This Feels Different

Agree with the comments, excited after yesterday and still buzzing. However I now expect 55 to be delivered, the pressure is building. I am sure that it will happen this year, but trying not to get carried away. Also worried, what could happen with the spfl calling the league or stopping it due to covid.

Monty_greenock34

Is there going to be a winter break this yr at all?

I didnt think there was this year, not too sure.

If there is hopefully we have a sizeable lead and keep last years collapse fresh in the mind so we dont do it again.

Us not going overboard at the final whistle yesterday shows we are focused and we will not let that happen again imo.

Mbear

I didnt think there was this year, not too sure.

If there is hopefully we have a sizeable lead and keep last years collapse fresh in the mind so we dont do it again.

Us not going overboard at the final whistle yesterday shows we are focused and we will not let that happen again imo.
Hopefully there isn’t
Covid surely has put paid to the break
Theres currently Too many postponements to allow 2 weeks In January to go idle

artificialintoleranz

Wonder if it will feel different for the other 10 teams after watching that yesterday?

If they would just put 10% more effort into their games versus them it could see a real difference in celtc's results. A draw here or there is all it would take to make a hell of a difference for us.

Us getting back a bit of that 'fear factor'? Well teams hardly get up the park nowadays when we play them but maybe the players having a bit more confidence in themselves and sticking to the plan, not panicking, could see us pick up tricky points. Again, it is only a couple of draws getting turned into victories that would see a massive change in fortune for us.

Game on in this next round of fixtures. We need to be right up for it, no excuses, we really do have it in our own hands now!

Amstel

I feel the same, the foundations have been there for a while & now it’s our time. I was so confident before the game yesterday and that’s been a thing for me for about a year. I fancy Rangers to win every game we play. I trust this team

Loud and proud

Totally agree op, it's nice to beat them but I Think players, management and fans know there is a bigger picture at play here and it's when medals are handed out at the end of the season.
I think that's what everyone is focused on.

Bobans27

Not yet for me.

We haven’t proved yet we can get the routine wins you need week in week out to win the league.

Celtic aren’t the problem, it’s ourselves against everyone else.

insanicdrunk

When we beat them at the Saviledome last year it was another monkey off our backs, our first win there since goodness knows when. I think we all got a bit carried away, even though none of us could have foreseen the implosion of our season after the winter break. It still felt, even at the time, a bit more than hope rather than expectation.

I agree with the OP. The win at new year was definitely a monkey off our back. Something some said yesterday made me think, this win was after we were defeated in the LC final, where we destroyed them and went away with nothing. So winning at their hovel, on the back of the final defeat made it a massive release of emotion.

This time, maybe this season, it was job done. Up the road with the three points in the pocket.

Max points for our next set of games and we'll be in a good position.

Barrymoped

Hopefully there isn’t
Covid surely has put paid to the break
Theres currently Too many postponements to allow 2 weeks In January to go idle
There absolutely isn’t this year. In fact the powers that be have already said the schedule that busy for us and then with European games that if any games are called off for any reason then we will be forced to play 4 games in a week.

Let’s Go

I agree with much of that. I really thought we would make a fight of it last year after the break but I didn’t buy the ‘they are done’ mantra on here. For me it was still a coin flip and their experience made them favourites.

Next set of 11 games is huge as we can open up a gap with the extra game plus they have the harder set of fixtures on paper. We need to just keep knocking off 3 points at a time.

Plus I’m less nervous about the odd draw as I really think we can beat them 2/3 left and draw the other one which is a huge 6 further points ahead of them.

2 of the 3 is at Ibrox so even if we win and draw at home and lose at theirs then we maintain the status quo - crucial thing is we avoid slip up against the others

if we win our two home games against them then that’s a huge statement.

Also factor in that we’ve had our harder away games (bar killie perhaps) and they still need to go to those places

Gazb1962

Enjoy the win but there's been a few false dawns. We need to go and take maximum points until the next international break, that will be a real indicator that we're where we need to be.
This all day long, enjoy yesterday but the real work lies ahead.

Excellent performance without a doubt but we need to keep doing it in every game.

We also need to accept there will be points dropped but it’s how we respond that will matter.

RWL12

For me it's because it didn't feel out of the ordinary or a surprise.

Our win in 2018 and at their ground last year were a surprise to me.

Yesterday I went into the match thinking we are better, we can win. Halftime was "I don't see us throwing this away".

And then winning was "that was good. But expected."

change consent