This is what they wanted.

What place do these sectarians songs actual have at Ibrox? In any decent country they would have been banned decades ago.

The lawmakers in this country have let both sides of the sectarian divide in west of Scotland away with murder for far too long that now an entitlement mentality exists regarding our party songs. With their action yesterday UEFA have perhaps thrown the gaunlet down to the footballing authorities in Scotland and don't be surprised if they now feel emboldened to start punishing us if we step out of line. We have stuck two fingers up to the authorities with the slow creep over the past couple of season with the banned TBB - singing it tomorrow and the call for punishment will be overwhelming.

We have been warned, it is now serious, the only question is have we listened and understood the message. The answer will be seen tomorrow.

So as a Ranger of a certain vintage I see TBB as a part of our heritage and the songs do not offend me. Equally much of this has been caused by the dignified silence practiced by a succession of Rangers boards. We now see the scum act with complete impunity they face no punishment for throwing objects at players invading the pitch and singing songs about there being no Protestants and in support of the IRA. Two so called wrongs do not make a right but the law isn’t applied equally is it so the club should ask why. Equally some of the stuff that happens in Eastern Europe at games also gets scant publicity and very little sanctions.

As I’ve stated the world has changed to a degree that we have to cease the singing of songs that we know will cause the club trouble but equally the club must speak out at the way we are singled out. We are where we are and we have deal with the here and now but had we as a club spoken out we might have been in a better place.

The usual suspects in bbc Scotland are giving it full on Rangers fans are racist, sectarian and the fact we have an orange strip is further testament to the clubs position. They are piling pressure on the spfl and sfa to act now.

My blood is boiling with this. We are NOT racist. Never in my life time have we ever been racist.

I actually do not even believe we are anti Catholic. I’d bet a large proportion of our fans are married to catholic’s or have Catholic extended families. Those days are long gone.

What we are is anti IRA, it seems that we are being hammered for the word 19th Century Terrorist. Any reference to the pope etc is a girfuy to the scum.

The subtlety of the argument is lost on uefa, it’s lost on the bbc who are determined that we are ultimately banned from Europe and points docked in the league.

We need to stop this shite however once and for all. The world sadly has moved on, banter is now a criminal offence and we cannot allow idiot fans to get us banned or points docked.

Game on thursday going to be completely overshadowed by singing
This is alk going to end b badly and usgoing to impact on the druve to 55
Couldalmost say our enemies have played a blinder here watching us argue with oneanother

Let's for a second imagine uefa and FARE, along with celtic and hollicom are behind this as some people are saying... Then job done, as look at this board today.

We're playing our best football in years, mounting a real challenge, bringing new life to the club and for the first time in a long time they're scared.

Rather than bickering about the board standing up for the fans, or what can we/can't we sing, it's times like today we need to stand together and remember we're all in this as one.

Nobody likes us, we don't care? Well let's make sure things like this don't divide our support who have been amazing this year in backing the team.

We will get 55, It will break them, but we all need to stick together to make sure the team get there with our help.

Excellent post. Our songs have been fairly consistent for years. No issue when we're shit but now we're looking very strong shit hits the fan, the Union Bears are banned and we've got everyone bickering over what we can/can't do.

it's so blatant.

Let's be honest they will say no matter what we sing is sectarian big bad Rangers bla bla f..k them they know WE are on the verge of dominating Scottish football again and are s..ting it.

We stop tbb,super Rangers and all the add ons ftp,Ira and sands what will be the next target,We think we've cracked it but I've heard the poets get all a fluster with We Are the People and No Surreder.

That word doesn’t relate to RC’s it relates to enemy’s of Great Britain that’s the dictionary definition.

The meanings of words clearly change over time, though. Any dictionary will provide a definition that designates the term 19th Century Terrorist as a derogatory name for a Catholic.

Your definition also comes into difficulty given the flexible ways in which it is used at Ibrox. I doubt any Scottish referee is or ever has been a member of that particular early nineteenth century terrorist organisation.

