Third Strike = Expulsion from the Tournament

Ok now that all the knee jerk reactions and finger poin ting is out of the way,we need to seriously address this issue.
I hope the Club are in touch with EUFA to explain all the inclusive initiatives that we are taking and hopefully head off any other sanctions that may be in the pipeline.
I would like the Club to get all the young Bears in and have Club legends explain the damage these songs are now doing to the Club.
I am not advocating no singing,just football related Rangers songs.We could even keep the BBs with some tweaking done to it.
Everyone needs to get on board with this as now EUFA are taking action it won't be long before the SFA come along.

How is he going to stop the singing? Only the fans themselves can stop it

Right, ten more minutes here repeating myself then I'm offski.
If by 'he' you mean DK, his job is to find his DEO and then back him to the hilt.
If you mean the CEO, there's maybe a dozen posts elsewhere explaining this but fundamentally he brings the UB reps in, brings them into the tent and works with them to self-police. If they will not do it then hammer them but I believe the young bears would respond to a charismatic leader.

We've played 5 games since St Joseph's

Who's to say there aren't further sanctions to come?

This was raised in my group chat. You would think we need to be aware of the first sanction and then see if it makes a difference before the next stage. But it’s clearly only going one way...

What are you saying here?
The simple fact is the next time we’re found guilty the stadium will be closed. There’s not an argument in there.
Yes, that is the simple fact, but the wider point is that this treatment from UEFA is not being dished out to ALL clubs when it should be.

Stop sectarian singing first and foremost, however, after we do we must ensure we are not just hounded for something else because that is exactly what will happen.

I guarantee you when the arseholes stop sectarian singing something else will be fabricated to beat us with and we cannot let that happen.

We are going to start seeing people signing these songs pulled from their seats by stewards in the future.
Our stewards on minimum wage. Severely doubt it. On another point , is it beyond the club to give clarity that this punishment will not be compounded by matches already played. I’m probably whistling in the wind hoping for that.

I think that it’s going to be quite likely that we will be kicked out of Europe this season if we win on Thursday.
If not, I believe we face being banned from Europe next season.

If UEFA want to, they can find us guilty for a second and third time from the games already played this season.

Imagine being banned from Europe.
Just think about how horrific that would be for our club.

The damage to our reputation would be terrible, the money lost would be catastrophic, and I can’t see someone like Steven Gerrard hanging about.

Sadly, I don’t think that even this doomsday scenario will change the mindset of the idiots in our support who will adopt a ‘%^*& UEFA’ attitude and continue to sing what they want.

I really can’t see a positive outcome here.
This is only going to get worse and worse and it could potentially set us back many years.

The bigger picture is the political issue that’s going on. We can argue back and forward about Celtic and their songs, we can debate all year long about freedom of speech and the fact we are only decrying a proscribed organisation or that its banter between us and our rivals but at the end of the day we are being judged and we are being charged no one else. We won’t win the argument, if you want to get defiant then rangers and all our fans will LOSE. Rightly or wrongly, unfairly or unjustly we will LOSE.

For now we should all shut the %^*& up. Cheer on the team and fight the haters with us winning.

I want to drive like it was the 70’s, pished, and at breakneck speeds with no seat belts, I want to be Sid the sexist at work phnarr phnarr and want to belt out the party tunes as a get it right fucking up them BUT the world has moved on. It’s time we did too and stopped the add ons.

From four lads Twitter:

People asking for clarity & guidance from the club about songs

Stop using the word 19th Century Terrorist in it’s entirety

Any add ons that has ‘%^*& the pope or IRA’

‘No pope of Rome’
‘50p Flute song’
‘The Billy Boys’

Like it or not - that’s the clarity

If we dont get done for R2 and R3 retrospectively and make it to the groups we should refuse away tickets. We could very easily hit this 3rd strike. The consequences are not worth the risk

I think that it’s going to be quite likely that we will be kicked out of Europe this season if we win on Thursday.

If UEFA want to, they can find us guilty for a second and third time from the games already played this season.

The damage to our reputation would be terrible, the money lost would be catastrophic, and I can’t see someone like Steven Gerrard hanging about.

Sadly, I don’t think that even this doomsday scenario will change the mindset of the idiots in our support who will adopt a ‘%^*& UEFA’ attitude and continue to sing what they want.

This is only going to get worse and worse and it could potentially set us back many years.
As I stated above we need clarity on this now. But this board and clarity are strangers to each other.

We can not tweak The Billy Boys as said on The H&H podcast today it is banned by UEFA in any form

Fair enough but how do cunts like Man Utd get to sing there own versions??

If you didn’t laugh you’d greet

Horrifying post but one that is sadly a real possibility.

Right, ten more minutes here repeating myself then I'm offski.
If by 'he' you mean DK, his job is to find his DEO and then back him to the hilt.
If you mean the CEO, there's maybe a dozen posts elsewhere explaining this but fundamentally he brings the UB reps in, brings them into the tent and works with them to self-police. If they will not do it then hammer them but I believe the young bears would respond to a charismatic leader.
Your right it is mainly the young guys doing the singing.Bring them in to the Club and have hero's like Gough,Brown,Laudrup,McCoist explain the damage these songs are doing to the Club.
THEY ARE more likely to respond to a reasoned discussion than a telling off. as for adults one warning and then you are banned or lose your ST.Its tough but it's for all our benefit in the long run.

