This pre season could be the most important in our history

Muay Bouk

أنا لا أحب البابا
Staff member
Start planning for it now as this season is in effect over. The sobering reality also is that a number of the sale-able assets we have are probably going to be sold to finance a rebuild unless of course a significant outside investment is found (unlikely) those assets as much as no one wants to face it are Morelos and Tavernier.

I also think unless we stop the rot next season in terms of a league title then 10 in a row for them is an inevitability. The squad we build next season must solely be focused on winning a league, europe and progression beyond the qualifiers must be looked at as a bonus.

There are quite frankly a number of issues our club face in the coming months and our current Manager really has to hit the ground running next season or we have another period of upheavel to look forward too, we also must address the captain situation and we must let go of the players who just cannot perform under the weight of a Rangers jersey.

We also must as a support stop looking back and using excuses "i but look where we were x amount of years ago", fact is we are not there anymore and currently what we are getting from the club as a whole squad/management etc is just not good enough.

Next pre season is huge, the price for failure is unthinkable, i hope the relevant people within our club realise this.

Seriously, 9 games to go, 27 points to play for and 8 behind and the league is already lost.

Is that the FF view.

It's not really in our DNA to do that but i think we need to get a lot right heading in to next season, as another poster pointed out, playing squad alone is probably 8-10 players short of being a title winning team.
Completely agree but surely we can manage both concurrently?

I know its unlikely we will get anything but this is rangers, there's always a chance until there isn't.

So what is it exactly you're suggesting here? Play the reserves in Europe, don't try as hard. I don't get it:confused:

So what is it exactly you're suggesting here? Play the reserves in Europe, don't try as hard. I don't get it:confused:

I'm suggesting the team/squad that we build must be good enough to win an SPL title. That in reality means they may not be good enough to progress in Europe.

Start planning for it now as this season is in effect over. The sobering reality also is that a number of the sale-able assets we have are probably going to be sold to finance a rebuild unless of course a significant outside investment is found (unlikely) those assets as much as no one wants to face it are Morelos and Tavernier.

I also think unless we stop the rot next season in terms of a league title then 10 in a row for them is an inevitability. The squad we build next season must solely be focused on winning a league, europe and progression beyond the qualifiers must be looked at as a bonus.

There are quite frankly a number of issues our club face in the coming months and our current Manager really has to hit the ground running next season or we have another period of upheavel to look forward too, we also must address the captain situation and we must let go of the players who just cannot perform under the weight of a Rangers jersey.

We also must as a support stop looking back and using excuses "i but look where we were x amount of years ago", fact is we are not there anymore and currently what we are getting from the club as a whole squad/management etc is just not good enough.

Next pre season is huge, the price for failure is unthinkable, i hope the relevant people within our club realise this.

Dont you think we should have taken steps to make Ibrox intimidating for our opponents? How many times have you read opposition players and managers say that they set out to frustrate us and turn our fans against the team?

The 12th man is very important but it seems those in charge at Ibrox dont understand this.

I'm suggesting the team/squad that we build must be good enough to win an SPL title. That in reality means they may not be good enough to progress in Europe.
I'm still lost then. We were good enough to progress in Europe this season and lost out on qualifying from group narrowly yet we are likely not good enough to win the title. Maybe I'm daft but I still don't get it.

Its really not, its called reality instead of blind optimism.
The reality is it's not over until it is over. What would your reaction be if SG said.' right that's it season is over, let's start giving the young lads a game after all there is only 45500 ST holders paid for the last 5 games' ?

I'm still lost then. We were good enough to progress in Europe this season and lost out on qualifying from group narrowly yet we are likely not good enough to win the title. Maybe I'm daft but I still don't get it.

So what does you first sentence mean "Start planning for it now as this season is in effect over."

Sounds like giving up to me.

It means its unlikely we will win this league as we are not consistent enough and do not have the quality currently to win 9 games in a row.

