This is the worrying thing....

Shamrock hand and crown

The worrying thing is we are probably going to have to spend in the region of £20 million on practically building a new team and where is the money going to come from?
What a monumental fuc k up from those who appointed Pedro !

Wes..... Probably

Tav.......Not good enough

Wilson...Not good enough

Mcrorie ..Huge potential

John......Not good enough

Holt......Not good Enough

Jack......Good Enough

Windass..Not good enough

Miller.....it's over

Candias...Possibly

Moreles... Good Enough

Wallace , Alves and Dorrans all good enough.

Pena , Herrera and Dalcio ...Not good enough.

Last edited:
Cardoso....probably not good enough

McCrorie is being overplayed in a poor team

I also suspect Wallace is finished.

Rossiter, krankjar.....

And that's before we add in forrester, ohalloran and dodooo

That is some amount of dross to get rid of.

The worrying thing is we are probably going to have to spend in the region of £20 million on practically building a new team and where is the money going to come from?

Wes..... Probably

Wilson...Not good enough

Mcrorie ..Huge potential

Jack......Good Enough

Windass..Not good enough

Miller.....it's over

Candias...Possibly

Moreles... Good Enough

Pena , Herrara and Dalcio ...Not good enough.

Jack good enough? He's been chronic for months now. Genuinely surprised at how many rate him. A supposed defensive midfielder who can't tackle, constantly loses his man, has next to zero presence in the midfield.

I’d say to win the league you need around 4 top players, and the rest can be ‘steady eddies’.

I’m not sure the situation is just as bad as the OP paints it.

A couple of full backs, a midfield general, and a creative left winger/ forward would make a huge difference to us.

I’d say to win the league you need around 4 top players, and the rest can be ‘steady eddies’.

A couple of full backs, a midfield general, and a creative left winger/ forward would make a huge difference to us.
I wish I had your optimism mate but the reality is we need at least 8 first team players that are far better than what we have.

Warburton's squad needed upgrading. Instead Pedro was allowed to vandalise the club and we are in a worse position than we were in February.

If the club had a vision and/or philosophy we would never have appointed PC. He was the opposite of Warburton in so many ways.

Now we have the worst of both worlds.

You are correct OP we need serious investment and even if it comes we have no more margin for error.

We do have a lot of duffers for sure.

If you look at the quality of the squad when we won the league in 2009, was it all that different if you exclude the top 4-5 players?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_Rangers_F.C._season

I’m not sure?
I disagree if you look at what would’ve the usual 1st 11 in that team they are all to a man far far better than what we are watching now. Andreas Velicka is even a more effective player than Herrera.

I'm not sure changing all the players again is the way forward, maybe we would be better taking a different approach this time and trying to add 2 or clear higher quality players, replacing the others graduallly

Wes..... Probably

Wilson...Not good enough

Mcrorie ..Huge potential

Jack......Good Enough

Windass..Not good enough

Miller.....it's over

Candias...Possibly

Moreles... Good Enough

I'm not sure changing all the players again is the way forward, maybe we would be better taking a different approach this time and trying to add 2 or clear higher quality players, replacing the others graduallly

This shower of fuckinh shite have now overseen 2 managers and have people calling for Murty to get bagged.

Newsflash! The squad is the worst weve ever had. A squad of losers.

We need to find investment or we will find ourselves scrapping it out for 2nd place every year.

Thats not Rangers.

The Board need to pull.l a rabbit out the hat here because this club is going south. And rapidly

Wes..... Probably

Tav.......Not good enough - disagree

Wilson...Not good enough - only as backup

Mcrorie ..Huge potential - yes

John......Not good enough- disagree, has potential.

Holt......Not good Enough - disagree he can do a job, squad player.

Jack......Good Enough - yip

Windass..Not good enough - disagree, has potential, still young and has talent. Needs confidence.

Miller.....it's over - yip

Candias...Possibly - yip, he has been pretty strong, with a better team around him he could be brilliant.

Moreles... Good Enough - Morelos ;) - yip needs goals but YES

Wallace , Alves and Dorrans all good enough. Wallace no, he is done. Has been for the last year at least. Alves yes and Dorrans Yes.

Pena , Herrera and Dalcio ...Not good enough. On all three - not sure but penà definitely has something in him, possibly just not suited to Scotland.

An add on to your thoughts

The really worrying thing is we are getting beat off teams that have a fraction of our income and a fraction of our fan base.
This has been going on for years and we don’t learn from it.
We have fantastic training facilities but look unfit.
We have a packed stadium that lacks atmosphere.
We can’t attract proper investment.
We can’t hire a proper football manager.
If this was a business you’d have to look at the owner but the problem goes way deeper. Scotland tried to kill us off it’s going to take probably another 5 years to start to challenge again.

When all are fit the first 11 is reasonably good.

What we are currently seeing is a real lack of depth.

Alves, Cardoso, Wallace, Dorrans, Morelos make a real difference.

This shower of fuckinh shite have now overseen 2 managers and have people calling for Murty to get bagged.

Newsflash! The squad is the worst weve ever had. A squad of losers.

We need to find investment or we will find ourselves scrapping it out for 2nd place every year.

Thats not Rangers.

The Board need to pull.l a rabbit out the hat here because this club is going south. And rapidly
I'd say the squad that failed to get out of the championship were far worse. Then there was the pre-Souness era...

