This ‘10 in a row’ fallacy

Sorry but the OP is feckin deluded .
There is not a single, genuine, Bear who does not worry about them getting to 10.
It would be feckin horrendous and to pretend otherwise is plain stupid.
Talk about tainted titles and no competition all we want. The record books will show they made a record.
Oh and the chunts and their mhedia friends would be unbearable.
First and formost #55 is a must for our our glory and pride. It is ALSO vital to stop them get 10.

Sorry, mate, be we don't define ourselves as a club by what that lot do. No-one loses sleep or cares less here in Scotland or outside at them winning a double treble as we all know its an utter sham, as is any supposed 10 in a row.

IF and its a big if they get 10 in a row, what happens then? Does football just stop existing as we know it? do we all just stop following and just chuck it? Or do we approach the next season after with the same fire, excitement and optimisim that we, mostly, start every season with.

Same with the beggers, if they get 10 and we stop 11 do you think they wont care and still be celebrating getting 10....no because they will be in meltdown and desperate to reclaim the title the 10 previous will be an afterthought.

I dont want them winning anything, but the same as the other media favourites of the invincible season or the historic double treble, i really couldnt care less, il still be supporting us and interested in what Rangers do, it wont affect my commitment or dedication in the slightest.

Sorry, mate, be we don't define ourselves as a club by what that lot do. No-one loses sleep or cares less here in Scotland or outside at them winning a double treble as we all know its an utter sham, as is any supposed 10 in a row.

Sorry mate but real Bears do.
Opposition fans of every club throughout the world worry about what their opponents do. It's called rivalry. Call it a sham all you want. If the thought of it does not concern you well frankly I'd question your credentials as a Bear.

For me, stopping 10IAR is the most pressing issue we have. We already have more league trophies than any other club in world football. 55 will be amazing, as it is cementing that. But the argument of "it's not really 10 as we weren't in it for xxxx", that doesn't stick with me. History will always have them listed as winning 10 years in a row, regardless of competition.

If they get 10IAR, they won't give a toss about us winning 55. It's just another league title to add to our own record. But I honestly can't see 10IAR ever being matched or beaten out with some freak occurrence like we had to go through happening to them, which we know it won't for football and social reasons.

Sorry mate but real Bears do.
Opposition fans of every club throughout the world worry about what their opponents do. It's called rivalry. Call it a sham all you want. If the thought of it does not concern you well frankly I'd question your credentials as a Bear.

As I posted earlier, mate, our 9 in a row was mocked and laughed at in the mhedia and we were repeatedly and casually dismissed as being merely " the best of a bad lot". They would have said the exact same if we had reached 10. I couldn't give a toss what they win, even in a competitive League, never mind the one horse race we've witnessed for years now. If they get 10 and we win the Europa League the same season, I'd take the European success before their 10 any day of the week.

As I posted earlier, mate, our 9 in a row was mocked and laughed at in the mhedia and we were repeatedly and casually dismissed as being merely " the best of a bad lot". They would have said the exact same if we had reached 10. I couldn't give a toss what they win, even in a competitive League, never mind the one horse race we've witnessed for years now. If they get 10 and we win the Europa League the same season, I'd take the European success before their 10 any day of the week.

With all due respect you are now going way off your initial post.
Off course IF we won a European trophy the same year the scum got 10 we would not give muck of a feck. But that's NOT what the post is about. It's whether or not Bears would or would not give a toss if they get to 10.
EVERY Bear I know would hate that scenario.

With all due respect you are now going way off your initial post.
Off course IF we won a European trophy the same year the scum got 10 we would not give muck of a feck. But that's NOT what the post is about. It's whether or not Bears would or would not give a toss if they get to 10.
EVERY Bear I know would hate that scenario.

Again, mate, I lived through their 9 in a row and a European cup win. Did we as a club and support shut up shop and say that there's no point in competing anymore ? Their 10, if they get it, will only affect us if we allow it to dominate everything we do. We can't allow that kind of thinking to take over.

For me, stopping 10IAR is the most pressing issue we have. We already have more league trophies than any other club in world football. 55 will be amazing, as it is cementing that. But the argument of "it's not really 10 as we weren't in it for xxxx", that doesn't stick with me. History will always have them listed as winning 10 years in a row, regardless of competition.

If they get 10IAR, they won't give a toss about us winning 55. It's just another league title to add to our own record. But I honestly can't see 10IAR ever being matched or beaten out with some freak occurrence like we had to go through happening to them, which we know it won't for football and social reasons.

Like the invincible season or the historic double treble, other feats which prob wont be matched, what difference did they make in the grand scheme of things or our support of the club?

Like the invincible season or the historic double treble, other feats which prob wont be matched, what difference did they make in the grand scheme of things or our support of the club?
An invincible season or double treble don't hold as much weight imo to winning 10 leagues in a row. They hated it when we got 9, and it put that side of things equal, with our total tally being the differential. If they do get 10IAR, we must be really shite to give them another 3 titles from where it stands right now. It would also put them on 52 to our 54, far too close for comfort.

