This is now GVB’s Most Important Game of his Career

Win or lose today, GvB will still be Rangers manager next season.

Would be fantastic to end the season with a Scottish Cup win , but it's never going to cast doubt over Gio if that doesn't happen.

Reactions: TNT
FFS!

Yes, we SHOULD win today.

But, after Levski Sofia and Kaunas, I would say his next European tie is his most important.

It took him a bit to settle in. Unlike Gerrard, he hadn't done his homework prior to taking the job on. It took time to get to know the players - and players him.

Also, some players may have felt a bit uncertain with a new boss coming in.

That is what cost us the league IMO. And dodgy officials.

He has made mistakes - but, he seems to have learned from most of them.

He has made some gutsy decisions within games. Like Roofe coming on against Aberdeen. At Parkhead, we finished with a front 4 (incl. Goldson).

Get behind the man - and the team FFS! They absolutely deserve it.

We just lost a European final on pens..........who can believe that after being dire in both games against Malmo and Alashkert. Then dire again against Lyon and Sparta.

Last edited:
If he wins us the cup today, we can reflect on a fairly successful season with the European run and build for next season.

But I don’t even want to think of the ramifications if we don’t win. I think his time will be up at Rangers if we end up with no trophy.

No pressure, Gio.
Ffs, they're some nut jobs in our support,

Wit a load a pish, gee it a rest, absolute mental shout. If we were to lose the day(which we wont) id still want gio to take us into next season. Surely to %^*& hes proved himself as adequate.

I get people are hurt after Wednesday but calling for the managers head or even suggesting that his time is up if he doesn’t win the Scottish cup is bordering on lunacy !

40% of his penalty takers had 4 minutes of football, adrenaline and concentration in them in a game where the game was screaming for them from 60-70 minutes onwards.

Thats poor decision making of the highest order on the highest stage.

Garbage

It’s not the biggest game of his career, but losing today would be worse than Wednesday because it would mean we’ve thrown it away twice in a week.

Individually, Wednesday was about a million times bigger, but having a cup final to recover from it is a great opportunity and I’m sure the boys will take it.

If he wins us the cup today, we can reflect on a fairly successful season with the European run and build for next season.

But I don’t even want to think of the ramifications if we don’t win. I think his time will be up at Rangers if we end up with no trophy.

No pressure, Gio.
Are you crazy? Why oh why oh why do you think that? Fans like you scare me

No pressure, Gio.
Christ almighty!

I am someone who is on record as preferring a different candidate, but there is no danger of Gio losing his job any time soon.

What he did with the European run guarantees him at least next season, and probably more. I can see him getting us back to a European final fairly soon too.

No pressure, Gio.
It may not be up if he loses but for me me he has not convinced me yet,I think I am a bit angry at the fact that Goldson who made it plain long ago to all and sundry that he was letting his contract run down was continually allowed to be first pick every week,maybe it's me but it's a bad message to send to other players who are in their last year,whether it's their right or not to do so those players should have seen Goldson on the bench more often and players who were commited to us playing,so for Gio I would hope in any future situation like this he would hopefully use his authority and let them know if they don't want to stay then should spend more time on the sidelines

This is more important for the squad than the manager IMO. One trophy in the last few seasons is a poor return from them.

Its more important than Wednesday or the last day title decider with Feyenoord?

Insightful.

It's as insightful as your take on things.

Barisic was supposed to take a penalty. He had to go off injured. Him missing today confirms he's injured.

Roofe is the 2nd best penalty taker in the squad, he was always coming on to take one.

Part of your post about decision making or whatever you said is absolute tripe.

No pressure, Gio.
You talk a load of shit.Are you sure you are a Rangers supporter.Fairly successful--we got to a european final and earned millions.

No pressure, Gio.
He needs time to build his own team.

Only if you take the notion that our next game is our most important.

Obviously Wednesday was our most important game of this or just about any other season where a win not only made the players legends, made a shit load of money this season AND guaranteed almost the same amount of money next season whilst putting our name on the lips of every professional player and indeed fan in the world.

It doesn't need explaining but THAT was our most important game of the season and this is absolute small-fry in comparison.

No pressure, Gio.
A fickle supporter that was probably raving 4 days ago - on the back of a 14 game Europa run. And now claiming the managers position is fragile.

GVB will be with us for a very long time - because he's a great manager and he loves the club.

See
It's as insightful as your take on things.

Barisic was supposed to take a penalty. He had to go off injured. Him missing today confirms he's injured.

Roofe is the 2nd best penalty taker in the squad, he was always coming on to take one.

Part of your post about decision making or whatever you said is absolute tripe.

Was the over run midfield midway through the second half not screaming for Davis and or Ramsay?

Goal aside, was Aribo in anyway effective in a way Roofe wouldn’t have bettered?

These things happen and there isn’t even a need for penalty takers.

Highlight the parts you think are ‘tripe’.

Floors yours senator.

No pressure, Gio.
Gibberish

Knives appear to be out for Gio before the game today has even started.

He is here next season regardless of result today. Get behind the team, they need the support more today than ever
It’s only a select band of little malcontents on here.

Wee fannies who would be more than happy for us to lose so they can can come onto a message board to say i told you so.

Fuuckin clowns.

No pressure, Gio.

For a man who has won a Champions League and has played in the World Cup Final, and taken us to one kick of winning the Europa League, I hardly think so...lol We really do have a lot of fans that talk utter nonsense.

See

Was the over run midfield midway through the second half not screaming for Davis and or Ramsay?

Goal aside, was Aribo in anyway effective in a way Roofe wouldn’t have bettered?

These things happen and there isn’t even a need for penalty takers.

Highlight the parts you think are ‘tripe’.

Floors yours senator.

Roofe clearly wasn't fit for anything other than what we got

Davis came on mid way through the 2nd half.

I'd have loved Ramsey to play longer if he was able to play for longer, he's done nothing to prove he could be trusted to come on.

You can't criticise the decision making when you don't know all the facts

Roofe clearly wasn't fit for anything other than what we got
- I could refer you to the press conference where Gio categorically said that wasn’t the case, but can’t be arsed.
Davis came on mid way through the 2nd half.
- So did James Sands, and just as remarkably Sakala
I'd have loved Ramsey to play longer if he was able to play for longer, he's done nothing to prove he could be trusted to come on.
- if he’s fit, as quoted, he strolls in, even up to or on at 50 minutes.

You can't criticise the decision making when you don't know all the facts

- I’m quoting facts from our manager.

Next?

No pressure, Gio.
Dear God :eek::eek::eek:

One of the worst posts I've ever seen on here

Seriously you should consider taking up watching another sport

No pressure, Gio.
Hahahahahahahahaha congratulations on the dumbest post of the year so far.

- I could refer you to the press conference where Gio categorically said that wasn’t the case, but can’t be arsed.

- So did James Sands, and just as remarkably Sakala

- if he’s fit, as quoted, he strolls in, even up to or on at 50 minutes.

- I’m quoting facts from our manager.

Next?
No you aren't. You are talking absolute shite

Back