This is an opportunity and a gift - we might only get one chance

We don't who does genuine question?, songs glorifying terrorism are totally acceptable on European nights in our own city yet we sing against the perpetrators and are deemed the bad guys this whole scenario stinks to high heavens.
I'm not disagreeing however we are in no position to take the moral high ground.

We can if we sort ourselves out though.

Our fans are very well behaved in comparison to many other groups across Europe if we caused it in the same way others do, evoked the fines others have and gave Uefa a wee %^*& you message what would happen?

As much of a fucking nightmare it is that we are possibly going to be emailing people to tell them their ticket has been cancelled is, it's probably the best way of getting fans to actually self police and condemn the arseholes that keep getting us punished.

Fines make no difference, but when the actual supporters are the ones being punished then perhaps things might change.

When is it time to say enough then ? The time to fight as you say. People are sick and tired of being demonised and singled out when there is GENUINELY FAR FAR WORSE being tolerated within our our own city. People need to know eufa have opened a real can of worms here and there is NO CRIME in pointing that out.

Agree.

But we can only do this at the same time as very very clearly stopping the shit that a minority of our support do.

We also need to be very specific in our accusations. The paedophilia thing is way beyond UEFA. That needs criminal investigation and prosecution. And is not directly attached to today’s Celtic football club so they are unlikely to get any uefa sanction. Legal and/or criminal sanctions are different. Equally we cannot claim that any Irish song is racist, even if everyone knows that the reasons for singing it are sectarian. We can only go after the ones that are explicit. There are plenty of them so it shouldn’t be hard. But we dilute our own point if we mix everything up together.

Going after others is secondary though. We need to look after ourselves first. Any crap amongst our own support has to stop now. Attacking others comes after we are safe.

I have said for years that there is a support that we have a huge amount in common with who have done excellent work to re-invent themselves in the past 5-10 years, the atmosphere at there games is top class.

Northern Ireland.

If they can cut out all of the shite, why can't we?

This club will never reach it's true potential until we sort this out once and for all!

In life, yes. With shite sung from the stands? Not so much.
We could sit in silence then that'll work eh? If our team played behind closed doors somebody would still have something to say it is literally anything to have a go as will be proven some point soon.

After today there are no further chances. We are one game away from being expelled and banned from European competition. It has to end here to avoid our club being thrown into a crisis of monumental proportions which expulsion will almost certainly bring both off and on the field.

With whom will our hand be stronger?

Certainly nobody in authority in Scottish football or Government.

If you believe its anything than a witch hunt against Rangers then that's a breathtaking level of naiviety.

It is a witchhunt and they are desperate for us to continue doing what we are doing.

That's why we have to change.

We could sit in silence then that'll work eh? If our team played behind closed doors somebody would still have something to say it is literally anything to have a go as will be proven some point soon.
Do you not know any Rangers songs that can be sung instead?

There really is no need to continue with the harmful songs.

You can identify as a proud, staunch Rangers fan without singing about the Pope.

You can celebrate our culture without singing about an IRA man who died 38 years ago.

You don’t need to scream 19th Century Terrorist bastard to prove how much of a Rangers man you are.

I agree with everything you say but it won’t make a blind bit of difference to the catholic fascists who want us shut down.
If it’s not a song, it will be a flag or a banner or even Armed Forces day at Ibrox. They will grass us up for absolutely anything they think that somebody will listen to.
This will never end until the club start to confront the real bhigots.
They have already pressured the MOD to end the heart warming togetherness of the Remembrance Day games at Ibrox as it is deemed offensive, can’t be seen honouring your countries armed forces, it is offensive to terriosts

Almost everyone, almost anyone

The club has to make some kind of video to play before kick off. Have ex-players talk about how tbb and songs about the pope are damaging the club and it’s reputation, and that we have to cut them out for the clubs sake. Try and hammer the point home to a full Ibrox that we are bigger than this medieval bullshit.

Do you not know any Rangers songs that can be sung instead?
Plenty mate my point is there will always be skewed views on our support and this'll get worse after fat Pete getting appointed at Uefa they tried to kill us and failed now they do everything and anything to undermine us FARE were set up purely to play with us didn't see them having a go about a British soldier being murdered song or various other vile ditties, nope we need a level playing field.

Last edited:
They have already pressured the MOD to end the heart warming togetherness of the Remembrance Day games at Ibrox as it is deemed offensive, can’t be seen honouring your countries armed forces, it is offensive to terriosts

Almost everyone, almost anyone
That is just fucking wrong I hope it falls on it's face.

