This is a genuine tweet.

What has our justice minister and indeed first minister got to say about this "great" news. Anyone passed this on who uses twatter?
Edit.

Any bear that follows them or buys their rag after this should be ashamed.

Article still up

YOU don’t get to 566 appearances for Celtic by listening too keenly to your critics. Scott Brown has confounded his doubters time and time again since making the move to Glasgow from Hibernian back in 2007, surging back from seemingly being on the brink at the club to continue clocking up the honours.

During that glittering 13-year stay with Celtic, there has perhaps only been one occasion where the prospect of him leaving was a real one. Late in 2018, a new name on the football scene in Australia, Western Melbourne FC, set their sights on making Brown their marquee signing, and gave the midfielder a decision to make.

After mulling it over, he decided that he still had more to offer Celtic, and there is no man no more relieved that he did than Neil Lennon. According to the current manager, it would have been catastrophic for the club had he been allowed to slope off into the antipodean sunset. So much so, that even when his legs eventually do give out, he will still do his damnedest to keep him at Celtic.

That’s not to say Lennon sees Brown hanging up his boots any time soon. The extended break that lies ahead due to the coronavirus epidemic doesn’t have many silver linings, but one could be the unexpected respite it gives to Brown after 50 appearances for Celtic so far this season.

“He is looking well, and he has had a great season so far,” said Lennon. “He will be around next year that’s for sure.

“I think he would be a huge loss to us as a club if he stopped playing. The way he has played and the way he leads on and off the park he has been exemplary up until now. This wee break might do him the word him the world of good.”

Much has been made of the markedly different manner of the Celtic manager since he returned to the club last year, with Lennon cutting a much more even-tempered and even serene figure for the most part than he did during his first spell in the dugout.

The presence of Brown has helped to facilitate that, with Lennon safe in the knowledge that the dressing room is in safe hands with his skipper, and that the rest of his players have a standard-bearer to look towards.

“I speak to Scott all the time about things,” he said. “He is my go-to guy in the squad about a range of subjects. I couldn’t ask for a better captain than him to be honest.

“He tells you how the dressing room his feeling about a certain situation or whatever and you go from there. All the players in the team respect him and he is a huge figure at the club.

“He has a bigger role this time around than in my first spell. He is a few years older and he has won so much in the game. He has led the squad to so much success and he has matured into a great lad and great player, so it is only right I speak to him about things.

“He sets the template at this club for all of the players. In training he still has that great desire to work hard and all the boys take their lead from him as their captain.

“You can’t give him that, or coach that into someone, it is built in him. He wants to keep pushing himself, but also the team on to bigger and better things.

“During this spell of not playing, but even when we have games coming up, if he suspects even the slightest bit of complacency then he nips it in the bud straight away.

“Players listen to him and he is a great role model to the players.”

In a display of the leadership qualities that Lennon references, Brown took to social media yesterday to express his own and the club’s support for their fans during this tough period.

“We know it is worrying and difficult times for everyone, and we want you to know that we are thinking about all of our fans,” Brown said.

“You have supported us brilliantly all season, all of the lads. Everyone at the club is now right behind you. Thank you for everything you have given us.

“Your health is everything, so we want you and your families to do everything you can to stay safe.

“We know this is a really difficult time for so many people that we won’t see you for so long, but we want you to know that we will be back. We will see you soon, and we’re looking forward to it.

“Look after yourselves, look after each other. We’re right behind you. Take care.”

Article still up

YOU don’t get to 566 appearances for Celtic by listening too keenly to your critics. Scott Brown has confounded his doubters time and time again since making the move to Glasgow from Hibernian back in 2007, surging back from seemingly being on the brink at the club to continue clocking up the honours.

During that glittering 13-year stay with Celtic, there has perhaps only been one occasion where the prospect of him leaving was a real one. Late in 2018, a new name on the football scene in Australia, Western Melbourne FC, set their sights on making Brown their marquee signing, and gave the midfielder a decision to make.

After mulling it over, he decided that he still had more to offer Celtic, and there is no man no more relieved that he did than Neil Lennon. According to the current manager, it would have been catastrophic for the club had he been allowed to slope off into the antipodean sunset. So much so, that even when his legs eventually do give out, he will still do his damnedest to keep him at Celtic.

That’s not to say Lennon sees Brown hanging up his boots any time soon. The extended break that lies ahead due to the coronavirus epidemic doesn’t have many silver linings, but one could be the unexpected respite it gives to Brown after 50 appearances for Celtic so far this season.

“He is looking well, and he has had a great season so far,” said Lennon. “He will be around next year that’s for sure.

“I think he would be a huge loss to us as a club if he stopped playing. The way he has played and the way he leads on and off the park he has been exemplary up until now. This wee break might do him the word him the world of good.”

Much has been made of the markedly different manner of the Celtic manager since he returned to the club last year, with Lennon cutting a much more even-tempered and even serene figure for the most part than he did during his first spell in the dugout.

The presence of Brown has helped to facilitate that, with Lennon safe in the knowledge that the dressing room is in safe hands with his skipper, and that the rest of his players have a standard-bearer to look towards.

“I speak to Scott all the time about things,” he said. “He is my go-to guy in the squad about a range of subjects. I couldn’t ask for a better captain than him to be honest.

“He tells you how the dressing room his feeling about a certain situation or whatever and you go from there. All the players in the team respect him and he is a huge figure at the club.

“He has a bigger role this time around than in my first spell. He is a few years older and he has won so much in the game. He has led the squad to so much success and he has matured into a great lad and great player, so it is only right I speak to him about things.

