This rumour about £50 to access the CCCS

Papasmurf

Scum Evictor
Official Ticketer
I suspect the £50 mentioned will be to join a membership scheme, rather than specifically to access CCCS only. Can’t be judged until we know exactly what else would be included in the membership scheme package.

I think the OP is giving us half a story in other words, but that’s the nature of the rumour-mill.

Its funny how folk are all in favour of membership schemes to get money into the Club - until they find out it might affect them directly.
Exactly.

It want so long ago people wanted to put money into the club by any means necessary.

Unless the club have no intelligence, then, it would be part of a package.

- 20% reduction in stadium tours
- 10% reduction in food at the argyle house
- 10% reduction for merch
- access to cccs
- draw for getting on the pitch at half time for some half time comps
- chance to meet the manager
- etc etc

Porto Loyal

We will never satisfy demand for away tickets and finals. Doesn’t help when scum like Hibs and Aberdeen reduce our allocation.

Kingging

I have no idea what is proposed but suppose membership included tickets for the first two rounds in Europe , first dibs at semifinals and finals, discounts on merchandise and two for one on restaurant meals in the argyle suite. Gotta be worth more than 50 then. For such a package who wouldn't pay 100 or alternatively a tenner a month

Shengus Malengus

There is absolutely not a hope in hell Rangers will charge £50 for "access to CCCS."

Rangers want to increase CCCS membership not reduce it.
It matters not a jot that ballots for big games is a result of that.

Revenue for the smaller ties far outweigh this.

Last edited:

Live Forever

Official Ticketer
There is absolutely not a hope in hell Rangers will charge £50 for "access to CCCS."

It matters not a jot that ballots for big games is result of that.

Hope you’re right.

MightyGersLand!

Would imagine the booking fee covers a fair bit of it.
Just to add a bit of context, I'm speaking as someone who paid £40 quid to join the travel club this year.
Having been to 4 games this season and 1 last, and 10 plus going back over our last 5 seasons in Europe, yet I've effectively paid it for 2 points for applying, had zero tickets, mainly due to last seasons decision to deny non-STH from joining.

The club get things wrong, but on the whole get a lot more grief when stuck between a rock and hard place with this kind of thing. Never going to cover costs and please everyone!

luckywhitefeather

Regardless of this specific rumour

Our supporter base will need to dramatically increase what we are putting in, whether it’s via a membership scheme or / and a season ticket rise

Really just need to be much more open about need to collectively raise contributions from our support.

das

Copying Man Utd with their £50 annual membership fee before you can buy tickets.
I doubt we would shift many tickets for friendlies and home cup games if people had to fork out £50 before you can even buy one.

Valley Bluenose

Here's a bit about Leeds' Gold Membership:

Thank you. So, that appears to give members who are non-season ticket holders a priority period to buy home match tickets before general sale. Similarly, it gives members who are non-season ticket holders a priority period to buy tickets for away matches - after sale to season ticket holders. Plus a range of discounts,

Tom Petty

It matters not a jot that ballots for big games is a result of that.

The vast majority of money collected on CCCS doesn't go to Rangers. The number of people on the away CCCS who take their ticket even when they aren't planning on attending, ie some people who are members of an RSC, is far too big. Maybe this will get rid of the people who abuse the away ticketing system and allow people to get to more matches.

Shengus Malengus

The vast majority of money collected on CCCS doesn't go to Rangers. The number of people on the away CCCS who take their ticket even when they aren't planning on attending, ie some people who are members of an RSC, is far too big. Maybe this will get rid of the people who abuse the away ticketing system and allow people to get to more matches.
I was more referring to home matches were CCCS is hugely important to the club.
They won't want to risk losing a big chunk of cup revenue on home games against diddy teams.

Welder_Bear

I don't disagree with anything you've said at first glance.

Question, when Aberdeen send us tickets, and we sell them on at the same price, who actually pays all the admin staff and resources involved in sorting out these away tickets?

Why should shareholders and season ticket holders who don't go away, pay for this?
There is a £1 fee added on to each ticket that should amply cover that.