I keep reading “a small minority” when in actual fact that’s just not the case. By and far the vast majority of our support hold true the same or similar views than those who came before them and we shouldn’t be vilifying ourselves for doing so. We are being made an example of and there are far far too many people on here all too keen to overlook that.

If the time has come to distance ourselves from our traditional values for the good of Rangers then I’m willing to do so ONLY if we are judged equally. I can’t reiterate that enough. All this horse shit about what is and isn’t sectarian in the other mobs song book is just that.......... HORSE SHIT! It’s defamatory, it’s sectarian and it’s getting worse NOT better.

All this at a time when we are being threatened with a European ban if we don’t watch our P’s and q’s. We accept this without a robust demand for equality from eufa then there really is no point in following any longer.

I dont think the people posting that pish even know what it means. I certainly don't.

To an extent, the people pedalling this faux call to arms against UEFA are contributors to the wider problem. All else is futile unless we stop giving these people a free pop at punishing us - that starts with banning anyone singing about 19th Century Terrorists, Catholics or the pope inside Ibrox. Everything else is secondary to addressing the singing problem.

I hope this gives a voice to those who hate the loyalist pish! I fear there may be a stubborn element who continue, but I think there may be a louder shout down from the good Rangers fans against sectarianism. I have no doubt that a lot of those singing the UVF stuff will admit they are only doing it because others are doing it.

Attitudes that have changed in society:
Smoking in pubs
Wearing seatbelts in cars

We all got over them, and we will get over this.
For me it's quite simple. The good fans need to police the bad fans. I don't mean personally confront them but they need to involve the police and report the offenders. The Club can't do much more. It's time for the Police to impose the law. It's the only way the offenders will learn.

It keeps coming back to one simple issue.

That issue is parity of treatment with supporters of other clubs.

If that issue can't be addressed, there will be no "Progress" on this matter.

I'm not sure why anyone would be content to behave like a boy scout whilst opposition fans have carte blanche to sing as they please. It doesn't seem very fair and nor will it solve anything.

I get what your saying. But, the opposition aren’t getting hit with fines, partial closures and the threat of full closure / expulsion from Europe.
So, our focus needs to be solely on us, not others. It may be deemed as unfair but we have to sort ourselves out. If we do then we can collectively go after the opposition and get parity.

I agree but it wont just happen without some meaningful dialogue between the club and fans. Im talking about Club 1872, SLO, UB, TBO and reps from supporters' clubs and associations. Unite and fight.
Absolutely essential as a means of addressing this. There has to be face to face dialogue between the club and fans and we can get all our respected ex players to join the initiative. Surely, if we come together we can get this sorted?

Absolutely essential as a means of addressing this. There has to be face to face dialogue between the club and fans and we can get all our respected ex players to join the initiative. Surely, if we come together we can get this sorted?

Dont know if you've tried approaching anyone at Ibrox but its a bit of a lost cause. They'll claim they're doing everything they can but will just carry on issuing statements after the event and pleading for the songs to stop. Its going to take something special to change this. They're untouchable.

Dont know if you've tried approaching anyone at Ibrox but its a bit of a lost cause. They'll claim they're doing everything they can but will just carry on issuing statements after the event and pleading for the songs to stop. Its going to take something special to change this. They're untouchable.
The club campaign of "Everyone, Anyone" needs to grasp this by the balls and use it as a catalyst to spark it life, not just words. At the same time we must not be shy in being proud of our history and heritage, its essential that this is also defended.

It's not been a good day for sure and I feel for those who have lost their tickets for Thursday, many through no fault of their own.
However how we as a support respond to this can be the difference between something which might in future be looked back on as an issue which arose and was sorted out or as something of a different order altogether.
Events of 2012 and more recently have shown that we as a support are at our best when under attack from those who tried to drive our club to oblivion.
We need to turn this back on our detractors by getting smarter, not handing them ammunition to attack us with whilst still giving the team 100% backing.
If this episode helps to again galvanise the support, we can channel the anger around this into something positive.
An intimidating atmosphere next Thursday and backing the team in the way SG has asked will be a good first step in throwing this back at the haters in groups such as FARE and elsewhere.
WATP

We as a club and a support have reached a tipping point either we get our act together or European football will be just a memory for us.
It’s not going to just be European football. You can bet it’s coming to domestic football too. There’s simply no excuse for it. Anyone singing the FTP stuff is no fan of Rangers.

It’s not going to just be European football. You can bet it’s coming to domestic football too. There’s simply no excuse for it. Anyone singing the FTP stuff is no fan of Rangers.
the club says dont do it and they are perfectly entitled to do so, its their business and they set the rules, so DONT do it, suicide otherwise, just when things are looking up we shoot ourselves in the foot

I agree but it wont just happen without some meaningful dialogue between the club and fans. Im talking about Club 1872, SLO, UB, TBO and reps from supporters' clubs and associations. Unite and fight.