Last edited:
The usual suspects in bbc Scotland are giving it full on Rangers fans are racist, sectarian and the fact we have an orange strip is further testament to the clubs position. They are piling pressure on the spfl and sfa to act now.

My blood is boiling with this. We are NOT racist. Never in my life time have we ever been racist.

I actually do not even believe we are anti Catholic. I’d bet a large proportion of our fans are married to catholic’s or have Catholic extended families. Those days are long gone.

What we are is anti IRA, it seems that we are being hammered for the word 19th Century Terrorist. Any reference to the pope etc is a girfuy to the scum.

The subtlety of the argument is lost on uefa, it’s lost on the bbc who are determined that we are ultimately banned from Europe and points docked in the league.

We need to stop this shite however once and for all. The world sadly has moved on, banter is now a criminal offence and we cannot allow idiot fans to get us banned or points docked.

Michael Stewart stirring it up re the orange strip, chip chip, ramping it up, best buckle up for a rough ride.

So by your train of thought we just carry on doing wtf we want.No one has to self police anything.If youre a moron who wants to continue singing songs that will eventually get us expelled from euro comps,points deductions and ultimately see our manager f*ck off you dont love your club.However if you're a fan who backs the team by singing songs about the club without using any words deemed offensive then no one has to self police anyone.Think that's pretty simplistic.And I'm using the word you in a general sense not you personally.
Do you really believe what you are saying? Do you believe appeasement will work? This goes way beyond singing songs. They are out to destroy our culture and our beliefs and shut down our club, one way or another. Have you been sleeping for the last few years? I am a presbyterian, which by definition means I protest against the evil cult of Roman Catholicism. Read the comments section in the papers and they go on about anti-RC as if my beliefs should be changed and not allowed anymore. They are trying to demonise us, whether you like it or not. You have now been tarred as a racist, just because you support a football club.
They have brought religion and politics into football especially when 3 clubs were founded on religious reasons, ours was not. Celtic, Hibs, Dundee Utd. were all founded for Roman Catholics.
They now have politics introduced and that is dangerous for us as we are perceived as a Conservative and Unionist club. It is not true, many Rangers fans vote left wing parties.
So, if you think this is about singing songs, you are mistaken.

Do you really believe what you are saying? Do you believe appeasement will work? This goes way beyond singing songs. They are out to destroy our culture and our beliefs and shut down our club, one way or another. Have you been sleeping for the last few years? I am a presbyterian, which by definition means I protest against the evil cult of Roman Catholicism. Read the comments section in the papers and they go on about anti-RC as if my beliefs should be changed and not allowed anymore. They are trying to demonise us, whether you like it or not. You have now been tarred as a racist, just because you support a football club.
They have brought religion and politics into football especially when 3 clubs were founded on religious reasons, ours was not. Celtic, Hibs, Dundee Utd. were all founded for Roman Catholics.
They now have politics introduced and that is dangerous for us as we are perceived as a Conservative and Unionist club. It is not true, many Rangers fans vote left wing parties.
So, if you think this is about singing songs, you are mistaken.
We are at a serious crossroads right now.
If you want religion go to church. If you want football come to Ibrox.
You wouldnt take a football into a church, why bring religion into Ibrox?

Rangers Football Club comes first above all else.

We are at a serious crossroads right now.
If you want religion go to church. If you want football come to Ibrox.
You wouldnt take a football into a church, why bring religion into Ibrox?

Rangers Football Club comes first above all else.
I have never believed that religion and politics should be involved with football. I am pointing out that they brought religion and politics into football. There are now adverts for political parties in football grounds in Scotland, that should be forbidden. They say there is an anti-catholic bias in Scotland and Rangers fans are the main culprits, that is you and me, whether we like it or not. I didn't take religion to Ibrox, it was there before I was born.

Be
Why should we stop mentioning the Pope because we were charged for saying 19th Century Terrorist? Genuine question. I agree with you on all things related to the word 19th Century Terrorist.
Cause you're at a fukin Glasgow Rangers game, watching the famous managed by Stevie g, back in Europe playing well, good squad, on the brink of group stages with literally hundreds of famous ex players to sing about and you want to sing about religion

Anybody on Thursday night who attempts to mention the pope, 19th Century Terrorist or the billy boys should rightly be told to shut the fck up.