Funny how the paedo scum haven’t been threatened with this yet it’s big bad Rangers there’s skullduggery going on against our club yet the board are oblivious to it.

Surely the club will be in discussions with UEFA to find ways to move forward and to stop this from being a possibility though?

Yep, there is now every chance that Thursdays match is meaningless. If UEFA procedures have only just reached the 1st qualifying round, there's every chance that at least 2 more sanctions are coming from the other 3 rounds, meaning we're banned. We can only hope UEFA will leave it at this for now.

No it isn’t. “You are harming Rangers and that is something a genuine supporter would never wish to do.”

By this logic, supporters have been “harming” the club for 50 odd years. I’m not having a board that is so willing to chuck our loyal (and wholly good-natured) fans under the bus like this.

So you are saying sectarian chanting isn't hurting the club and the club should defend the supporters who sing them?
Is that what you are saying? Just so I can be sure.

No it isn’t. “You are harming Rangers and that is something a genuine supporter would never wish to do.”

By this logic, supporters have been “harming” the club for 50 odd years. I’m not having a board that is so willing to chuck our loyal (and wholly good-natured) fans under the bus like this.

How on earth do you reach that?

50 years ago there were no sanctions for singing anything. That meant, bloody obviously, that nobody was harming the club by singing anything at all.

Today there are sanctions put in place for certain words or songs. That means, pretty obviously, that TODAY you are harming the club if you carry on.

What an utterly utterly depressing thought. But a very real one sadly.

Fair to say the club believe we’ll be charged for Rds 2 & 3 then?

Why do we keep going back to celtic? This is about our behaviour not theirs. We need to look after ourselves and not bother what they do.

We sound like petulant children, aye but celtic..... who gives a %^*& about them. %^*& them.
People too busy looking over at them an a Liewell dream. The scum sing or do something then stand back and watch while morons within Rangers support harm Rangers. They must absolutely love it.

Mate times have changed,the make up of our team reflects this.Too many of our songs are nothing to do with football or the Club,we have to move on.

Surely the club will be in discussions with UEFA to find ways to move forward and to stop this from being a possibility though?

Id say that they can’t dish out this punishment quite a time after the actual event, and then go retrospective for the games in between.

This is a line in the sand moment, and I’d imagine UEFA have maybe taken into account those games before issuing today’s ruling.

Rubbish. Don't you think that the rules have changed over the last 50 odd years?

We know how UEFA will respond, we can't change that. We can change our actions that trigger the response. I'd like to think Rangers fans are smart enough to adapt.

This whole episode is like Christmas morning for our softer fans who like to believe Rangers have no historical ties to any organisations or events.
How about the really soft fans who can’t go to a game without singing what they want regardless of how it affects the Club?

That’s really soft. Spineless, you might call it.

Its absolutely frightening the amount of Bears that believe that the persecution from FARE will cease if certain songs are stopped. The club failed us years ago when they should have shown UEFA the clear targeting by FARE of our club and support. UEFA don't care less about the anti British racism and anti Protestant sectarianism we hear at the Piggery on European nights as FARE won't inform them. FARE are discredited and the club should be publicly saying so.

This is just utter horseshit.

FARE do not write the rules.
FARE do not set the punishments.
FARE do not sing songs from the stands.

We are guilty of behaving in breach of UEFA rules.
We have been reported to UEFA by an official UEFA delegate.
We are being punished by UEFA.

At this moment in time we are the ones in control of our own destiny, change our behaviour now or take the consequences.

Yes, that is the simple fact, but the wider point is that this treatment from UEFA is not being dished out to ALL clubs when it should be.

Stop sectarian singing first and foremost, however, after we do we must ensure we are not just hounded for something else because that is exactly what will happen.

I guarantee you when the arseholes stop sectarian singing something else will be fabricated to beat us with and we cannot let that happen.
We’re in danger of being kicked out and losing one of our main income streams. Let’s deal with that then we can start from a position of strength otherwise it just looks like excuses not to deal with our own problem.

You’re a fool if you can’t see what can be achieved by pointing our blatant corruption in their system. On the basis the club hasn’t been singing sectarian songs, they can quite easily challenge the process without ignoring the part played by a minority of fans.

You’re either not thinking this through, or simply refusing to acknowledge it in your typically arrogant manner.

Mate look at the obvious. The songs were sung. No point in trying to deny that. UEFA have told us before not to do that. The list of punishments is published in advance of the competition. There is no corruption here they are applying the rules. Neither CAS nor anyone else is going to overturn this and say we did nothing wrong.

We did do the crime. Simple as that. we broke the rules, not the club, but a stupid section of our fans.

We need to stop doing it, the problem then goes away. Simple. Not rocket science.

Id say that they can’t dish out this punishment quite a time after the actual event, and then go retrospective for the games in between.

This is a line in the sand moment, and I’d imagine UEFA have maybe taken into account those games before issuing today’s ruling.
Someone mentioned on another thread that since the reported incident that’s being sanctioned, we haven’t had a chance to implement preventative measures in response to it, so maybe this could be a case.

Back