I like the slogan, somebody in another thread mentioned the Northern Ireland fans and N.I. football association getting together and having that meaningful dialogue to deal with the very same problem we are facing repeatedly.

The N.I. support has become legendary now and they are being lauded for it whilst being no less staunch patriotic and passionate, they are supporting their team/country in a positive fashion and have in the main stopped giving their enemies ammunition to attack them with which is exactly what our enemies want Rangers fans to do!

Our enemies revel in this as we still have too many people in our support who are a liability as they either can’t wise up to the fact the filth are out to get us or they just don’t care in which case these kind of people need eradicated from our ranks.

the club says dont do it and they are perfectly entitled to do so, its their business and they set the rules, so DONT do it, suicide otherwise, just when things are looking up we shoot ourselves in the foot
I think the club must be near breaking point on this . We’ve just launched the Everyone Anyone campaign and got it slammed back in our face by our own “ supporters”. I reckon the next step will see more fans being banned and maybe some losing season tickets. Let’s face it, with recording happening at Ibrox, it would be quite easy to find folks who are doing this. And the club are completely within their right to do so.

Absolutely.

And speaking as someone who has sang everything there is to sing at Rangers games, the St Joseph's game was my daughter's first competitive game attended, we sat above the UB in Broomloan Rear, and for the first time I was a bit uncomfortable listening to some of the things that I have sang for years.

Not that I suddenly became a paragon of virtue, but I did wonder about having to explain to the wean what it was all about, I suppose others may have gone through this in the past as parents.
So before perenthood you did not know what you were singing about ...... wow

Forget rights, wrongs and inconsistencies, we have one chance to get this right.

Got me thinking that this is actually an opportunity to re-invent ourselves as a support, and to kill stone dead the inevitable SFA/SPFL sanctions and strict liabilities that will follow. Our enemies are foaming at the mouth and emboldened, and are not really offended, but it's a way to attack us.

We now have a vibrant young energetic Management team and group of players knocking the ball about as well as I have seen, and we seem to be getting so much right in terms of our club rehabilitation and football operations, Youth Dev, improvements to stadium, Hummel Centre etc

If the support can unite and move on from singing about 19th Century Terrorist's, the Pope, Catholics, Paramilitaries, (this horse has bolted by the way, it's a game we can't win) we may find a brave new world that fit's in with our evolution on the field.

I think this is now the only way forward.

we could boycott every game for the next 10 years and the authorities would still sanction us in some form.

I think the club must be near breaking point on this . We’ve just launched the Everyone Anyone campaign and got it slammed back in our face by our own “ supporters”. I reckon the next step will see more fans being banned and maybe some losing season tickets. Let’s face it, with recording happening at Ibrox, it would be quite easy to find folks who are doing this. And the club are completely within their right to do so.

we launch everyone anyone. FARE then almost instantly attacks us.

Yep no correlation whatsoever.

It's all UB07's fault.

we launch everyone anyone. FARE then almost instantly attacks us.

Yep no correlation whatsoever.

It's all UB07's fault.
We gave them the ammunition. We did launch Everyone Anyone. Then proceeded to sing songs that make a mockery of the campaign right after it. The buck stops with our fans, not FARE. We clearly violate UEFA rules in European games. We could easily have been charged last season.

The charge was for a match that happened before the campaign was launched. But it could just have easily been for a game after it was launched. It was just a matter of time.

I never mentioned UB07.

We gave them the ammunition. We did launch Everyone Anyone. Then proceeded to sing songs that make a mockery of the campaign right after it. The buck stops with our fans, not FARE. We clearly violate UEFA rules in European games. We could easily have been charged last season.

The charge was for a match that happened before the campaign was launched. But it could just have easily been for a game after it was launched. It was just a matter of time.

I never mentioned UB07.

I will continue to repeat this as I have done over several threads.

The club punt out orange kits. The connotations are obvious and point to a connection with a protestant institution. The players and staff are strolling about decked in orange training gear whilst the board are preaching to us about leaving that culture behind? Come on to fvck.

Forget rights, wrongs and inconsistencies, we have one chance to get this right.

Got me thinking that this is actually an opportunity to re-invent ourselves as a support, and to kill stone dead the inevitable SFA/SPFL sanctions and strict liabilities that will follow. Our enemies are foaming at the mouth and emboldened, and are not really offended, but it's a way to attack us.