I agree, but I’ve been wondering how many people it actually takes to get us into trouble though.
If one person stands up near to a FARE representative and shouts FTP for whatever reason, would this be a charge against the club or do you think it needs to be a large part of the crowd? If a scum fan shows up to our games and holds up a 19th Century Terrorist bastards banner, is the club liable for that?

I agree, but I’ve been wondering how many people it actually takes to get us into trouble though.
If one person stands up near to a FARE representative and shouts FTP for whatever reason, would this be a charge against the club or do you think it needs to be a large part of the crowd? If a scum fan shows up to our games and holds up a 19th Century Terrorist bastards banner, is the club liable for that?
Doubt it mate. think we be ok if the naughty songs do not take hold. Anything is possible of course, but let's be smart here. We are playing really well and on the up. Our enemies are throwing the shit at us off the field, because they may not be able to beat us on the field. Let's not grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. Do we play better or progress as a club when we eff the pope? of course not. Do our enemies gain when we eff the pope? Yes, potentially they gain a lot. Be smart.

Doubt it mate. think we be ok if the naughty songs do not take hold. Anything is possible of course, but let's be smart here. We are playing really well and on the up. Our enemies are throwing the shit at us off the field, because they may not be able to beat us on the field. Let's not grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. Do we play better or progress as a club when we eff the pope? of course not. Do our enemies gain when we eff the pope? Yes, potentially they gain a lot. Be smart.

I agree we should drop any reference to the pope or IRA at our games,. If we are walking a tight rope with UEFA though, I really wouldn’t be surprised for a scum fan to go to one of our games and hold up a 19th Century Terrorist banner.

Why test the waters? Why sing about the pope? The pope doesn’t play for rangers
Exactly. When we test the waters, someone will keep pushing it a little further, until we get in trouble again. We all love Rangers too much to make silly mistakes. Knock it on the head. Leave the pope out of it. He will have enough problems of his own in the future :)

I agree we should drop any reference to the pope or IRA at our games,. If we are walking a tight rope with UEFA though, I really wouldn’t be surprised for a scum fan to go to one of our games and hold up a 19th Century Terrorist banner.
Cross that bridge if we come to it mate

Why should we stop mentioning the Pope because we were charged for saying 19th Century Terrorist? Genuine question. I agree with you on all things related to the word 19th Century Terrorist.
Because it's a football match. Rangers have told you if you want to indulge in this kind of shite then you ain't welcome. Deal with it.

This is a serious reply,and I have always believed this,there should be no religious education taught in any school of any discription,not only will the tax payer reap many benefits but our country will be a much better place to live ,all religion is a load of shite and has caused nothing but bother for as long as anyone can remember.

I've been watching Rangers for decades so am settled now. Cheers, though. I love how some on here think me saying 'x isn't banned/getting cited' (when it isn't) equates to 'I love singing that tune and I'll sing it at every match forever regardless of the impact'.

Why are so determined to argue that it's okay to sing FTP at Rangers games?

It isn't.

Just give it a rest.

Why are so determined to argue that it's okay to sing FTP at Rangers games?

It isn't.

Just give it a rest.
I'm out for tea. I am not arguing it's ok i.e.' lovely, desired, helpful'. I am saying it is 'ok' as in we won't get cited for it (as we weren't cited for our singing of 50p Flute vs St.J's but were for songs containing 19th Century Terrorist). Do your best to understand the distinction between 'admirable behaviour' and 'behaviour that will lead to further UEFA sanctions'. Shouting FTP at Ibrox is neither.

I understand why people want to use this opportunity to target multiple elements of our songbook but if you do this without properly framing the issue in reference to the actual charge we have received (for saying 19th Century Terrorist) then you are either disingenuous or not fully informed.

