This Feels Different

I agree with much of that. I really thought we would make a fight of it last year after the break but I didn’t buy the ‘they are done’ mantra on here. For me it was still a coin flip and their experience made them favourites.

Next set of 11 games is huge as we can open up a gap with the extra game plus they have the harder set of fixtures on paper. We need to just keep knocking off 3 points at a time.

Plus I’m less nervous about the odd draw as I really think we can beat them 2/3 left and draw the other one which is a huge 6 further points ahead of them.

2 of the 3 is at Ibrox so even if we win and draw at home and lose at theirs then we maintain the status quo - crucial thing is we avoid slip up against the others

if we win our two home games against them then that’s a huge statement.

Also factor in that we’ve had our harder away games (bar killie perhaps) and they still need to go to those places

Is there going to be a winter break this yr at all?
Don't think so - not really any space with the euros next summer.

I agree with the OP entirely, but that will only hold true if we go on a winning run now instead of slipping up straight away and giving them a boost.

Enjoy the win but there's been a few false dawns. We need to go and take maximum points until the next international break, that will be a real indicator that we're where we need to be.
This all day long, enjoy yesterday but the real work lies ahead.

Excellent performance without a doubt but we need to keep doing it in every game.

We also need to accept there will be points dropped but it’s how we respond that will matter.

For me it's because it didn't feel out of the ordinary or a surprise.

Our win in 2018 and at their ground last year were a surprise to me.

Yesterday I went into the match thinking we are better, we can win. Halftime was "I don't see us throwing this away".

And then winning was "that was good. But expected."

Back