This has to work

punk

I feel as though we are heading for desperate times but I still think it will work because it bloody has to. Stevie Gerrard, given another couple transfer windows will weed out the players that are letting us down, he has to. We need to start playing the players that are actually ours. We just cannot go back to having to build another team at the end of the season

Get yourself a can of juice. For all Gerrards had some dodgy decisions, I reckon he knows a player & what's required given his time in the middle of the park playing in the best competitions there is. It's just a matter of getting the players that's going to be the quality required & consistent in delivering.

In all honesty it's expecting a miracle to win the league or should I say mount a right good challenge in 1 window

He's done a good job but it's frustrating as it's silly errors that are costing us points. Motherwell..today..Aberdeen etc

We just really need a good midfielder that can split defences open to open up stuffy teams to force them come out a bit

It's why we play well in Europe as teams don't sit in all the time

Get yourself a can of juice. For all Gerrards had some dodgy decisions, I reckon he knows a player & what's required given his time in the middle of the park playing in the best competitions there is. It's just a matter of getting the players that's going to be the quality required & consistent in delivering.
Juice? Am drinking wine straight from the bottle BlueSkies

Desperate times is not winning anything for Rangers fans, so what would you say desperate times mean ?

Desperate times is being close to the club going down the tubes, or being in the third division, or any number of things. Dropping points in two games isn’t desperate times, if you think it is you have lost all touch with reality.

I feel as though we are heading for desperate times but I still think it will work because it bloody has to. Stevie Gerrard, given another couple transfer windows will weed out the players that are letting us down, he has to. We need to start playing the players that are actually ours. We just cannot go back to having to build another team at the end of the season

It simply has to work as you say, I dread to think where our club will end up if it doesn't. We cannot just keep on binning manager season after season, especially when it results in a whole new squad being brought in. The costs, both financially and on the footballing side, of this constantly revolving door are so damaging.

SG has to be given the next 2 transfer windows to put his own imprint on our squad. I have no doubt SG knows what is needed to bring success, it is just a matter of whether or not we as a club have the funds to buy these quality signings.

Playing so many loanee players that do not care what it means to play for Rangers as all they are here for is game time and is irrelevant to them if we win or not, is not working. This is the cold hard truth of it. We should be playing our own youngster and developing them instead of developing another clubs player. We as a club get absolutely not return and to make it worse we are financially paying to do it.

What the hell does Mccorie have to do to get a game? He has proven himself against the best teams in this league all the loanees have done is bottled it and proven they do not have the mentality to cope or care. Mccorie has. He would be one of my first names in the midfield just for the fact he ain't going to get physically battered and he will not surrender like the rest of the midfield flops.

We looked invincible with Kat and Gold at the back even in Europe then S.G decides to start playing a loanee with a big gob and limited ability Joe "wobble" Worrel. Kat has played for the second best team in the world, how close would the "wobble" ever be to playing for the old enemy? Since his introduction Goldson has gone to pieces and what once was a feared back two has become some what of a joke.

Since S.G started to tinker we have started to regress as a team, we all see it. We must play our best 11 most of the time otherwise we are going to struggle in this league. We must stop "Them" from 10iar. S.G is a rookie but he has to learn fast and realise why it is not working. I am 100% sure he is realising loanees are not going to get us to where we belong. He has had only one transfer window and we will have to wait until next summer transfer window until he starts putting together the team that he knows will get us there.

We just beat a poor Tarts team with 4 of their best players out, could not beat a poor Sheep worriers team who had 1 or 2 shots all game and as for today 1 or 2 shots against the bottom club with 10 men is extremely embarrassing not just for our Manager but the fans. It was working fine for the early part of the season and is not now? Hopefully S.G reverts back to what he was doing at the beginning i.e if it is not broken don't change it. I have faith he will sort it. Just disappointed but not panicking. Rant over, apologies.

Last edited:
The manager knows whats going wrong and knows he is tinkering a lot because he doesn't actually know his best team.