I am saying 'we won't be/weren't cited for FTP'. Everything else re. the idea that 'I am steadfastly defending the noble right to shout FTP at the football' is just a product of this/many threads being filled with circle-jerking morons. I actually agree we should stop saying it, but don't think hoodwinking our support into thinking we'll be banned for it, when we won't, is helpful in achieving this. All of this is stated in the thread. Cheers.

Last edited:
This is a serious reply,and I have always believed this,there should be no religious education taught in any school of any discription,not only will the tax payer reap many benefits but our country will be a much better place to live ,all religion is a load of shite and has caused nothing but bother for as long as anyone can remember.
That's a debate for another day mate.

Brazil bear.you are right .these bastards are trying to kill us once again. They will pick up on any little thing .we must play the game from now on.if not we will be terrorists in our own country.they are baying for our blood.we must play them at there own game.get involved.don't ever forget. W.a.t.p.no surrender

Let's for a second imagine uefa and FARE, along with celtic and hollicom are behind this as some people are saying... Then job done, as look at this board today.

We're playing our best football in years, mounting a real challenge, bringing new life to the club and for the first time in a long time they're scared.

Rather than bickering about the board standing up for the fans, or what can we/can't we sing, it's times like today we need to stand together and remember we're all in this as one.

Nobody likes us, we don't care? Well let's make sure things like this don't divide our support who have been amazing this year in backing the team.

We will get 55, It will break them, but we all need to stick together to make sure the team get there with our help.
Bang on the money ! This was an attack on our club by certain individuals at a key time when momentum was growing ! The negativity around the club in the last 48 hrs is unreal compared to the overwhelming positive feeling which has been growing . I feel sorry for the manager as he constantly gets asked questions about fans behaviour. A classic case of moving the spotlight from the bheasts from the east and their dismissal from champs league and child abuse scandal .

We bide our time we play their corrupt game, and we beat the fcking lot of them every bloody game take no prisoners, then we bombard UEFA every time they arsehole scumbags play every time they utter anything we first send 1000 email reports then 2000 email reports onwards concerted effort to fck them at their own game them.

This whole thing is a total stitch up by the Crash Barriers, Liewell, SNP etc etc.

This is just the start of it. You can put your Mortgage on it something will happen in the aftermath of next Sunday should we win. This Strict liability or whatever the fck they are calling it is nothing surer against Us this season. Points deducted, stands closed etc.

As I said previously there's an all out Civil War heading to this country.

A stitch up would imply we are being blamed something we haven't done? Fact is we have and continue to do it (sing daft songs) its not fucking rocket science let's just wrap it and they have nothing on us.

Reactions: BWO

Why ? Because most of Europe worships the prick , he isn’t actually on the pitch or in the away end . So just don’t mention him for the simple reason they will shut the ground next time and you will hurt the club financially , piss off thousands of bears that don’t feel the need to mention him
That’s why

Why ? Because most of Europe worships the prick , he isn’t actually on the pitch or in the away end . So just don’t mention him for the simple reason they will shut the ground next time and you will hurt the club financially , piss off thousands of bears that don’t feel the need to mention him
That’s why
In terms of class, manners, etc. you are right. We shouldn't say it for those reasons. In relation to ground closures you're wrong as we weren't cited for saying that (and in fact said it in the game we were cited without mention). It's all above but my point was 'why should a ban on saying [phrase A - 19th Century Terrorist] result in people focusing on [unrelated phrase].

I see why they are trying to use this to clean up the support, but we shouldn't be confusing things if we want to properly respond to the sanction. Right now we need to focus on 'not saying 19th Century Terrorist in UEFA competitions/ideally anywhere' and people can worry about their wider focus of turning our fans into little Comrades further down the line. I'm not defending the use of an offensive term, just pointing out that we aren't being cited for saying it (and that half the support don't know what we were cited for, which is an issue).

A stitch up would imply we are being blamed something we haven't done? Fact is we have and continue to do it (sing daft songs) its not fucking rocket science let's just wrap it and they have nothing on us.

A stitch up as in Liewell is behind this.

No one has denied the songs aren't sung. All of them need binned. The add ons, BB, the UVF crap too. We're a football club ffs. All that has the square root of fck all too do with us.

Back