True, but also certain players know theres no competition for their position, and it shows

We are a weak team in terms off strength and height,easily bullied by teams,I cannot remember when we last seen any of our team put in a blood and guts tackle,it’s alright playing nice football but you need hardness which we lack in all parts of our team.

Pedro Caixinha was ahead of McInnes in all the polls on here for the new manager.

Comical.
Spot on - the number of posters who kept saying give him time was a joke. When he learned nothing at Hampden and then hung us out the following week for the 5-1 should have been his last game. Clueless and Park, Robertson and Dickson who appointed him should be accountable.
If we'd got McInnes in instead of him we'd be in a far stronger place, with better players and sitting in 2nd - it's why we should still go for him.

Rubbish all 5 when they have played have been average at best, Morelos the star striker has now gone 10 games without a goal, think about that for a moment almost a third of the season without a goal.

Not scoring and conceding easy goals is killing us, get young Ross in midfield get us first and foremost hard to beat, getting fkin bullied in the middle of the park is like starting a goal down.

At the end of the day poor players are poor players, whoever the manager is, as we are currently seeing. What makes our club different (and a few others, including Celtic) is even good players sometimes can't handle the weight of expectation. Tragically what we have right now is a combination of poor players and a bundle who can't take the pressure. This is easily the worst Top Level squad we have had since about 1983-1985.

Spot on - the number of posters who kept saying give him time was a joke. When he learned nothing at Hampden and then hung us out the following week for the 5-1 should have been his last game. Clueless and Park, Robertson and Dickson who appointed him should be accountable.
If we'd got McInnes in instead of him we'd be in a far stronger place, with better players and sitting in 2nd - it's why we should still go for him.
Got to agree with this. The appointment of a completely unkown Manger who is then allowed to spend millions on a bunch of unkown South Americans was criminal. McInnes would have bought much more wisely in the UK market and I've no doubt we'd be comfortably second (at least) with a team that is difficult to beat.

Once we gave Pedro so much money to rebuild then we had to stick with him for a reasonable period even though it became obvious from the disaster of our first 2 competitive games of the season that he was a failure. The board were not prepared to have been seen making an arse of appointing him in the first place.

I disagree if you look at what would’ve the usual 1st 11 in that team they are all to a man far far better than what we are watching now. Andreas Velicka is even a more effective player than Herrera.

Velicka scores a few important winners in the run in that year maybe away to Falkirk? and Hibs if my memory serves me well?
would take him now!

Pedro was an absolute chancer who was unbelievably given a crack at the job, but once in, it was, and still is ludicrous to suggest the men who gave him that crack were going to bin him after a mere handful of games, especially as he was still operating with a squad that wasn’t his own at that point.

I agree that it was clear right off the bat that he looked clueless, but there was simply no way the board were going to ditch him after that double whammy against the Beasts.

Progres . . . now that’s a different matter.

That is our squad for 2 x Sheep and the Tims on 30/12 ! Scares shit out of me !
It's only 2 weeks ago a thread appeared can we win the league!, and if we somehow took at least 4 pts from Aberdeen I'm sure it will be back, to many on here just make it up week by week instead of looking at the big picture. I stand by what I said on another thread recently I don't think any of our current players will be playing for us next time we win the league.( maybe R MCc excluded)

Jack good enough? He's been chronic for months now. Genuinely surprised at how many rate him. A supposed defensive midfielder who can't tackle, constantly loses his man, has next to zero presence in the midfield.
I am not a huge fan of Jack. Overrated by many.

Tavernier McCrorie Alves wallace are good enough

Dorrans is good enough. We need a top drawer midfielder to play next to him.

Two high quality wide men and a powerful goal scorer.

Imagine
Wes
Tav
Mccrorie
Alves
Wallace
B ferguson
Dorrans
Albertz
Kanchelskis
Mols
Laudrup

Would this team win the league

I agree we need 2 or 3 top quality in rather than spreading it thin on loads of players.

Replacing the team again is ridiculous. We need a manager who can work with players. It was a ready made excuse for the previous fraud to wing it for 7 months.

nearly all of the players you have said are good enough are pedro's players

with the amount of players we signed in the summer your bound to sign a few not so good players

We need 2 full backs as we need to get back to defending properly. We also need a decent centre back as Wilson won't do, even as cover.

It’s amazing what a couple of proper quality players will do. I mean a Steve Davis type of quality (when we signed him).

Most can agree there is no margin for error in the next appointment but if the well has now been emptied by the previous appointment, no credible man will take it on. The board may not escape the appointment of Pedro unless it can find a serious injection of money to put it right with a proper manager.

Those that appointed Pedro should have been told to clear their desks the day their unmitigated disaster was sacked.

It’s a ridiculous and unnecessary situation we now find ourselves in. The result of being run day to day by amateurs completely out of their depth in positions they should never have been appointed to. That means Stewart Robertson & Co.

John is good enough in my opinion and a good coach will only develop him. Jack has been a waste of space. I like Wes but he’s still horribly one footed and doesn’t command his area enough for me.

I agree too much hysteria really not doing anyone any good.

Wes..... Probably

Wilson...Not good enough

Mcrorie ..Huge potential

Jack......Good Enough

Windass..Not good enough

Miller.....it's over

Candias...Possibly

Moreles... Good Enough

Agree with all this except John IS good enough and Candieas is not. Wallace was good enough at one point but is no longer.

Jack may come up better in a better team but I think he's been distinctly average in a blue shirt

Back