We just need to battle through this month and try be no more than 6 points off them.

Get some experienced 1st team players in, no more 20 year old youth players etc.

Surely though he knows what his best 11 by now are? Today was embarrassing. We seemed to have regressed as opposed to progressing these last couple of months.

We need an injection of energy, guile and skill in January to power on.

Desperate times is being close to the club going down the tubes, or being in the third division, or any number of things. Dropping points in two games isn’t desperate times, if you think it is you have lost all touch with reality.
I know full well that we nearly went down the tubes but we cannot compare what happened to us forever, and if you do, you have lost touch with reality. We cannot stop winning things forever because of what happened to us. I think SG will get it right but we may have to wait a bit longer which for a lot of fans may be hard to take coz we all want to win something

I know full well that we nearly went down the tubes but we cannot compare what happened to us forever, and if you do, you have lost touch with reality. We cannot stop winning things forever because of what happened to us. I think SG will get it right but we may have to wait a bit longer which for a lot of fans may be hard to take coz we all want to win something

Ok mate, if you truly think ‘we are heading for desperate times’ because we have drawn a couple of games then there’s no point in having a conversation.

Ok mate, if you truly think ‘we are heading for desperate times’ because we have drawn a couple of games then there’s no point in having a conversation.
You are not getting what I mean and maybe I phrased it wrong but I do see progress, all I am saying is it may be not as much as we thought and we may be heading for a set back, that's all. Anyway its a defeat and a draw and all in all we have not looked great lately. I still have hope the same as you

In all honesty it's expecting a miracle to win the league or should I say mount a right good challenge in 1 window

He's done a good job but it's frustrating as it's silly errors that are costing us points. Motherwell..today..Aberdeen etc

We just really need a good midfielder that can split defences open to open up stuffy teams to force them come out a bit

It's why we play well in Europe as teams don't sit in all the time
Agreed but you need movement to even create the space for a through ball. Not much of that going on at all

We are hitting a dip as the inevitable suspensions and injuries mixed with players suffering from playing a lot of football.
We can’t write off a full squad yet. A few of them are showing why their own clubs have let them go on loan. A few need a run of games after lengthy spells out.
The worrying thing for me is that we have become predictable and slow in the build up, a complete contrast to the earlier part of the season.

I’m not giving up hope, there’s s long way to go yet.

Time.

We don't give managers time.

We need to give this decision by the board time. We simply cannot tear it up and start again.

This is our last chance to stop 10IAR. Not this season, not even next but our last chance to change the process.

The board must be strong. Gerrard must be strong and the supporters must realise this.

Our first victory over the tims and the first piece of silverware are massive. One if not both needs to happen this season.

It has to work but a trophyless season (which is strong odds on) will build an enormous pressure on SG and this board. If they do 9, they will burst the bank for 10.

Desperate times? Jesus joany.

We’re 2 points off the top after a single bad week with a 90 minute chance of clearing the group stages of the UEFA cup.

We need to improve, yes, but that’s always going to be the case. It’s going to take time, that’s why we’ve had to plug gaps with loanees – it’s never going to happen overnight.

It isn’t desperate times for our season but you can acknowledge it is quite desperate in terms of managerial appointments. We’ve gambled on Gerrard and if it doesn’t work out, this Board will have pretty much got every one wrong.

It is working well.

It's working better than most expected - in the sense that almost every supporter, at the start of the campaign, would have taken our current league and European standings.

Satisfied bear, here.

We will lose more games.

Our defence is ok so I’d stick by McGregor, Tav, Barisic, Goldson and Katic
Midfield I’d go for Jack and Arfield and a January signing of an attacking midfielder
Up front we need more options but Candeias Alfie and Grezda need an extended run.
We need to sign a striker in January too

It is working well.

It's working better than most expected - in the sense that almost every supporter, at the start of the campaign, would have taken our current league and European standings.

Satisfied bear, here.

We will lose more games.
Fk off with this sensible posting carry on.
It's all about the Stevie g express to 55, he's a born winner don't you know.