Ultimately when you want to look at it from the outside, it doesn't affect the day to day running of the club, but as a supporter you always want to be the best. Giving them 10IAR and only 2 titles behind our world record is not something anybody linked with the club should take lightly.

I copped pelters during the summer (pre Stevie G) for starting a thread saying I couldn't give a %^*& about them winning 10iar (that might even have been the thread title), other than the fact it would underline how uncompetitive we'd been since returning to the top division. Don't be fooled, a lot of bears have been going on about it too (usually the slightly short-sighted ones).

That said, taking a step back and after a couple of false dawns, it really looks as though we're now on a mission to win the league ASAP. If part of the motivation is about stopping them then I'm ok with short-termism as long as we eventually get to a position where we see the balance shift a little more away from relying on loan players and play a longer game by increasing the focus on developing our own young players. There will come a point where we need to be living within our means.

Bottom line though, this league is there to be won. Not as a GIRFUY to the mhanks, the media, the SFA and SPLF. No. It's there to be won for us. For the supporters that clung on and made sure we still had a club to support. For the current board who delivered that for us after the dark days. For the players, managers and coaches over the piece who have now moved on and might not have been the best to ever walk through the doors at Ibrox, but who were genuine and tried their best. We all deserve it and when it comes I will not be giving a %^*& about the filth from the east end of the city.

(Unless of course we win it against them at Ibrox after the split, in which case I'll probably have RSI from giving them the vickies :p)

I’ve never understood how bears can think this. 9 in a row must’ve meant nothing to you then.

Stopping ten is all I care about. That’s just how I feel. The idea of the legacy of Gazza and Laudrup being destroyed by pond life scum like Scott Brown is nightmare stuff for me.

Also, we go on about the meltdown they’ll have when we get 55. It’s true they will go berserk, but only if 55 is the title that stops 10. They won’t care if we stop 11 or beyond. Liewell will be standing there with a big grin on his face and the scum fans will be celebrating along with us.

No, we need to stop 10. Even if we end up needing to downsize and lose the league the season after that’s fine I could live with that.

It won't ever be, unless you allow it. However, that was then. This is now. They've had a free run at a big chunk of those titles. %^*& them mate.

I do however absolutely get your last point, and I suspect that might even be the board's current approach to it.

We know it's a tainted but the press and the tims won't let that get in there way,, also they hope in years to come history won't show that we wee not in the top league,,, let's just cut out all of their shit and win 55,,,and that will be history

Sorry but the OP is feckin deluded .
There is not a single, genuine, Bear who does not worry about them getting to 10.
It would be feckin horrendous and to pretend otherwise is plain stupid.
Talk about tainted titles and no competition all we want. The record books will show they made a record.
Oh and the chunts and their mhedia friends would be unbearable.
First and formost #55 is a must for our our glory and pride. It is ALSO vital to stop them get 10.

I consider myself a genuine bear, and I couldn't give 2 fecks if it happened, they are 100% mickey mouse one horse race titles, most of them anyway.

Id go so far as to say if we dont stop the ten, they will reach 55 before us, 3 more years of Champions League money will be impossible to claw back, we need to go ALL IN now. 10iar for them would be hell on earth, 55 before us does not bare thinking about.

55 is what matters. We are Rangers and we are about winning.
But to be honest, if they get to 9 then stopping 10 will become an obsession for me!

Id go so far as to say if we dont stop the ten, they will reach 55 before us, 3 more years of Champions League money will be impossible to claw back, we need to go ALL IN now. 10iar for them would be hell on earth, 55 before us does not bare thinking about.

This is my thinking too. We are going all out to stop them now, and if we can’t do it this season or the next 2, then we’ll start to lose the stomach for the fight and might never stop them.

People forgetting in the scenario where they win 10 they're only two titles off us overall. It's not an acceptable margin, we've always been absolutely miles ahead in terms of domestic success and the ground they've gained since 2012 is unbelievable and upsetting.

We have to win the League this season, and a Scottish Cup whilst we are at it.

You'd think the thick poets would at least wait and see if they get to 9 first before talking about 10 :rolleyes:

I'm hoping they have a proper meltdown and finish third or fourth this season :))

if they win 10 in a row I would personally be fucking fuming and the board the players and the manager will have failed this club it would be unforgivable

If we do indeed stop them achieving their tainted ten, it is going to be pandemonium.

Their younger supporters have an arrogance and entitlement complex that previous generations haven’t had. I was in the library at my college the other day and there was a couple of late teens/early 20s discussing Kieran Tierney. They reckon he’s going to “stay for 10 in a row” and then leave. Same for Brenda. They think this is a forgone conclusion and the attitude I’ve described above is predominant in their support, even more so in the younger ones.

Winning 55 will be glorious and it will be even sweeter if we do it in the next 2 and a half seasons.

Back