Third Strike = Expulsion from the Tournament

Id say that they can’t dish out this punishment quite a time after the actual event, and then go retrospective for the games in between.

This is a line in the sand moment, and I’d imagine UEFA have maybe taken into account those games before issuing today’s ruling.
I also think that the statement the club issued will have been worded in such a way as UEFA will be watching what action the club is taking. It's absolutely clear what the club thinks about this and what it expects us as fans to do. The message is as stark is at can be.

It would seem harsh in the extreme to move through to sanction 2, then 3, without at least seeing how the next few games pan out. You would also expect (or maybe hope is a better word here) that UEFA have given the club a timeframe in which it expects to see an improvement in fan 'behaviour'.

Appeal? :D Fuck me, we are absolutely bang to rights. What do you want us to appeal?
It's a fucking stitch up mate .
You can't say we're doing you for sectarian singing 7 weeks ago , and if we catch you doing it again then you're banned from Europe, knowing fine well that they've got another 2 instances nicely in a folder waiting to be released.
Can't you see how wrong this is .

You carry on this way, you’re going to see our Club kicked out of Europe. The ramifications will be enormous.

But you clearly don’t care.
Well, that's a bit hysterical. I am not defending our right to sing banned songs (or saying that would be in any way advisable), just saying that the fact it is being used for finger pointing among/by elements of our support is also unhelpful. Basically, all hyperbolic emotion-based nonsense like you just posted to me is unhelpful, is what I am saying.

Ok now that all the knee jerk reactions and finger poin ting is out of the way,we need to seriously address this issue.
I hope the Club are in touch with EUFA to explain all the inclusive initiatives that we are taking and hopefully head off any other sanctions that may be in the pipeline.
I would like the Club to get all the young Bears in and have Club legends explain the damage these songs are now doing to the Club.
I am not advocating no singing,just football related Rangers songs.We could even keep the BBs with some tweaking done to it.
Everyone needs to get on board with this as now EUFA are taking action it won't be long before the SFA come along.

This is the final nail in the coffin for the BB. Too many will still sing it. We just need to lose any song with add ons completely. The add ons will not stop especially at away games

It's a fucking stitch up mate .
You can't say we're doing you for sectarian singing 7 weeks ago , and if we catch you doing it again then you're banned from Europe, knowing fine well that they've got another 2 instances nicely in a folder waiting to be released.
Can't you see how wrong this is .

Yeah, if that happens then we can and will appeal. We cannot appeal the decision as it stands mate.

“Liewell” has hardly got his fat ass on “ UEFA” seatand he’s after us, financially first and the expulsion. He’s the most twisted bar steward this country has ever had. His supporters run onto the park and attack opposition players and he complains of financial fines. Our board MUST DO A COMPILATION OF THEIR MISDEMEANOURS OVER THE PAST THREE YEARS AND ASK FOR A COMPARISON OF FINES.

Well, that's a bit hysterical. I am not defending our right to sing banned songs (or saying that would be in any way advisable), just saying that the fact it is being used for finger pointing among/by elements of our support is also unhelpful. Basically, all hyperbolic emotion-based nonsense like you just posted to me is unhelpful, is what I am saying.
We have well connected admin on here saying the exact same.

It’s not hysterical, it’s fact.

But again, you don’t care.

We have well connected admin on here saying the exact same.

It’s not hysterical, it’s fact.

But again, you don’t care.
You assuming I am defending the right to sing banned songs, and responding to me as if I had said that, is hysterical. You immediately jumping to 'you'll (as in, me) get us banned from Europe' is too.

“Liewell” has hardly got his fat ass on “ UEFA” seatand he’s after us, financially first and the expulsion. He’s the most twisted bar steward this country has ever had. His supporters run onto the park and attack opposition players and he complains of financial fines. Our board MUST DO A COMPILATION OF THEIR MISDEMEANOURS OVER THE PAST THREE YEARS AND ASK FOR A COMPARISON OF FINES.

Where do you start.

The good feeling and buzz around the club had to be halted.

Impeccable timing.

Tims imploding. Us on a general high.

