This could be a premier league stadium next year

Hope they come up and play their home games there. Far too many posters on here that’s main concern is “ah wullnae get a ticket”

Aye they have had a meteoric rise since they have went pro but they are pulling in decent home crowds at the moment considering they are playing in Stenhousemuir.

They'd need to play every game at Hampden, and they would need a good reason for doing so.
They would apply to play every game at Hampden on the basis the stadia they have wouldn't be sufficient to host Premiership matches. A lot of teams Hibs Hearts Sheep would take a good crowd through as well as us and the bheasts. There would be around 200 allocated away fans if they played at LH and that wouldn't be good for anyone either.

They would apply to play every game at Hampden on the basis the stadia they have wouldn't be sufficient to host Premiership matches. A lot of teams Hibs Hearts Sheep would take a good crowd through as well as us and the bheasts. There would be around 200 allocated away fans if they played at LH and that wouldn't be good for anyone either.
They would also lose the vast majority of their games at Hampden and go straight back down. Playing on their own pitch might give them a wee chance of staying up.

They would also lose the vast majority of their games at Hampden and go straight back down. Playing on their own pitch might give them a wee chance of staying up.
Nah can't see it. They will probably go down regardless and haven't played at the ground yet so it's not as if they are used to playing games there already.

Just need to wait and see mate. Would be shocked if they don't use Hampden.

Nah can't see it. They will probably go down regardless and haven't played at the ground yet so it's not as if they are used to playing games there already.

Just need to wait and see mate. Would be shocked if they don't use Hampden.
They would get ripped apart on the big Hampden pitch.

Would be amazed if they didn’t use Hampden for some games if they go up.

That said, some teams would rightly call that out as an advantage in terms of money making so there would need to either be a cap or sharing of funds
Some teams would have a cheek though... Would rather have half empty stadiums then take the blue pound

if they aren’t allowed to play one offs at hampden, why were they allowed to play Hamilton there?

if they aren’t allowed to play one offs at hampden, why were they allowed to play Hamilton there?
Fixture clash at Ochilview as Syngenta (East of Scotland League 2nd Division) who also play there were due to be at home that day

Queen's Park also played Raith in the Challenge Cup the following week at Hampden

The pitch is Hybrid and better than hampden by a mile. Hampden isnt hybrid. It'll rival ours for quality throughout the season.
They've spent more on this pitch than most outwith us, them, motherwell and hearts

Why? They’ve built a ground to suit their own circumstances.

The Dell used to only hold 15k in the biggest league in the work, Bournemouth only holds 11.5k
1700 mate, not 11,500 or 15,000.

It's embarrassing that a team with almost zero fans can reach and play in Scottish Football's premier division.

It's embarrassing that a team with almost zero fans can reach and play in Scottish Football's premier division.
Good luck to them.

We constantly whinge about empty stadiums, a club builds one to suit their circumstances and mitigate looking empty, and we still whinge about it. Only embarrassing thing is the amount of moaning going on

Good luck to them.

We constantly whinge about empty stadiums, a club builds one to suit their circumstances and mitigate looking empty, and we still whinge about it. Only embarrassing thing is the amount of moaning going on
Aye good luck to Willie Haughey bankrolling a team with no fans.

Just what we need.

Would you rather they built a 10k stadium that they'll fill twice a season and put themselves into unmanageable financial trouble?

Good luck to them.

I’d rather their stadium full and new than firpark with all the Shite of the day lying about and empty stands.

I genuinely don't see why people are saying it's tinpot. They've built a new stadium suitable for their fan base.

I would much rather see them fill their stadium than see the likes of St Johnstone play in a half empty stadium when they're not playing us or the 19th Century Terrorists.

Why? They’ve built a ground to suit their own circumstances.

The Dell used to only hold 15k in the biggest league in the work, Bournemouth only holds 11.5k
Because it's pathetic for a league.

I know they are living within their means and that's good, it wouldn't make sense for them to play in a 20k ground for example. But a top league should have certain standards when it comes to stadiums (for example no astro ;) ). A 1700 capacity ground is a joke for a top division.

I know they are living within their means and that's good, it wouldn't make sense for them to play in a 20k ground for example. But a top league should have certain standards when it comes to stadiums (for example no astro ;) ). A 1700 capacity ground is a joke for a top division.
I don't follow your thinking? They can't pull fans out of thin air and as you say, they are living within their means instead of saddling themselves with debt building a stadium that they'll fill twice a year.

I don't follow your thinking? They can't pull fans out of thin air and as you say, they are living within their means instead of saddling themselves with debt building a stadium that they'll fill twice a year.
My thinking is that a 1700 capacity stadium that looks like a training complex in your top division is sad and pathetic. All it will do is further make people think Scottish football is a joke.

I don't really know how much more clear I can make it for you ? :)

Once they've built the stands behind the goals, the capacity will apparently be 5,000.

Livi only have around 1,000 supporters and play on an awful surface. If they get promoted, Queen's Park have every right to play in the SPFL.

Once they've built the stands behind the goals, the capacity will apparently be 5,000.

Livi only have around 1,000 supporters and play of an awful surface. If they get promoted, Queen's Park have every right to play in the SPFL.
So far that is only talk, as far as I know there have been no official plans made for it ?

My thinking is that a 1700 capacity stadium that looks like a training complex in your top division is sad and pathetic. All it will do is further make people think Scottish football is a joke.

I don't really know how much more clear I can make it for you ? :)
They are there on merit, nothing sad and pathetic about it. Real football fans will see it for what it is.

They are there on merit, nothing sad and pathetic about it. Real football fans will see it for what it is.
Real football fans :D

I have never commented on their merit, if they get promoted then they've deserved it. Absolutely none of that changes my mind that such a tiny ground is a sad look for the SPFL.

People comparing to similar sized countries are forgetting QP are in a city where two clubs get over 50k every week. No other country with the same population has that issue.

Real football fans :D

I have never commented on their merit, if they get promoted then they've deserved it. Absolutely none of that changes my mind that such a tiny ground is a sad look for the SPFL.
Do you want them to pay the unemployed to masquerade as fans or something? :D It's not really their fault that bigger sized clubs don't have the same ambition.

Back