This really is a wonderful watch! Ian Ferguson - True Blue!

Fergie done a Q&A at our club a few weeks ago and it was the best we have had. His stories are first class and span a great period for the club and involve many famous Gers players and rival players. He tells it straight, warts and all. If ever you get a chance to have him guest at your functions I would strongly recommend it.

His celebrations after he scored v them in 89 were brilliant and also his thunderbolt of a shot in the 2-1 victory at the cesspit a few months later

:D

Scored some absolute belters v the northern scum as well including this one where the original game was called off 30 mins before kick off whilst we were in the stadium!

9 scotland caps what the actual f*** was that all about as well?? :rolleyes:

qstbmb.jpg

A good footballer, who could run a game, from battling it out in the middle, to spraying a pass or shooting with venom, to wearing the goalies gloves because his club needed him to.
I doubt I will ever see a player of Fergies type again, but I did get to see Fergie and feel privileged to have done so.
Davie Copper was my first Rangers hero, but Fergie was high on the list after that.

Fergie was a bear his bro in law took me to a house party in gallowgate and left me

I used to frequent the Bristol were he was in often drinking irn bru he was just one of the bears

Remember falling with a puggy for losing a 3 pound game

His celebrations after he scored v them in 89 were brilliant and also his thunderbolt of a shot in the 2-1 victory at the cesspit a few months later

:D

Scored some absolute belters v the northern scum as well including this one where the original game was called off 30 mins before kick off whilst we were in the stadium!

9 scotland caps what the actual f*** was that all about as well?? :rolleyes:

qstbmb.jpg

If I call right he told them to get tae feck after he got abused by the tartan army

Fergie was a bear his bro in law took me to a house party in gallowgate and left me

I used to frequent the Bristol were he was in often drinking irn bru he was just one of the bears

Remember falling with a puggy for losing a 3 pound game
Were you carrying a puggy machine yersel?

Thoroughly enjoyable entertainment from start to finish.

Thanks for posting this op, very very enjoyable watch.

By f()ck our pedigree was fucking phenomenal !
goals scorers galore and a real team spirit.

sign of age when im seeing players in other Scottish clubs and saying " i dont remember him playing for them? did he play for them?" :D

Thanks for posting this op, very very enjoyable watch.

By f()ck our pedigree was fucking phenomenal !
goals scorers galore and a real team spirit.

sign of age when im seeing players in other Scottish clubs and saying " i dont remember him playing for them? did he play for them?" :D
Sign of age or blatant disregard?

Cannot really choose between him, Cooper and Gough who is my actual favourite player.

If only he was playing now brown would not be strutting about the Park he would be doing a Di Canio.

Thanks for posting the video cheered me up after a few crappy days.

He was the most pushy but perfect teammate you could ever wish for.

His joy at a Rangers win was palpable but pity the man that played beside him and did not give his all for the fight.

He knew his team could win every game they ever played.

Never went in to a game thinking they would lose, regardless of the opposition.

Compare and contrast to today, some of our players have us beaten before a ball is kicked.

We sadly lack his steel and have done for over a decade.

Since Fergie, who has come close? Kevin Thomson, hard to name them right now. :(

An underated player while he was with us.
I'll be honest here and no doubt in the minority but I was never a fan of the midfield partnership of Fergie and McCall. They were too defensive for me.

I'dve played Fergie and a more creative player like Steven,Miko or Durrant beside him.

Nice to see Fergie is getting the appreciation he deserves.

maybe both :)
but before it all became all out hatred towards us, i took more of an interest in our rivals (not just the peados) Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd etc i can remember watching us play them and being able to curse the fuckers by name :D .....seems time has erased a lot from memory!
Now its all about the Rangers!
Spot on, there was a time when I could name most of the players in the top flight by pictures (like Fenners £10s), but now I don't even recognise many names for "them".

Back