The reality is it's not over until it is over. What would your reaction be if SG said.' right that's it season is over, let's start giving the young lads a game after all there is only 45500 ST holders paid for the last 5 games' ?

Gerrard wont say that but if he started playing a number of our promising youngsters i really wouldn't have an issue with that, could they be an worse than what played against Aberdeen on Tuesday?

It means its unlikely we will win this league as we are not consistent enough and do not have the quality currently to win 9 games in a row.
Think you've quoted me by mistake mate cos you're not explaining the whole good enough to win the spl but not good enough to progress in Europe thing. I've said why in my last post.

Gerrard wont say that but if he started playing a number of our promising youngsters i really wouldn't have an issue with that, could they be an worse than what played against Aberdeen on Tuesday?
You might not have an issue with it as you have given up on the league, I would have an issue with it because while it is arithmetically possible to win the league, we should be trying too

Think you've quoted me by mistake mate cos you're not explaining the whole good enough to win the spl but not good enough to progress in Europe thing. I've said why in my last post.

We have had numerous teams in the past who won league titles but never made much impact in Europe, this seasons European progress was an anomaly.

In my opinion the reason for this was we had a slightly higher caliber of player than the rest of the teams in the league (spl) but not of a high enough quality to make a significant impact in Europe.

I am still massively concerned that King has not sourced external investment. That is a big worry.

It sure is. Everyone needs to be looking to next season and DK needs to find us serious investment to buy some quality. If we go into next season with largely the same squad plus Hastie, Shinnie and Jones then god help us, bears.

I don't think we'll stop Celtic , should they win this year's title. Fan pressure will be too much to handle for Gerrard and some of his players next year. We are already talking on here about him being out for Christmas. I wish we didn't have to worry about their titles instead concentrate on building a side that might take 3 or 4 yrs to do but be great for the next 8 to 10. That's what would happen in any normal league

Last edited:
So what does you first sentence mean "Start planning for it now as this season is in effect over."

Sounds like giving up to me.

He’s being a realist. Celtic could go out and lose their next three games and when our chance came to go top we’d blow it.

That’s based on the reality that our players shit their pants when presented with a real opportunity. They’ve proven it time and again and no amount of wishful thinking will change that.

We have had numerous teams in the past who won league titles but never made much impact in Europe, this seasons European progress was an anomaly.

In my opinion the reason for this was we had a slightly higher caliber of player than the rest of the teams in the league (spl) but not of a high enough quality to make a significant impact in Europe.

While you say DK has not brought in any Investment, well this anomaly of our European run brought in more investment than winning 3 SPFL titles.
While it was my opinion to get a foothold back in domestic silverware, I have to concede that the money received from Euro run was very welcome., although it did impact on our domestic form with the amount of games played.
Until such times as our focus can solely be put to the football side of the Club in relation to finance, then IMO inconsistency will continue.
Fighting domestically and in Europe is tall order, silverware or money.

Seriously, 9 games to go, 27 points to play for and 8 behind and the league is already lost.

Is that the FF view.
We went out the Scottish cup on Tuesday not the league.

I expect Gerrard to make changes and to win the next 9 games. Realistic? Probably not. But it's still what I am wanting. We have a squad capable of beating the tims on their day. We need to go out and prove it every week until the seasons end now

Is that the FF view.
Would you trust that team to win 9 given the number of points dropped to teams already that we will face in the split?
They can’t even win 4 on the bounce ffs.
The league is done that team fucked it in 2019.

Next few games, next season..

Our belief or enthusiasm never stops. Its always next game, next cup or now next pre season.. I hope one day we get the success we deserve.

Am I the only one who is extremely worried about the outcome if we sell Morelos & Tav? I think its madness.

We already have numerous areas of the pitch that need upgraded, yet we’ve to sell our best 2 players and try to replace them too?

People really trust Allen & Gerrard to get all these signings this summer right? I don’t.

I think we’re effectively giving up if we sell those two. Imagine if the mentally challengeds sold their best 2 players? This place would be buzzing for us to go for the jugular.