“He sets the template at this club for all of the players. In training he still has that great desire to work hard and all the boys take their lead from him as their captain.

“You can’t give him that, or coach that into someone, it is built in him. He wants to keep pushing himself, but also the team on to bigger and better things.

“During this spell of not playing, but even when we have games coming up, if he suspects even the slightest bit of complacency then he nips it in the bud straight away.

In a display of the leadership qualities that Lennon references, Brown took to social media yesterday to express his own and the club’s support for their fans during this tough period.

“We know it is worrying and difficult times for everyone, and we want you to know that we are thinking about all of our fans,” Brown said.

“You have supported us brilliantly all season, all of the lads. Everyone at the club is now right behind you. Thank you for everything you have given us.

“Your health is everything, so we want you and your families to do everything you can to stay safe.

“We know this is a really difficult time for so many people that we won’t see you for so long, but we want you to know that we will be back. We will see you soon, and we’re looking forward to it.

“Look after yourselves, look after each other. We’re right behind you. Take care.”

Linked it ffs

Article still up

Scumbag

Shocking.

The line from the article that stands out is “glittering 13-year stay with Celtic”. Only in the eyes of delusional Celtic supporters...

So Lego eater, on £25k a week, gets a break because of COVID-19 and every poor nurse who has just graduated is getting that a year and not a single minutes break.

That article is hopefully the end of that newspaper for evermore.

Every time you think that they cannot get any lower, they continue to plummet to further depths of indecency . These so called journalists are so fixated with the desire to ingratiate themselves to the scum horde, that all social filters are in the off position.

Beyond belief that that tweet saw the light of day. And as much as he’s a classless ned at the best of times, I can’t see Brown being too happy with the context either.

Just when you think the mHedia have scraped the barrel, they break through the bottom and are now digging into the ground.

Scotshit journalism at it's very,very best. Embarrassing but this is their priorities not the thousands of people losing their lives worldwide. Yes this is what journalism in scotland has sunk to and it stinks.

It’s not just a tweet, It’s written in the article and a quote from the scum manager saying Lego eater may benefit from “this wee break”. It’s one of the most disgusting insensitive article I can remember reading

Who needs Hollicom when you have your mhedia puppets keeping on message even when no one actually gives a shit about football except the beasts?

Disgraceful but sadly, unsurprising in this country these days

It’s not just a tweet, It’s written in the article and a quote from the scum manager saying Lego eater may benefit from “this wee break”. It’s one of the most disgusting insensitive article I can remember reading
I thought it was the journalist opinion was it really Neil Lennon who said it surely not, the fact that journalists are still even showing their bias towards this mob is well and truly dismaying for the profession they represent.

They also had a quote with this ‘story’ - ‘plenty life in Scott Brown’ - this was without doubt the sickest piece of reporting I’ve ever seen .

Its been posted before but how crass is that, was it Lennon who was quoted or is it McGarry's opinion. Lennon has previous by demanding this season's title but does the author of the piece have a back catalogue of being an absolute bellend?

if there is still anyone that needs a reason to not buy that newspaper then they have it. Used to be a good paper the Herald, now absolute trash.

Oh well if the so called journalist that wrote that ends up burying his maw or da because of coronavirus he can console himself with the knowledge that at least Brown got a good rest.

Prick!

Why are they still printing newspapers ? Considering older citizens can use TV and radio(and many are fine with the Internet) for news does a large collection of paper sheets, traditionally handled by many, not present a problem in itself ??

In the interests of Us at least, I'd like to see a long hiatus for the agenda-driven bastards up here. Hopefully the death knell that has been hoped for.

I'll say one thing about the mhedia - they're certainly consistent in pushing the agenda of one side.

Their side.

I've omitted parts of this piece but the 'why' part is determined wholly by the allegiance of the writer.

Why the SPFL should declare Celtic Premiership champions - and relegate Hearts

Matthew Lindsay

My own view is that declaring Celtic Premiership champions, relegating Hearts to the Championship and promoting Dundee United to the top flight based on the placings on March 13 when the suspension was announced and doing the same in the lower leagues is the wisest course of action to take and would solve many issues.

That may be tough on second-placed Rangers. They could, theoretically, still win the Scottish title despite being 13 points behind their city rivals with nine games, including two Old Firm matches, still to play. Stewart Robertson, the Ibrox managing director, has warned about the impact it would have on “sporting integrity” if all the matches aren’t played.

It would, too, be harsh in the extreme on Hearts. They might, despite being four points adrift at the bottom of the table, be able to extricate themselves from their predicament. They have 24 points still to play for.

But these are exceptional times which call for extraordinary measures. Drawing parallels with similar situations in leagues around the world in years gone by is facile. Not for a century has the world faced an emergency of this scale or seriousness.
….

What fair-minded observer would begrudge Celtic, who have played almost 80 per cent of their league games, the title? They have been by far and away the most consistent and impressive performers. Could Rangers, whose loss of form this year has been spectacular, really topple them? It would take a collapse of Devon Loch proportions by the current runaway leaders to do so.

Hearts as well could, given how wretchedly they have fared since the Premiership started back in August, have no real complaints if they went down. There were hopes that Daniel Stendel would save them. But in their last game before the shutdown they lost to St Mirren away.

For a shameless mob who think serial child abuse and open support for terrorists is only a minor embarrassment at worst and something to be proud of at best, those sick comments probably hit the nail right on the head - to their warped thought processes.
Is there a barrel anywhere in the world those disgusting slugs have not scraped the bottom of?

Back