This is what happens when you have a poor January transfer window

chilebear

We played JL in defense today because FL and LB are not fit, Supposedly Sands Can play in defense or not?
Why didn’t we bring in Soutter or someone else?
In saying that would be Soutter another un-fit signing?

Ramsey hasn’t been fit which is nothing short of a mis-managed signing

Amad just does have the heart to play for Rangers, an awful signing

If Bassey had played in defense instead of Lundstram he would have stopped that cross that led to their goal
Why take lundstram out of midfield?

We need players to come into the first 11

This is totally on Wilson and I’ve zero confidence in the man now to get decient players in May.

Not a single January signing made it onto the park today. Did any Ross Wilson signing play at all, given Lundstram was driven by Gerrard?

We need to stop indulging any Executive who isn’t performing, and Ross Wilson is proving a really poor hire.

This is totally on Wilson and I’ve zero confidence in the man now to get decient players in May.
I’m all for the club being more prudent with funds but if we’re counting the Gerrard and Paterson cash then we should have had something to play with in January

Our transfer windows for the last few years have been poor. We rebound have strengthened in the summer knowing what this year meant to us, we didn’t and now are paying the price

The scum went out and strengthened in January, we went out and spent money on players who have contributed absolutely nothing. It was the same in summer. If they backed Gerrard with a couple of big signings we could’ve been in the CL no problem, instead by trying to save money, they’ve ended up costing themselves more money. We’ve had no freshness in the squad for a long time.

Ross Wilson needs to be a shaky peg. He's a bit of a fraud.

The 4 players we signed on paper offer us various things but not 1 of them have had an impact yet - for different reasons.

Someone has to be responsible for that.

He’s well thought of and I can’t fathom why.

5 consecutive transfer windows which can be deemed failures.

Sure someone said we’ve not signed someone who’s played more than 50% of available games since 2019.

Ridiculous.

This is f uck all to do with the transfer window we absolutely dominated that first half and blow the off the park it’s all about the tactics and player mentality in the second half nothing at all to do with the available personnel

The 4 players we signed on paper offer us various things but not 1 of them have had an impact yet - for different reasons.

He should go tonight and sadly Gio will likely need to join him in the summer if there isn’t a miraculous turnaround. Time and again we are expecting different results with players who have let us down when it matters. The Hibs semi should have been the last time we had to suffer watching this mob.

Europe is easy for them. No pressure, no expectation, anything is a bonus. It’s days like today, last week and the 100 times it’s happened before that are the problem. We need a to wake up as a support and demand more. Our trophy record is 1/10 since Gerrard came in and 1/16 since returning to the top division yet a sizeable % of us seem to be in a near constant state of positivity.

We have every right to be very concerned about the consequences of not winning the league this season and the reasons it has been allowed to get to this stage.

This is f uck all to do with the transfer window we absolutely dominated that first half and blow the off the park it’s all about the tactics and player mentality in the second half nothing at all to do with the available personnel

Yes and no. But the bench offered nothing today and there were three January signings. The other is injured.

RW was very pleased with himself at the end of the window. It’s not looking too clever now.

Ramsey and Amad looked good signings on paper but unfortunately signing players with injury issues and young players on loan just does not work for us

Also think the OF defeat was very damaging and the manager does not trust multiple players in the squad

Last edited:
If we had better players available would we have had this disgraceful record this 2022 thus far ?
We have not strengthened the first team squad

Ramsey and Amad looked good signings on paper but unfortunately signing players with injury issues and young players on loan just does not work for us

Also thing the OF defeat was very damaging and the manager does not trust multiple players in the squad
What has happened to Davis?

The Amed signing just looks like Ross Wilson turned on Football manager one day and plucked him out of the air because of the fee paid for him. Was the lad actually scouted or signed on the basis of a previous fee?

Ramsay did we actually do a proper medical on him? An international player shouldn't be taking 4 or 5 weeks to get fit.

Sands worse than the players we had already in midfield.