The cynic in me

Where do you start.

I know. ‘Telling tales’ won’t take the focus off of us, and would make us seem weak trying to blame others actions for the actions of a minority of our fans.

What is it we sing? No one likes us, we don’t care. Well it seems we do, in spades.

3rd strike??? How when the don’t follow their own rules regarding Celtic , look at the list , 3 pitch invasions , sectarian chanting and paramilitary banners etc ... https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...heet-237k-paid-in-fines-in-10-years-1-4559301
This is not about Them. It's about us. Do we want to continue playing European football, or do we want to air the songbook? I'm sure the SFA/SPFL will follow UEFA's lead and incidents like this could eventually cost us the league. Do we want to hand Them the title by having points deducted, despite winning it on the park? Or do we want sing the songs? It's up to us. Personally, I'd rather deny them their niar and have a good European run. If this kind of thing spirals out of control I can see Gerrard walking away. What manager wants to have his potential progress and achievements washed away by a bunch of folk out for staunch points? Just a personal opinion, and I know the staunchest of the staunch will rubbish me for it, but this is the reality we live in. It is up to us, do we love Rangers, or do we love the songs? Used to be the two were inseperable, that time is now gone and we, as a support, have to choose. I want to support a successful Rangers.

Hope so - the gaffer won’t hang around too long if we’re not in Europe he’s building a great pedigree in Euro competition he wont want it to be denied and after everything we’ve been through to get to where we now are I am truly dismayed that we’re now doing it to ourselves

To be fair there have been plenty on here predicting this for years only to be labelled hand wringers etc. Hooefully a turning point but can see this getting worse before it gets better

So you are saying sectarian chanting isn't hurting the club and the club should defend the supporters who sing them?
Is that what you are saying? Just so I can be sure.
Sectarian chanting doesn’t exist. It’s not a thing. It’s a SMSM clichè used to bring disrepute and harm on Rangers FC. These people don’t care for apologies or redemption - they have a hate-inspired agenda and they want blood.

Last edited:
If you let wee grotty casuals casuals cause a stand closure or a behind closed doors match or removal from a tournament then what's to stop any mhutants from coming in and singing in disguise?

How on earth do you reach that?

50 years ago there were no sanctions for singing anything. That meant, bloody obviously, that nobody was harming the club by singing anything at all.

Today there are sanctions put in place for certain words or songs. That means, pretty obviously, that TODAY you are harming the club if you carry on.
You’ve perfectly summed up my point - today’s punishments cannot be reasonable resolutions to a decade’s old ideological issue.

No it isn’t. “You are harming Rangers and that is something a genuine supporter would never wish to do.”

By this logic, supporters have been “harming” the club for 50 odd years. I’m not having a board that is so willing to chuck our loyal (and wholly good-natured) fans under the bus like this. No

Sectarian chanting doesn’t exist. It’s not a thing. It’s a SMSM clichè used to bring disrepute and harm on Rangers FC. These people don’t care for apologies or redemption - they have a hate-inspired agenda and they want blood.

%^*& me. Prime example of how we will never succeed.

Rubbish. Don't you think that the rules have changed over the last 50 odd years?

We know how UEFA will respond, we can't change that. We can change our actions that trigger the response. I'd like to think Rangers fans are smart enough to adapt.
I agree some fans need to sharpen up and drop the scum-baggery element of our support. But I’m a realist. This is not going to happen. The Club going to war with the fans is not a solution, and is only going to harm things.

It is absolutely no coinsidence that this has all kicked off in the one f*cking season we look to be starting dominating domestic football once again.

Time for folk to stop living in the past, we moan about Ibrox being a library when its probably because a large % of fans have zero interest in singing about the pope, ira or 19th Century Terrorists...and how it is supposed to encourage our foreign players who probably have no idea why we even sing it is beyond me. We have a bright young manager with a huge global name and a team worth shouting for yet we find ourselves with stadium bans in europe for this nonsense...and to the people comparing us to the scum, aye their banner should be punished among many other things but we need to look in before we look out and sort it out

You’ve perfectly summed up my point - today’s punishments cannot be reasonable resolutions to a decade’s old ideological issue.

