This final: Where we are

Robert Marshall

As someone who has been supporting Rangers for 55 years, and like everyone else of my generation it is incredible to believe that after the last decade we are in a major European Final.
The fact that we are one game away from wiping out debt is practically beyond belief.
Every Management team and player since 2013 has contributed to the journey where we now find ourselves.
SG has played his part and we should be happy to acknowledge that, he laid the foundations and ground floor, Gio came in and built a palace.
The team has consistently punched above their weight when disposing of teams who spent fortunes on the pool of players at their disposal. They have been exceptional
So we should salute Gio and his staff. , and the players
I have no words suitably to thank The Directors and Investors in our Club, if it wasn't for their financial backing at crucial times we would never be in this position. They have made errors of judgment at certain junctions but stayed the course as they are every bit the Rangers fan as any of us
Our fans? There is no praise high enough for our support, unbelievable backing, and loyalty from the very start of our problems,
I would also like to mention The RST, Rangers First, and all the other fans who voted to change the regime, this should never be underestimated as buying shares and voting the previous Board out was the only way to get them out.
Throughout my life I have been to games that were marred by violence, let's not let our distracters have any reason to degenerate our supporters in Seville and in fact all over the world
We as a fanbase have a duty to show everything that is good about our Club
Let's go and enjoy ourselves, try and pace your drink and remember every detail of when we won a European Final
Take a minute and think of all the ones who never made it this far, Mums, Dads, Brothers, Sisters Aunties, Uncles, Nieces, Nephews, and good friends.
All our ex-players along with Walter and Jimmy and special mention to Sandy who fought our corner along with Ally
Always remember, no matter where we are on the Globe
WE ARE THE PEOPLE
GOD BLESS THE RANGERS

Last edited:
WE'RE ON OUR WAY!!....Well said Rab.
giphy.gif

Random but couldn't find the other thread. Will the pub be open on Thursday if we win?

We are on our way, spoke to you in Costco at the weekend Rab. Did you get the tv’s fixed up?

As someone who has been supporting Rangers for 55 years, and like everyone else of my generation it is incredible to believe that after the last decade we are in a major European Final.
The fact that we are one game away from wiping out debt is practically beyond belief.
Every Management team and player since 2013 has contributed to the journey where we now find ourselves.
SG has played his part and we should be happy to acknowledge that, he laid the foundations and ground floor, Gio came in and built a palace.
The team has consistently punched above their weight when disposing of teams who spent fortunes on the pool of players at their disposal. They have been exceptional
I have no words suitably to thank The Directors and Investors in our Club, if it wasn't for their financial backing at crucial times we would never be in this position. They have made errors of judgment at certain junctions but stayed the course as they are every bit the Rangers fan as any of us
Our fans? There is no praise high enough for our support, unbelievable backing, and loyalty from the very start of our problems,
I would also like to mention The RST, Rangers First, and all the other fans who voted to change the regime, this should never be underestimated as buying shares and voting the previous Board out was the only way to get them out.
Throughout my life I have been to games that were marred by violence, let's not let our distracters have any reason to degenerate our supporters in Seville and in fact all over the world
Let's go and enjoy ourselves, try and pace your drink and remember every detail of when we won a European Final
Take a minute and think of all the ones who never made it this far, Mums, Dads, Brothers, Sisters Aunties, Uncles, Nieces, Nephews, and good friends.
All our ex-players along with Walter and Jimmy and special mention to Sandy who fought our corner along with Ally
WE ARE THE PEOPLE
GOD BLESS THE RANGES
Well said. Really is beyond most of our wildest dreams the position we are in and not through luck but a lot of hard work,dedication and loyalty.

I always think how great it must be for the young team just now after what they had to grow up watching at least a certain age can remember the 90s,2000s.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE
GOD BLESS THE RANGES
Yer an auld romantic Sod after all :)):))

WE ARE THE PEOPLE
GOD BLESS THE RANGES
Where is the pub mate ? Is it in easy reach from the city centre ,

WE ARE THE PEOPLE
GOD BLESS THE RANGES
Well said young man, being from the same generation can I say, we have experienced a lot of highs and lows in our time but my love for this club has never been stronger. Win or lose this Wednesday night or on Saturday, won't change how I feel about this club. The way Rangers Football Club have survived and bounced back along with the loyalty that the supporters have shown have quite simply surpassed anything that I could have imagined. (So proud to be a BEAR) the Greatest Club and Support in the World.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE
GOD BLESS THE RANGES
Pin this to the changing room wall!

WE ARE THE PEOPLE
GOD BLESS THE RANGES
A great post. Could we also have a wee thought for all those who lost their lives at our great stadium and aren't here to see the game.

Hopefully they are watching from above.

Well said. Really is beyond most of our wildest dreams the position we are in and not through luck but a lot of hard work,dedication and loyalty.

I always think how great it must be for the young team just now after what they had to grow up watching at least a certain age can remember the 90s,2000s.

The fact that they’re still here is a testament to their loyalty. It was turgid at times.

I started watching at a similar time to Robert, and they were in their 9IAR, but we were still a very good European team for some of those years, obviously 1967 & 1972 being the obvious examples.

Well said Robert especially the part about the board who get slaughtered by a section on here who just can’t grasp what they have done for the club and the millions it has cost them.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE
GOD BLESS THE RANGES
I'll go for a fucking pint with you!!!

Well said Robert. They’ll be 5 Donegal Bears in your Pub on Saturday singing loud & proud & celebrating (fingers crossed) our famous victory.

Outstanding post.
Sitting here reading that knowing my eldest boy is on his way to Seville to see our great club in a European Final makes me even prouder of all connected to Rangers.
Rangers Forever.

The guy has a Rangers pub, for Rangers supporters. So what if he promotes it on here? You have a choice not to go in to his pub or join any threads that he starts, yet here you are.

Hear hear

Sometimes it is better to just ignore some folks

Less than 48 hours to the biggest game of our lives and still bickering

Souness, Gough, durrant and now rab from the louden telling us to behave in seville where does this end?! (joke BTW) in all seriousness great post Robert, my oldest is 12 the youngest two are 4 and 5 and I never could have imagined getting the opportunity to share a European final with them when they were born.... Genuinely thought Manchester was a one off in my life time. Soak every last bit in bears, enjoy and let's hope there's a celebration of epic proportions to follow

Back