As the op said, this has to work, because the board have gone balls deep here.
The manager is a rookie and hopefully has learned quite a bit these last few weeks. It certainly will not be an express train, maybe a sleeper, but it will get us to our destination after a few more stops in the transfer window.
I shudder to think of the reaction on here if we get beat on Dec 29th.

It isn’t desperate times for our season but you can acknowledge it is quite desperate in terms of managerial appointments. We’ve gambled on Gerrard and if it doesn’t work out, this Board will have pretty much got every one wrong.
Hold on, if this goes wrong you can't blame the board. 99 percent of our fans were creaming themselves when he was appointed. He has been backed to the hilt with players, backroom staff and changes behind the scenes.
If it doesn't work (He needs at least 2 seasons imo) it no ones fault but the managers.

Desperate times is not winning anything for Rangers fans, so what would you say desperate times mean ?

Being in the 3rd division with Coisty at the helm comes to mind. Having zero funds to speak of and a stadium falling apart too.

Remember the scum drew with St Mirren then got beat off Killie and it was almost a crisis for them.

Hamilton, Hibs twice and St Johnstone has to be maximum points before we play them.

Desperate times is the poets edging ever closer to 10iar and folk are wanting to give Gerrard 3 seasons to get it right.

Try and tell me that isn’t desperate cause I sure as hell don’t want to hear about it for eternity.

As a Scouse guy in work told me when he became manager

"He's fucking Stevie G, the man's a winner"

Now, I'm as frustrated as anyone else tonight and pissed off at certain players/subs however, I do still think he's the man for us and will get it right

Hold on, if this goes wrong you can't blame the board. 99 percent of our fans were creaming themselves when he was appointed. He has been backed to the hilt with players, backroom staff and changes behind the scenes.
If it doesn't work (He needs at least 2 seasons imo) it no ones fault but the managers.

The Board spent about £18m with the Pedro fiasco, we had Murty twice and even Jimmy Nicholl - willingly writing off seasons in the process. Whatever our opinion on Gerrard, he is a gamble because he’s a rookie. You can’t stop the blame with the manager if he fails, he didn’t appoint himself.

The Board spent about £18m with the Pedro fiasco, we had Murty twice and even Jimmy Nicholl - willingly writing off seasons in the process. Whatever our opinion on Gerrard, he is a gamble because he’s a rookie. You can’t stop the blame with the manager if he fails, he didn’t appoint himself.
No he didn't. Just pointing out that almost to a man the fans thought this was a great idea. Cannae moan too much if it goes tits up

Gerrard's appointment is a gamble. To have any chance of success he needs time & money.
We are short on both
He needs to get significant financial backing to have any chance of success and he needs to learn fast.
If the Board doesn't give him the financial backing necessary to challenge they will be complicit in another managerial failure.
Expecting to win the league on the cheap is not serious

There is actually a hell of a lot to feel hugely positive about - it’s just that every dropped point brings the delusional doom and gloom merchants who thought Gerrard would bring instant success and title no.55.

Agreed - we are in a vastly better place than at any point over the last 6yrs.

The frustration is that this team seems to take 2 steps forward and then a step back; getting to top of the league last weekend and then appearing to be overawed by that placing with 2 poor performances.

We are players way from the consistency required to really challenge - for me the key is to bring in people with recent experience of winning titles who can drag the rest over the line.

I said when he was appointed just win the games against the other teams,forget St Pats.Pick up the points against the dross and see where it takes us.He has failed ,we are dropping points all over the shop.In truth we are no better off than previous and other guys have lost their job in similar circumstances.If he can't beat btm of the league teams or teams playing with 10 men then he has a huge problem.

Aye settle down, 2 points ahead going for the 8th and you've already got them winning the 9th :D
Next year has to be our year. It has to be. We don't have the team for this year and the Jan transfer window probably arrives too late to save us ( if there was any chance of 2 or 3 decent quality recruits)

Back