We now have a vibrant young energetic Management team and group of players knocking the ball about as well as I have seen, and we seem to be getting so much right in terms of our club rehabilitation and football operations, Youth Dev, improvements to stadium, Hummel Centre etc

If the support can unite and move on from singing about 19th Century Terrorist's, the Pope, Catholics, Paramilitaries, (this horse has bolted by the way, it's a game we can't win) we may find a brave new world that fit's in with our evolution on the field.

This is the best written attempt yet at exploiting the recent sanction as a means to shape the support in an image more to OP's liking. It ranks above tough and numerous competition, too. Great stuff.

Why is everybody so quick to criticise our own support and demonise our song book. We all know where this originates from. We all know who have brought it to the attention of footballs governing body. That’s right the same hypocritical bastards, the same morally bankrupt shower of human filth ever to populate this country. If we are to give up these traditions in order to adhere to the “progressive thinking” of the modern world we will do well to remember one simple fact. There was very good reason why generations before us vociferously opposed these people and there beliefs!
This attitude is why we are in this mess. It’s 2019. Time to start realising that we are a football team and start enjoying that aspect. Anyone that goes along to games to sing about the pope, uvf, peados etc are completely selfish and shouldn’t be welcome at our club anymore. They will cause us harm.

I will continue to repeat this as I have done over several threads.

The club punt out orange kits. The connotations are obvious and point to a connection with a protestant institution. The players and staff are strolling about decked in orange training gear whilst the board are preaching to us about leaving that culture behind? Come on to fvck.

You can still acknowledge your own culture and identity without having to denigrate someone else’s.’

Spot on. I agree 100%.

These people want us dead. Cutting out the whole fkin songbook wont change that. Wake the fk up! And no I am not condoning the singing. The fans stopped the BB and they tried to say the Hokey-Kokey was sectarian ffs! these kunts despise us. Are you really so fkin naive to think that if everyone sits on their hands and shuts the fk up the mentally challengeds wont try to do us one? You need a reality check.

This attitude is why we are in this mess. It’s 2019. Time to start realising that we are a football team and start enjoying that aspect. Anyone that goes along to games to sing about the pope, uvf, peados etc are completely selfish and shouldn’t be welcome at our club anymore. They will cause us harm.

Wrong.

The reason we are in this mess is because we afforded our detractors free hand to demonise us without retort.

That situation has went on so long I personally have serious doubts we are even capable of defending ourselves properly any longer but supposing we do people really aught to know this. This CANNOT be allowed to be a one way street!

If the time for change has arrived for eufa they had better make damn sure sure they police the issue with an even hand. Rangers as a club also have to be far more switched on and make serious inroads to applying the same level of scrutiny as our enemies across the city do on us.

If you look at the comments on the Heart and Hand forum and the majority on here it seems like most fans get it and see the big picture. One look at Facebook and Twitter however tells a difference story.

I’m genuinely worried about what will come next.

This current team have a great opportunity to do something special and all Rangers fans should be supporting that. Sadly we’re not talking about real Rangers fans here. They just want to attach themselves to Rangers so that they can sing what they want.

After I heard UEFA’s news yesterday all of our great performances since the start of the season went right out the window.
As I’ve gone through FF over the last 24 hours I’m now feeling really positive as it seems the vast majority of us know this is our last chance and it’s a chance to re-invent ourselves.
I really hope this positive feedback gets back to Gerard, the players and the club.
We’re all in this together.

The club has to lead this but we are effectively leaderless.

We don't who does genuine question?, songs glorifying terrorism are totally acceptable on European nights in our own city yet we sing against the perpetrators and are deemed the bad guys this whole scenario stinks to high heavens.
Terrorists aren’t a protected group. We sing songs using the word 19th Century Terrorist, that UEFA have came out multiple times in the past and said isn’t acceptable. Stop looking at what other people do. Yes FARE and UEFA are looking at us more than anyone else, but that’s because we probably offend more than anyone else because at least once every game we as a support sing about 19th Century Terrorists. It’s mind blowing that some people are trying to use the “but look what they’re doing” as a defence for our own crimes. It’s pathetic. This is entirely on us.

Agree 100%. The club now needs to commence a supporter engagement strategy like never before and drag all the groups, influential fans together and tackle this head on, united like never before. It could even galvanise us.

Exactly. We should also hire a real PR attack dog like the character in your avatar.

The club has to lead this but we are effectively leaderless.

Agreed. There's a real lack of leadership and direction. No one has the balls to deal with this so Steven Gerrard ends up having to field the leading questions. I heard an interview where he was asked about his feelings on these songs as he attended a Catholic school. He dealt with it well but thats not the point.

Back