It’s very straightforward.

UEFA will never in a thousand years side with a club recently found guilty of racist/sectarian chanting over their closest partners for the prevention of racism. It would undermine all of the anti-racism work UEFA have done and would be extremely bad PR for them. You are a fool if you cannot see this.

You’re a fool if you can’t see what can be achieved by pointing our blatant corruption in their system. On the basis the club hasn’t been singing sectarian songs, they can quite easily challenge the process without ignoring the part played by a minority of fans.

You’re either not thinking this through, or simply refusing to acknowledge it in your typically arrogant manner.

Back