Govan_derry

Official Ticketer
Just my opinion on it, easy way to create revenue for the club, possibly cuts out people with no intention of going to games, most EPL clubs you have to pay £50 a season in order to purchase tickets for the home games
man easy way to create revenue on top of my season tickets for me and my boys, travel club membership, limited addition tops just before Xmas etc. There has to be a point where you say that’s plenty.
the club should fight the fans corner. We pay sometimes double the price at an away game to watch the same game as the home fans in the same stadium with sometimes worse facilities. If they could sort stuff like that then it would make it easier to ask for more cash from us

DNA1872

Official Ticketer
Heard it’s going to be a gold silver and bronze membership scheme and gold is £150 ... don’t know how true it is but if it’s true then the club is taking the piss and treating us very poorly

ClockworkOrange

Not a chance the membership scheme will be for existing season-ticket holders.

It'll be an incentive for non-season ticket holders to get first dibs on tickets that don't sell out.

ClockworkOrange

£50 membership fee and you still wont be guaranteed a semi final/final ticket
Exactly - surely the purpose of the scheme would be to protect some people's semi-final/final ticket, which becomes null in void as soon as a certain number sign up?!

Kirky loyalist

What’s this about? Hoping it’s bullshit.
I’m up for it .If it will set me apart from a large percentage of other fans and will
Guarantee me semi /cup final rather than just priority then I’m up for it . Would even go to £100.
That’s why the CCCS scheme was introduced. If your willing to pay , you’ll get the premium tickets .
Also I’m hoping cup finals will be a more regular occurrence now

Uddy Gers

I’m up for it .If it will set me apart from a large percentage of other fans and will
Guarantee me semi /cup final rather than just priority then I’m up for it . Would even go to £100.
That’s why the CCCS scheme was introduced. If your willing to pay , you’ll get the premium tickets .
Also I’m hoping cup finals will be a more regular occurrence now
But everyone will pay it anyway and we’ll still be balloted.

Basic cccs free, non st games, and 1 away ticket(if box checked) from lower cat games ie livi, killie etc

Tier 1 membership, non st games and 2 tickets(if box checked) from lower cat games
Chargeable 50, non priority for semi and final first option to buy if available

Tier 2 membership , non st games and balloted for all away games, and semi finals finals etc, a better organisation so no one can receive say 2 final tickets when someone hasn’t had 1.
Chargeable say 80-100.

Laudrup's Right Foot

Hopefully true

Should get rid of quite a fair number of those only interested in signing up to away games in the hope of landing a big game ticket whilst punting the “shite” game tickets

EE-Bear

Membership is coming. I’ve no clue what it will look like or how it will work but from what I’ve heard it will be in for next season.

RoboProd

Official Ticketer
Would put an end to people signing up their family and friends who have no interest in going! I know people who have 4 or 5 season tickets signed up for away games for themselves.

Also a lot of supporters buses sign up members who only go to home games and friends of members etc.

IMO this won't stop this. Individuals will just pay it and resell any additional tickets with a small premium to cover the cost of the sign up fee.

Bigbluebear1971

Just to add a bit of context, I'm speaking as someone who paid £40 quid to join the travel club this year.
Having been to 4 games this season and 1 last, and 10 plus going back over our last 5 seasons in Europe, yet I've effectively paid it for 2 points for applying, had zero tickets, mainly due to last seasons decision to deny non-STH from joining.

The club get things wrong, but on the whole get a lot more grief when stuck between a rock and hard place with this kind of thing. Never going to cover costs and please everyone!
If you've been to 4 games this season you will have been successful in getting a ticket for all 4 games.

MightyGersLand!

If you've been to 4 games this season you will have been successful in getting a ticket for all 4 games.
Home end hospitality. Over 300 quid. Feyenoord.
Direct from Young boys.
Porto home end.
Off here for Legia Warsaw.
Home end Villarreal last season.

No successful travel club applications. 2 points.
Joined up for TC as soon as I knew I could after KB last season.

JamieBTB

Official Ticketer
too many people are using other season ticket holders details for themselves. e.g signing you dads and uncles up to the away scheme to give yourself another chance.

paid membership fee will see the numbers come down right away

RfcWATP

Home end hospitality. Over 300 quid. Feyenoord.
Direct from Young boys.
Porto home end.
Off here for Legia Warsaw.
Home end Villarreal last season.

No successful travel club applications. 2 points.
Joined up for TC as soon as I knew I could after KB last season.
How could you have been unsuccessful with Porto when it went down to 0 points?

Blastie Bear

so far this season I think I have had one ticket - Ross County mid week.
if they start charging £50, i'll just come out of the scheme, and i think plenty others will do the same. I think rangers would be crazy to implement this.