You might not have an issue with it as you have given up on the league, I would have an issue with it because while it is arithmetically possible to win the league, we should be trying too
I agree. What’s probably also more important is that we build momentum to carry into next season.
If we close the gap, but don’t win the league, we can at least go into next season with the feeling that we are the ones in form, and us that as a springboard for the next campaign.

It sure is. Everyone needs to be looking to next season and DK needs to find us serious investment to buy some quality. If we go into next season with largely the same squad plus Hastie, Shinnie and Jones then god help us, bears.

This. It looks like we'll be relying on the Morelos money for transfer. As someone else posted here we need the EL money just to break even.

Is that the FF view.

Given that we’ve won 6 games out of 18 in all competitions against the rest of the current top 6, it is my view yes.

This team doesn’t have it in them to win the number of remaining games which will be required to bridge the gap.

I’m quite prepared to face the facts Morelos and Tav are the sell able assets.

We rely too much on Morelos. We need a fresh start and redistribution of his quality in the creative roles. As long as the striker can put the ball in the net he doesn’t need as much to his game as Morleos has.

As for Tav, he’s been a good servant but a sizeable fee and we don’t even need to think about it - we sell him.

No, this season's was.

I’m quite prepared to face the facts Morelos and Tav are the sell able assets.

We rely too much on Morelos. We need a fresh start and redistribution of his quality in the creative roles. As long as the striker can put the ball in the net he doesn’t need as much to his game as Morleos has.

As for Tav, he’s been a good servant but a sizeable fee and we don’t even need to think about it - we sell him.
Agreed and if we bring in creative players middle to front we don’t need Tav. We can go back to a solid right back.

He’s being a realist. Celtic could go out and lose their next three games and when our chance came to go top we’d blow it.

That’s based on the reality that our players shit their pants when presented with a real opportunity. They’ve proven it time and again and no amount of wishful thinking will change that.

Yes, again just another convoluted way of saying I am giving up on the league with 9 games to go. 27 points to play for and 8 behind.

People can write it as many different ways as they want, it is giving up.

Season isn't over yet, but there must be a degree of planning ahead yes.

I'm almost sure I read that thread title annually though.

We need the situation with Mark Allen sorted before summer.

We cannot waste the Morelos (and possibly Tav) money on signings like Grezda.

Poor recruitment cripples you as a club, it's unfathomable how bad ours has been since we returned to this league.

Agreed and if we bring in creative players middle to front we don’t need Tav. We can go back to a solid right back.

There's an argument of 'we don't realise what we have with Tav until he's gone', and to an extent I get that. He creates a decent amount. Arguably, the most creative in the team.

However, we sell him for £6m plus then that's a good investment we can make in creative players in attacking positions, where creativity is much more important in that part of the park. We do that and the net gain will be greater than it would had we kept him.

Yes, again just another convoluted way of saying I am giving up on the league with 9 games to go. 27 points to play for and 8 behind.

People can write it as many different ways as they want, it is giving up.

So what are you, a 5 year old who still believes that if he shuts his eyes and pretend things are rosey it’ll all work out?

So what are you, a 5 year old who still believes that if he shuts his eyes and pretend things are rosey it’ll all work out?

No, someone who says you play one game at a time and try to win each of those games.

That includes the games against them, which alone would mean a 6 point swing if won.

Then hope that someone else takes points against them, they have lost plenty this season.

If and when it becomes arithmetically impossible to win the league then accept it.

You never know, they could unexpectedly lose the last game of the season and lose the league at the same time.

What are you, someone giving up with 9 games to play and 8 points of a difference.

Given that we’ve won 6 games out of 18 in all competitions against the rest of the current top 6, it is my view yes.

This team doesn’t have it in them to win the number of remaining games which will be required to bridge the gap.

Dont post facts and realism on here mate, it wont go down well. Blind faith and misplaced optimism are much more the order of the day.

Back