The Polish lad probably too early to judge him as he's more a project signing but why on earth would we pay £500k for him and not Souttar with similer contracts?

I have some sympathy for Gio as he obviously wasn't backed at all in the window.

£16m in with £500k spent says it all.

apparently wilson was clever forward planning had lists of players for every position

yet we played a midfielder at cb

and his 2 signings in january have been pish

i honestly dont know what his smug face is all about
whens the last time he signed a decent player

We played JL in defense today because FL and LB are not fit, Supposedly Sands Can play in defense or not?
Why didn’t we bring in Soutter or someone else?
In saying that would be Soutter another un-fit signing?

Ramsey hasn’t been fit which is nothing short of a mis-managed signing

Amad just does have the heart to play for Rangers, an awful signing

If Bassey had played in defense instead of Lundstram he would have stopped that cross that led to their goal
Why take lundstram out of midfield?

We need players to come into the first 11
How long is Ryan Jack out?
We missed him so much.

And is Steven Davis not even getting a look in these days?

Say what you like but their January signings have made an infinitely bigger impact than ours. Looks like that’s what could swing it.
While that's true, it still sticks in my craw that they manipulated an early start to the winter break in order to get out of playing us and get said players in.

While that's true, it still sticks in my craw that they manipulated an early start to the winter break in order to get out of playing us and get said players in.
Yeah that still stinks to the high heavens tbh. But we’ve brought in guys none of whom can get a start, and the only one who’s had a couple of starts is a wean who’s shown all his inexperience.

What was the condition that stopped us bringing in Souttar in January?
I know it was a selling on fee, but what was the percentage, that stopped this from happening.
Beginning to look like Ross Wilson fkuced badly.
Considering Helander not deemed fit enough for European games.

Massive, massive mistake going with this defence.
Never strong enough.
Add in Greegsy showing his age, and his confidence in these players in front of him... is shot, and we are in serious trouble.

After what Goldson said after the Semi, I would never, ever have him playing for Rangers again.
Unforgivable.

Just like his performances this season.
And quite frankly the two seasons before #55.

Gerrard's love child.
That once again gets away with everything.

Massive mistakes in this transfer window.
Diallo,(who?) Sands,(who?) and Ramsey...who is not fit enough to play even 45 minutes.

I almost bet that Gio had never heard of the first two players, in his puff!
But they were recommended to him through Wilson, and agents.

I sincerely hope like DE hinted at these huge cock ups, win or lose this league, are addressed in May.

He talks big but I’m still trying to understand what the strategy and model is.

The scum went out and strengthened in January, we went out and spent money on players who have contributed absolutely nothing. It was the same in summer. If they backed Gerrard with a couple of big signings we could’ve been in the CL no problem, instead by trying to save money, they’ve ended up costing themselves more money. We’ve had no freshness in the squad for a long time.
Exactly, 100%. We will probably need to sell Kamara, Aribo and Kent to finance a rebuild if we don’t win the league but this squad needs a serious overhaul anyway.

It's an awful prospect, but it's getting to the point where we're needing an absolutely ruthless Manager / Executive to gut the Club of players who, whilst they are decent enough, simply aren't up to being Rangers players.

I've never been a great believer in the descriptions like "the jersey is too heavy for them", etc, but there are players regularly trotting out for us who really shouldn't be there.

As others note, investment in the squad last summer might have payed dicvidends re Europe, but this January window (where almost every team that we've come up against domestically are reaping benefits from the players they've just signed in January, but ours are peripheral figures) is worrying.

I worry that we'll gut the squad, sell off big players and replace them with the fodder that we got so used to several seasons ago.
What happened to all our hopes of Gio and co using their "knowledge" of the European (especially Dutch) markets, players and prospects ??

Our Jan transfer window consisted of a youngster with bags of potential but no where near ready for a first team, and a rehab clinic offer for Ramsey.

Said this last week Van Dijk apart Wilson was abysmal for Southampton, their fans weren’t really gutted when he left and came to us. Mark Allan used to get a lot of shit from the fans but this Guys stealing a living just now

Back