This is going to be an EPL stadium next season

The play-offs are considered a separate competition from the league season. Entry is gained via the finishing positions of the regular season.

The winners therefore receive a trophy as the winner of the “EFL Championship Play offs” as well as entry into the Premier League.
I just think it’s a bit cringe worthy and awards should only be given to those who come top in their endeavours.

For me, the only things missing are cheer leaders and bursting through giant paper walls as they enter the field.

You get one little thing wrong on here....
Did you hear two stories too?:))
I seen him shown during the game and couldn’t put a name to his face for about 10mns, then it clicked. He had Luton playing some good football in his day.
He may well be out kerb crawling around Wembley as we speak, before going to team celebrations?

That's their ground, it was at the start of the season and it is today.

Why is anyone complaining, it is what it is.
That doesn't mean that it will be accepted for the EPL though. They have their own criteria and having been there I would be surprised if it passes. Stranger things have happened though.

imagine buying a house there thinking it'll be cosy wee football fans arriving then getting chelsea, liverpool and newcastle fans turning up
:D
I think some of the clubs they've played the last few years will have been more hassle than any of them clubs.

Pisses me off how that nuclear waste site gets to bank hundreds of millions as we scoop up a few smarties and a lump of shite.

True, time restricted also.

Just checked and the attendance is 10.5k which is higher than Bournemouth.
Bournemouths average is just over 11k, max is 11364. Luton will have the smallest ground in the EPL next season. As an aside, fair play to them, they have quietly built a side over about three seasons, good enough to get out of that division ( which isn't easy ), without spending a fortune.

I hope they stay up. The money for a 2nd season will effectively pay for the new Power Court stadium.

Also a big FU to the English FA having screwed them over.
That season ( 2008/9) they were docked 30 points, Bournemouth and Rotherham 17 each in the bottom division. So it's great to see where they all are now.

With a few big teams being relegated this year that was also Coventrys best chance, it might be a while before they get anywhere near again.

Fair play to Luton and their fans, they’ve earned their place but that ground is an absolute hovel. Makes Tannadice look impressive.

I just think it’s a bit cringe worthy and awards should only be given to those who come top in their endeavours.

For me, the only things missing are cheer leaders and bursting through giant paper walls as they enter the field.
I don't know what you were drinking/Inhaling last night but I suggest you don't do it again B-D

Always found restrictions to grounds in top flights strange. If it’s safe for Championship games then why would it be unsafe for EPL games? If they can screen live games for Sky in the EFL then why not EPL?
The changes needed are nothing to do with safety, they’re to do with press facilities, broadcast units and improved floodlights. The difference in screening live games in the EPL as opposed to the EFL is the scale, there is a vast international interest in the EPL and this mean things like requiring at least 15 TV commentary positions as opposed to the couple they’ve required till now.

Imagine being a season ticket holder, roll out the front door, join the queue, pass your back garden, up the stairs, then to your seat. Eat a raw hot dog, home for dinner in about a minute or two. You could use your own bog at half time!!!

Ain't that the truth! Loll
350240276_1266212980651028_4628166245798778657_n.jpg

The changes needed are nothing to do with safety, they’re to do with press facilities, broadcast units and improved floodlights. The difference in screening live games in the EPL as opposed to the EFL is the scale, there is a vast international interest in the EPL and this mean things like requiring at least 15 TV commentary positions as opposed to the couple they’ve required till now.
Fair enough mate!

Back