Well, I guess anyone accused of slavery can just say that it is a millennia old problem and they should just get away with it...

What a fucking stupid point.

Today, it lands the club in trouble, that is the ONLY salient point amid all the noise.

strange how when our tie is in the balance that this sanction appears from an alleged incident three ties ago.
they have been saving this up. if our tie against the danes had been in the balance after the first leg then they would have used it then.
if this tie was not in the balance they would have kept it for the group stages.
i hope our board are asking questions behind the scenes.

Define succeed? Alienate a huge number of fans and play in front of 15k kiss arses?

If that's what it takes. I just want to watch the football and support my team. People who want to sing about shit that has nothing related to the club can stay far away.

What I want to know is why did they wait so long to announce the punishment? There is no way they can then give further punishments for the susequent games, when they haven't given the club time to act and the fans to take heed.

If that's what it takes. I just want to watch the football and support my team. People who want to sing about shit that has nothing related to the club can stay far away.
Aw come on, it’s a couple of edgy words chucked in to an otherwise harmless song - everyone knows there is no malice in singing these songs. This is a pure ploy by an insidious organisation, with a huge agenda, to get us to turn on one another and it’s worked.

Personally, all the bickering is missing what I think is the big issue. All this PC/SJ bullshit has empowered utter wankers to strike politically at things they dont like.
Society is fucked while this is allowed to continue. Kids being jailed for offensive remarks? People sacked for careless remarks online? Football clubs sanctioned for fans causing offence?
The plot is truly lost. Msybe an actual war will get people focussed on what really counts again.

I'm really sick of this shit

Aw come on, it’s a couple of edgy words chucked in to an otherwise harmless song - everyone knows there is no malice in singing these songs. This is a pure ploy by an insidious organisation, with a huge agenda, to get us to turn on one another and it’s worked.
Are you saying we should all just sing those songs?

Are you saying we should all just sing those songs?
I’m saying stop prending to yourself that anything is going to change. It’s not.

That mhank (unt in your work will still mutter something about a hun. A group of them will on a train will still sing about orange bastards. A Celtic twitter account will still mock the 66 and Lee Rigby with absolutely no consequence.

I’ll keep my mouth shut for now, but I’m reluctant to change anything until that lot receive the same punishment.

Ban it all or nothing at all.

Have strikes 2 and 3 already been submitted though for the Progres and mjyitiland Games and we just haven’t t been told yet?
Surely we would need to receive strike 1 before they could punish us with strike 2?strike 2 only comes if you still commit the offence after strike 1.

Whether we think its right or wrong we do have to move forward. Things are going to get ramped up the media will go for the jugular in Scotland and ANTIFA/Celtic fans will be firing emails left right and centre. We need to cut out the chants and add-ons that cause offence as of now (no shit sherlock, I know). A hard hitting and straight to the point statement shown on our big screens prior to and at half time of every game is required. I mean hard hitting not any mamsy pamsy "we are for everyone" pish.

I’m saying stop prending to yourself that anything is going to change. It’s not.

That mhank (unt in your work will still mutter something about a hun. A group of them will on a train will still sing about orange bastards. A Celtic twitter account will still mock the 66 and Lee Rigby with absolutely no consequence.

I’ll keep my mouth shut for now, but I’m reluctant to change anything until that lot receive the same punishment.

Ban it all or nothing at all.
Yawwwwnnnn

Wow. This does seem extremely harsh given what has gone on elsewhere in Europe.

I can see tickets only being made available to ST holders in an attempt to curtail some of the more exuberant midweek fans.
Not an excuse, but cup games are always much much worse for the naughty singing due to the amount of ‘non-regular’ fans who attend.
Normal league matches it’s very rare to hear the sectarian stuff these days- only really the OF match.
Not sure about away matches?

There should be a Protestant only tournament, one for papes, Muslims where everyone can sing whatever they like then a big playoff, with fanzones with grab a flag gauntlet games...or we start fucking playing the game

Back